Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Line of Duty Season 4

Started by Van Dammage, October 21, 2016, 03:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Do we reckon
Spoiler alert
Steve's dead
[close]
then? I hope not, because it would be a drab way to bow out.

Some of the dialogue in this episode felt a bit obvious to me. And although Line of Duty hardly prides itself on believability, there's always a sense of logic to it, so why was the husband so nervous answering questions from the police? He's a lawyer! I don't reckon he's hiding anything either.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh.

Utter Shit

Spoiler alert
Very much doubt he's dead. Looks like he 'only' fell a couple of floors, so it's at least plausible that he survived, and I don't think they'd kill off such a key character (although obviously plenty of great shows have done this to good effect).

In fact I thought it was so obvious that he wouldn't be dead that I actually got annoyed when I thought they'd fucked him down the entire flight of steps as I hate the cheap way shows sometimes give you a "well there's no way he can survive that, he's definitely dead" cliffhanger only for the character to miraculously pull through, it was a relief when I saw that he could have realistically survived the fall.
[close]

Van Dammage

I'd say he's
Spoiler alert
going to be in a coma or on life support or something.
[close]

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 10, 2017, 10:59:47 AM
I don't reckon he's hiding anything either.

I think he's hiding something massive. No one is that nervous if they have nothing to hide. Also his car being outside Tim's house and the constant mentions of Jimmy Lakewell to Steve made it sound like he was trying to tip him off about something. He just kept repeating it as if it was supposed to mean something to Steve.

Quincey

What did people think of Episode 4? Things seem to be hotting up for
Spoiler alert
Supt Hastings
[close]
. I think the
Spoiler alert
ACCs support for Huntley will finish now he knows she won't shag him. Unless the ACC is Balaclava man. Or Huntley is. Or perhaps it's that sexy young DC with glasses.
[close]

Van Dammage

So
Spoiler alert
Maneet is working for the ACC. ACC got a call while Steve was on his way to Nick Huntley. Possibly Maneet informing the ACC of Steve's movements?
[close]

Phil_A

Quote from: Van Dammage on April 18, 2017, 04:25:32 AM

You could also have:

- Steve tells Kate "I'll push from without, you push from within!"

- Steve, Kate or Ted stare out a suspect from the balcony of AC12 as they depart/arrive.

Van Dammage

Before this season there could also be "Steve shags a witness".

Adding to what I said yesterday,
Spoiler alert
Maneet seemed a bit uneasy giving the documents to the ACC, maybe she's being blackmailed, or she's realised that her (possibly her) phone call to him has led to steve being put in hospital.
[close]

Also
Spoiler alert
Jimmy Lakewell easily has the right build for Balaclava man.
[close]

Phil_A

Jesus, that was an eventful episode. Talk about upping the stakes.

Spoiler alert
Finally the ongoing plots threads are being tied together, Tony Gates, Jackie Laverty, Hunter's mob. It almost feels like Mercurio has been treading water until he can get all the pieces in place and now it's starting to pay off.

Hilton's up to his neck in it, isn't he? His "Oh, shit" reaction when Laverty was mentioned. It's hard to see how more blatant he could be. When he was playing Dot's declaration for Hastings I half expected him to turn round and go "Yeah it was me, what are you gonna do about it?"

Roz's endurance at this point is getting a tad ridiculous. Having a hand hacked off is not enough to stop her!
[close]

Van Dammage

Very happy that it's all come back to
Spoiler alert
season one and everything with Jackie and Gates.

Also, Nick Huntley did his thing of spelling out Lakewell's name in a very elaborate manner again. Very odd.

I think Jamie / James is going to come back and do something if he thinks he's being framed for the downloading of Dot's declaration. He seems like a very capable officer and judging by his reaction he's definitely not going to take it lying down.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Roz's arm though...Fucking hell!
[close]

Mobius

Spoiler alert
So awesome how it's going all the way back to Series 1. Really getting exciting now, these weekly waits are killer! Next week is the last one then?

Roz is going down the Lindsay Denton path. AC12 don't half mess peoples lives up!
[close]

studpuppet

I think the callbacks and story arcs spanning several series are what makes the unbelievable stuff easier to stay on board with. I like the fact that with one episode to go, I still have no idea which stories will get resolved, and which will continue over. I mean Roz may end up
Spoiler alert
getting promoted rather than banged up, or even killed by Jimmy 'Balaclava Man' Lakewell
[close]
?

