Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

Free 2 Play collectable card game. Calling it now.

Thursday

I cannot stand the trend of announcing when there's going to be an announcement.

mobias

There's rumours going around that this is being delayed yet again into the second half of next year. Hopefully this new trailer release will prove otherwise. Looking forward to finding out more about the game anyway.

Quote from: Thursday on September 23, 2017, 09:45:38 AM
I cannot stand trend of announcing when there's going to be an announcement.

Rockstar are the kings of doing that. They've been doing it for years.

Mobius

...GTA 5 is when Rockstar discovered microtransactions

Ferris

Quote from: Mobius on September 23, 2017, 04:19:04 PM
...GTA 5 is when Rockstar discovered microtransactions

Was GTA5 really 4 years ago?! Time flies

mobias

I saw that over on Neogaf. Its not quite accurate since the current gen version of GTAV came out in 2014 and is obviously a Rockstar game where as LA Noire kind of isn't.  It sort of implies that Rockstar have been so busy making content for GTA Online that they haven't been making other games to release. A relatively small team work on content for GTA Online apparently. I guess everyone else has been working RDR2 and GTAVI. I think Bully 2 was in production at some point recently and is either still in production or was canned.

It all might mean we get a whole load of games in quite quick succession. 

Bhazor

Also Beaterator was a free2play iPhone game with microtransactions.

Thursday

My first thought upon seeing that timeline was "Am I that fucking old?"

mobias

Quote from: Thursday on September 24, 2017, 01:01:07 AM
Agent is still coming out. Believe!

Its long dead sadly. It was meant to be an open world linear game similar to the latest Uncharted and work was started on it in the wake of Uncharted 2. I think they quite fancied the idea of having a shot of making a game where the gameplay ideas were put before the open world elements. Not something Rockstar have ever done. I'm sure it would have been quite interesting. Sounds like the problems with Red Dead Redemption meant it was put on hold and by the time that was out it was time to start work on GTAV.

Viero_Berlotti

You see, I was just about to come in here and post the trailer and say I thought it looked good but no better than GTAV can do at its best (which is fine for me so no real complaints there). I thought the main guy seemed a bit blando and his face seemed to suffer from the same partial top-half-of-face paralysis as John Marston so maybe he's a related. Still, there's no way this game's not going to be ace and I'll play it loads.

mobias

Nah it looks way better than GTAV. Even at its best GTAV looks clunky as hell these days. RDR2 has Beautiful looking art direction, like a digital painting. So much detail for a vast open world game. From what I've heard the weather system in the game is something to marvel at. I've no idea what this footage is coming off. Whether its a standard PS4 or a PS4 Pro, I presume the latter.

Its weird to think this is Rockstar's first proper game this generation, just the generation is coming to an end.

Mister Six

Nah, not very enthused about Grand Theft Equine there. I don't want to play some violent robber cunt, even if he - as the title implies unless they don't particularly give a shit any more - goes through some kind of redemption arc.

I'll probably pick it up second-hand for the poker though.

Graphics look like just about every other modern action game. Will probably be more impressive when riding around the environments instead of watching boring cutscenes full of unconvincing "gritty" dialogue. Was that fella threatening to rape a bloke's widow? That's not very nice.

Kelvin

Quote from: Mister Six on September 29, 2017, 06:07:50 AM
Was that fella threatening to rape a bloke's widow? That's not very nice.

Threatening to kill her, surely? Keep her in black, as in the clothes she would be buried in would be black, too. Not really sure that makes sense, actually (are women buried in black?), but that's how I took it.

Quote from: mobias on September 28, 2017, 07:19:16 PM
Nah it looks way better than GTAV.

I won't get able to play this game, as I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, but I have to admit that my over-riding thought while watching the trailer was that the human characters looked really dated. Not just their faces, but their clothes and animations, too. Obviously I'm sure it will look great during gameplay, and the environments are unquestionably gorgeous, but you can tell that, like most open-worlds, the game looks much better in vistas than in close up.

