Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:26:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

yeah here's the news buy a playstation you wad

mobias

Quote from: hedgehog90 on September 28, 2018, 11:15:42 AM
Any news on a PC release?
Is it likely?

I think it will happen this time but like with GTAV the release will be a good 6 months or so after the console version. RDR1 didn't come out on PC because the console code was a mess and making it work on PC would have just taken too much time and effort for not a huge pay off.

Mister Six

Oh good, busywork!

(Still, though - those clouds, eh? Fucking hell!)

FAKE EDIT: That sounds sarcastic, but I was genuinely impressed by the clouds on that mountain shot.

mobias

The whole thing looks really beautiful. The lighting is just incredible. Can't wait to see it all in action.

Be interesting to see just how big the game world is. Rockstar seem to be keeping quite lipped on how big the map is, saying only that its bigger than GTAV.

World looks utterly unreal. Characters look as stiff as the PS3 to me, with better textures and facial animation, obviously. Their motion capture doesn't match ND yet. Different games yeah but that's their decision nevertheless.

Hank Venture

Contingent on good reviews and lack of lootboxes and micro transactions this is a must cop.

Mister Six

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 01, 2018, 10:34:00 PM
World looks utterly unreal. Characters look as stiff as the PS3 to me, with better textures and facial animation, obviously. Their motion capture doesn't match ND yet. Different games yeah but that's their decision nevertheless.

What's ND? Naughty Dog?

Ferris

colacentral

When is mobias going to admit he's Sam Houser?

mobias

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 01, 2018, 10:34:00 PM

Yeah different type of games. ND can put a shit ton more bandwidth into their animations since their games aren't open world and don't have anywhere near the amount of detailing elsewhere to have to worry about.

Quote from: colacentral on October 02, 2018, 05:40:47 AM
When is mobias going to admit he's Sam Houser?

When I have a bank balance to match.

Ferris

I got a visa gift card at work for $25 and used it on this preorder to knock a few quid off, but it looks like they've charged that "card" with the full amount so it has -$50 on it or whatever. I assumed they'd ask me for additional payment eventually and had forgotten about it until I got an email today saying my order is complete and ready for dispatch, and will ship as soon as possible.

Think I just got this for free, waheyyy.

QDRPHNC

I'm deciding whether to take the day off work or not. I've never taken a day off for a video game before. But I like the idea of casually and slowly exploring the environment. I just got me a 4k TV too, so this will be extra good.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 07, 2018, 03:55:34 PM
I'm deciding whether to take the day off work or not. I've never taken a day off for a video game before.
I did, for Fallout 4 and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

So, yeah, going to wait a bit for this one instead.

TrenterPercenter

Just pre-ordered it (fuck it) haven't pre-ordered a game since Dark Souls 3 so meh it better be good.

Pdine

Would like to see some DLC for this based on Brokeback Mountain.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Pdine on October 09, 2018, 12:10:23 PM
Would like to see some DLC for this based on Brokeback Mountain.

And a special ethnic cleansing mini game.

mobias

I'll definitely take release day off on the 26th I think. There's always something fun about taking big release days off work for games you're really looking forward to.

I hope they do a zombie DLC for this. The Undead Nightmare pack for the first game was probably the best bit of DLC I've ever played.

Bhazor

Consignia

Quote from: Bhazor on October 10, 2018, 10:19:16 PM
Hope you get to see a mimsy in this one.

A horse's mimsy that realistically reacts to atmospheric conditions.

Ferris

Quote from: Thursday on October 15, 2018, 05:41:46 PM
Cunts

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-15-rockstar-has-been-working-100-hour-weeks-on-red-dead-redemption-2

I've done 60+ hour weeks and it's miserable and the work you are doing by the end is worthless. Why don't they just hire a few more people? It's not like they're short of cash. Cunts.

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 15, 2018, 05:45:02 PM
I've done 60+ hour weeks and it's miserable and the work you are doing by the end is worthless. Why don't they just hire a few more people? It's not like they're short of cash. Cunts.

How are they going to make those extra few hundreds of millions if they hire more staff?

Fucking idiot.

Ferris

I work a fourteen hour day probably once a month, on average, and it fucking ruins me for at least the next couple of days. This should be a criminal offence.

Consignia

It's disgusting, really. It's not enough you put people through the grinder for more hours than are humanly workable or sustainable, but to boast about is despicable. And for what? Slightly more realistic horse gonads.

Kelvin

Yeah, it's the boasting about it that makes it especially egregious. The idea that this is a badge of honour, and that, by implication, other developers that don't work 100 hour weeks don't care as much about their games. Disgusting attitude.

I always assumed the Housers were an absolute bunch of wanks but this confirms it. Totally agree that the boasting says it all, shit guy shit legacy.

Day one nevertheless. I care more about my own entertainment than these people's lifes.