Can't wait to see what happens when this series *ahem* 'draws stumps'...

Bogbrainedmurphy

I like Line Of Duty and find it really watchable and at times pretty intense, but it seems like the last episode and a half of each series just goes off on one!

Spoiler alert
Last series there was a shootout in the fucking office followed by a Bourne-style chase and some highly unlikely sharpshooting, this series we've had Arnott launched down some stairs and left absolutely dead and bleeding out the back of his head - now he's a seasoned wheelchair user with barely a scratch on him, save for a bad back...

And our Roz has a hand amputated, checks herself out within a day and is now charging about arresting people again, and not one colleague has mentioned that she stunk like a zombie not 2 days ago
[close]

It's gone mad I tell you. Mad!

chand

Quote from: Bogbrainedmurphy on April 24, 2017, 03:26:57 PM
I like Line Of Duty and find it really watchable and at times pretty intense, but it seems like the last episode and a half of each series just goes off on one!

Spoiler alert
Last series there was a shootout in the fucking office followed by a Bourne-style chase and some highly unlikely sharpshooting, this series we've had Arnott launched down some stairs and left absolutely dead and bleeding out the back of his head - now he's a seasoned wheelchair user with barely a scratch on him, save for a bad back...

And our Roz has a hand amputated, checks herself out within a day and is now charging about arresting people again, and not one colleague has mentioned that she stunk like a zombie not 2 days ago
[close]

It's gone mad I tell you. Mad!

In fairness
Spoiler alert
the scene in Arnott's flat made it clear that he's in no fit state to be back at work, and that he's just putting a brave face on it and lying to Occ Health. I dunno much about hand amputation but Roz's character clearly wasn't going to lay around in hospital waiting for everyone to figure out what happened.
[close]

Quincey

That sexy young DC is totally under Roz's spell isn't she.
Spoiler alert
"Look at your poor wife!"
[close]

She's played by Claudie Jessie: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5104710/

Desktop wallpaper for all you Jodie fans: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=204&t=1378325&i=480

Maya Sondhi who plays PC Maneet Bindra is fit as well.

MuteBanana

She's a right teachers pet. She was drinking a pint when they were all in the pub the other week. You know what that means in TV land. Surprised we haven't had a 'Oh I've no time for a boyfriend' nod-nod-wink-wink remark yet.

BeardFaceMan

There's no way Roz is Ifields killer though is there? That's too obvious, and she hasn't admitted any guilt and they've held off on showing what actually happened at his flat so she must be covering for someone else.

3D

The only mildly disappointing aspect of this series has been the alacrity with which two of the leading characters have been able to leave the hospital after life changing events.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on April 25, 2017, 10:24:30 AM
There's no way Roz is Ifields killer though is there? That's too obvious, and she hasn't admitted any guilt and they've held off on showing what actually happened at his flat so she must be covering for someone else.
I think she killed him in the struggle but then she phoned up the balaclava club (more than one balaclava man I reckon) and they came round to tidy it all up. They'll do her in if it looks like she's going to be exposed.

This is a brilliant series. Totally off its nut but brilliant.

MuteBanana

Is it still not certain Nick was balaclava man who tried to kill Steve? He's not exactly Paul Spector is he? But if you had to pick two possible members you'd say Nick and Lakewell. Was Lakewell the one Roz called after she killed Ifield?

If Nick Huntley is far more into being balaclava man than he's letting on he's playing a blinder. I did wonder why Roz was protecting balaclava man and if she knew it was her husband. Not spoiler just theory
Spoiler alert
What if the twist is that she thinks its Lakewell when its actually him AND her husband. Maybe Lakewell is the real father of the kids.
[close]

Van Dammage

Quote from: 3D on April 25, 2017, 10:28:04 AM
The only mildly disappointing aspect of this series has been the alacrity with which two of the leading characters have been able to leave the hospital after life changing events.

I think for Steve it's fairly clear that he really shouldn't have left the hospital so early and that he's finding it very hard to cope while keeping on a brave face for Hastings and the rest.