Mister Six

Quote from: Kelvin on September 29, 2017, 06:23:42 AM
Threatening to kill her, surely? Keep her in black, as in the clothes she would be buried in would be black, too. Not really sure that makes sense, actually (are women buried in black?), but that's how I took it.

Doesn't he say "keep her in black on your bed" or something? Sounded rapey to me at any rate.

wooders1978

No he said "keep her in black, on your account" I.e threatening to kill him, the son, was my take on it

kittens

trailer doesn't look so great. it is still going to be the best game ever though isn't it

Neomod

Quote from: wooders1978 on September 29, 2017, 07:15:20 AM
No he said "keep her in black, on your account" I.e threatening to kill him, the son, was my take on it

This.

I agree that apart from looking very pretty the trailer doesn't excite me that much. The main protagonist Marston Morgan looks a bit like 'Face' Dirk Benedict and just feels off. I don't like him.

mobias

I suppose I always approach Rockstar's games (and their trailers) the same way - which is I'm kind of only there for the glorious open world beauty and the detailing of how you interact with that world. Thats really all their games are about for me. The fact of the matter is I know fine well the characters are going to be the usual Rockstar fodder spouting the exact same sort of dialogue they spout in all their games. I'm sure the story of RDR2 will be some sort of remix of the story of RDR. 

Also, since getting rather into GTA Online of late I'm actually more excited for what RDR2 is like online. RDR online was way better than the story driven game.

Bhazor

Yet again I just can't get any excitement about the Wild West. Any random combination of decade and country would be more interesting to me.

Shay Chaise

Great graphics, world will be great, gameplay will be mechanically average, story and characters will be marginally better than most, a game for people to fill in the blanks with their imagination and get excited about the concept of doing things rather than the physical pleasure of doing them. All of which is fine, like the Witcher. I see the value, as someone who adores Skyrim purely for its atmosphere, but no Rockstar game has ever been about gameplay or mechanics, they're about pushing various buttons in your mind., like Uncharted. They will never make a great video game.

Norton Canes

Bullseye relaunch 'in questionable taste'

QDRPHNC

I'm sure it will be good, but the trailer is blah. Would much rather see some actual gameplay in these things.

mobias

I'd just like to point out for those who aren't quite as sold on this game as perhaps they should be that your horse, should it be a stallion of course, has fully animated testicles that react with the motion of the horse. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-29-it-really-does-look-like-rockstar-animated-horse-testicles-for-red-dead-redemption-2

This is confirmed.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 29, 2017, 05:18:02 PMWould much rather see some actual gameplay in these things.

There wasn't a single GTA V gameplay trailer if I remember correctly. The first time I saw someone playing the game was after the reviews hit on release day. You're always expected to buy it on the strength it's cut scenes.

Mister Six

Ahhhh, right, got ya. Ta.

mobias

Its interesting reading around other forums like Neogaf at the moment in the wake of this new trailer. There's so much more bad blood towards Rockstar these days, mainly I guess because of the whole shark card thing with GTA Online and I suppose also from within the games industry because of the ongoing lawsuit with Les Benzies.

Quote from: Hello! Replies Hidden on September 30, 2017, 12:14:53 AM
There wasn't a single GTA V gameplay trailer if I remember correctly. The first time I saw someone playing the game was after the reviews hit on release day. You're always expected to buy it on the strength it's cut scenes.

Rockstar never used to do gameplay trailers but they started with Red Dead Redemption and in fact GTAV got two, if you include the one for GTA Online. Here's the first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

People obviously hold out for the gamely trailers because it shows you what you'll actually be playing rather than showing you pre-rendered cut scenes. Rockstar usually show a gameplay trailer far closer to release day though so don't hold your breath.

Thursday

Quote from: mobias on September 29, 2017, 06:10:06 PM
I'd just like to point out for those who aren't quite as sold on this game as perhaps they should be that your horse, should it be a stallion of course, has fully animated testicles that react with the motion of the horse. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-29-it-really-does-look-like-rockstar-animated-horse-testicles-for-red-dead-redemption-2

This is confirmed.

Can you command it to shit like the horse in MGSV?

Otherwise no deal.