Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Old Doctor Who - Part 3

Started by Ambient Sheep, October 21, 2016, 05:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

Got it. It's Matt Smith in the bowler. That's from the Sally Lockhart Show.

Norton Canes

Thinking about my answer, now not so sure about it. Thought it was the Troughton one next to the Two Doctors shot, don't remember it from any other story. Thought it was Trout's face superimposed on Barbara in her Aztecs get-up but I've Googled that and it's not the same.

Jodie's second hat is from The Witchfinders but I can't remember if she actually tries it on. Matt in the bowler is from the sepia flashback sequence of The Crimson Horror. Rose's beret... you might be onto something there. Did Tennant ever wear a fez in Day Of The Doctor..?

Deanjam

I have no memory of Pertwee in a flat cap.

Norton Canes

I think it's from the same publicity photo session as the one next to it, so I presume they're counting both.

Right, finished work, looking at answers.

Ah.

Replies From View

My gut feeling is that it'll be a new series one, as things like this are normally pitched at the newer/younger viewers.  Either Rose wearing the beret or the thirteenth Doctor in her top hat.

Norton Canes

It's certainly not the Troughton one next to the Two Doctors shot, but what story is that from? Don't recognise it at all.

Deanjam

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 15, 2019, 05:22:14 PM
It's certainly not the Troughton one next to the Two Doctors shot, but what story is that from? Don't recognise it at all.

Underwater Menace.

daf

Nothing in a hat can stop him now!!

Camp Tramp

A bit late, did Sandifer use to be a man?

mjwilson

She transitioned last year IIRC.

Camp Tramp

Quote from: mjwilson on January 15, 2019, 06:58:30 PM
She transitioned last year IIRC.

I thought it was a bit of a coincidence that there were two Sandifers. I used to read her blog when she was Mark. Still spouting nonsense though.

Such as stating that the Big Finish range has no merit.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Camp Tramp on January 15, 2019, 07:03:07 PM
I used to read her blog when she was Mark.

What about when she was Philip?

Phil_A

Quote from: Deanjam on January 15, 2019, 04:39:46 PM
I have no memory of Pertwee in a flat cap.

Looks like the hat trying on scene from Spearhead From Space?

Deanjam

Quote from: Phil_A on January 15, 2019, 08:58:46 PM
Looks like the hat trying on scene from Spearhead From Space?

Ah bum. You're right.

mjwilson

Quote from: Camp Tramp on January 15, 2019, 07:03:07 PM
I thought it was a bit of a coincidence that there were two Sandifers. I used to read her blog when she was Mark. Still spouting nonsense though.

Such as stating that the Big Finish range has no merit.

Hard to argue with some of her conclusions though...

http://www.eruditorumpress.com/blog/you-were-expecting-someone-else-unit-assembled/

"The creative case for making a hundred and twenty-three separate Doctor Who audios in a single year is non-existent."

Jerzy Bondov

I do quite often agree with Sandifer but when I disagree I really disagree. I think when you write as much about Who as she does you're bound to say some correct things from time to time.

Norton Canes

Her stuff is generally interesting enough but it's just so dry, the academic tone really drags it down. There's no sense of joy or enthusiasm in it whatsoever. Rob Shearman remains my favourite Who 'analyst', you can sense his love for the show even when he's criticising it. Even Larry Miles' stuff was enjoyable acerbic. But Sandifer is a real chore to read.

gatchamandave

As a friend of mine once put it " Back in the RTD era if you argued with Jonathan Miles, say, that the show was crap and his claims for it as of higher quality than it ever was, he could piunt to the audience figure and AIs as support for his arguments. Argue with Sandifer and she points to her PhD"

Deanjam

Forget this nonsense. Which is the fake hat?!!!

Replies From View

Quote from: Deanjam on January 16, 2019, 04:28:32 PM

Hmm.  Do you deserve to know?

Replies From View

mjwilson

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 16, 2019, 11:58:17 AM
Her stuff is generally interesting enough but it's just so dry, the academic tone really drags it down. There's no sense of joy or enthusiasm in it whatsoever. Rob Shearman remains my favourite Who 'analyst', you can sense his love for the show even when he's criticising it. Even Larry Miles' stuff was enjoyable acerbic. But Sandifer is a real chore to read.

That's not the only tone she uses though, the recent Resolution review is a good fun Chibnall-kicking.
http://www.eruditorumpress.com/blog/resolution-review/

Quote from: Deanjam on January 16, 2019, 04:28:32 PM

I think it is the photo from Turn Left with Rose in a beret, as she doesn't wear one in the episode.

Deanjam

Quote from: Alternative Carpark on January 17, 2019, 07:20:48 AM
I think it is the photo from Turn Left with Rose in a beret, as she doesn't wear one in the episode.

Thanks. Haven't watched that in years so had no idea.

Deanjam

Colonel Archer in Resurrection of the Daleks.

purlieu

Eric Saward is finally putting out novelisations of Resurrection and Revelation, on 14th November.
Click for covers.

(what)

pigamus

Goodness me but that cover is shit. 'Will this do' of the highest order.