SpiderChrist

Phil_A

Gah! That was a frustrating finale in a lot of ways due to the sheer number of unanswered questions.

Spoiler alert
What did the gang have on Hilton? His off-screen death felt like we'd been cheated a bit, because he was the kind of character you'd really, really want to see crack under interrogation.

What was Jamie's deal? Was he just acting under orders from Hilton or did he have also have gang connections? I notice they didn't follow up on his fate in the ending montage, so presumably he's going to crop up again at some point.

Was Roz really alone in the flat when Ifield died? We only have her word for it.

What was that ominous shot of Hastings about at the end? Could he really be corrupt after all this? Cos that would really be playing the long game.

Nice to have the "multiple balaclava men" theory confirmed.
[close]

Mobius

Spoiler alert
Yeah I wasn't sure Hilton had anything on Jamie, more just buttering him up after AC12 treated him like shit, but pulling a gun is pretty full on ain't it?

Another great season all in all but agreed on Hilton - after Doc he was probably the best bet to get some solid bloody info!

Guessing Tony Pitt's character will be prominent next season - I don't remember him being in it before? But he went from interviewing Roz's husband along with Arnott's ex-girlfriend, to having his picture right next to Hilton on the board in the last scene

[close]

Quote from: Mobius on May 01, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
Spoiler alert
Guessing Tony Pitt's character will be prominent next season - I don't remember him being in it before? But he went from interviewing Roz's husband along with Arnott's ex-girlfriend, to having his picture right next to Hilton on the board in the last scene
[close]
Spoiler alert
He was a recurring character in series 2 and he was on the board because his name was Hargreaves. It was all the senior H officers.
[close]

Mobius

Spoiler alert
Oh wow I'd totally forgotten that! Perhaps I am due a rewatch...

Glad to hear it's been renewed. I'm so curious to see where it all ends.
[close]

MuteBanana

Yeah Hilton called up one of the balaclava men while committing suicide. Like he'd give a shit. Wake up Steve and Kate.

The only way that balaclava man randomly showing up at the end is if Hastings called him so he could play hero and shoot him.

That scene with Hastings, Jamie and Jimmy was well confusing. Hastings was surely talking to Jamie but he kept calling him Jimmy and Jim, which made you think he was talking to Lakewell. I mean wtf. Was the name thing from before just Hastings  being Hastings or did he not like Jamie because he'd been approached and wasn't into being corrupt? But then as people have said him pulling a gun out made it see like he was up to his neck in something. Maybe they did get to him after all and his life was at risk if he didn't bring them Lakewell.

Why the fuck did nobody ask Chris Coghill's character 'hey, did Ros Huntley show up at the evidence room in the days after Ifield's murder? Any chance she was left alone in the evidence room?'

I'd watch a series of Huntley being in the shit and then pulling the 'oh yeah, I'm a copper' move. I'm looking forward to Westworld even more now after this.

Autopsy Turvey

The BBC should know how infantile and arrogant and needy it sounds introducing a programme with "One thing is for sure, Line Of Duty is brilliant". That's not for you to say you smug cunts, just tell us what the name of the programme is and shut the fuck up. It's an entertainingly ludicrous, convoluted potboiler where the finale involves people standing around pointing guns at each other indefinitely, it's not exactly Public Eye.

Quincey

Good to hear there will be a fifth series of Line of Duty, although it won't be shown until 2019.

AT, I agree with you about the tedious continuity announcer. I think that was the second LOLRANDOM announcement in 5 minutes about the programme, I turned to BBC1 at 8:55pm and remembered being annoyed by two of them.

I am surprised the
Spoiler alert
ACC was revelaled to be corrupt - he seemed so pathetic  I couldn't imagine him being competant enough to be involved in a plot. Was he the top corrupt copper in Central Police?
[close]

I wonder what DC Jodie Taylor will do now her heroine has
Spoiler alert
been imprisoned
[close]

As an AC-12 officer, is Hastings allowed to
Spoiler alert
carry firearms
[close]
?

MuteBanana

He removed it from someones holster.

Edit - This I think adds weight to Hastings being H. Bunch of armed cops, why does Hastings need to raise a gun as well? Well, because he has to make sure the guy dies and he is seen doing it.

DrGreggles