Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Old Doctor Who - Part 3

Started by Ambient Sheep, October 21, 2016, 05:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

I think they were filming it in August. It was so hot one of the Cheetah People chucked off her costume and buggered off in disgust. In her pants.

Alberon

Why didn't they put that in the episode rather than all that shit with Hale and Pace?

daf

Quote from: pigamus on August 20, 2019, 04:01:27 PM
one of the Cheetah People (. . .) In her pants.

Must have been Lisa Bowerman. Typical Benny - any excuse!

Norton Canes

Bad Ambassador

Alberon

Sad news, but he did make it to 84.

Thomas

Quote from: Alberon on September 02, 2019, 03:37:59 PM

His last script was in 83 actually :(

Deanjam

Quote from: Alberon on September 02, 2019, 03:37:59 PM

Which for anyone who saw him 20 years ago is a minor miracle.

R.I.P. Terrance. His 'never cowardly, never cruel' is the perfect encapsulation of the Doctor for me.

pigamus

I have reversed the polarity of the tear duct flow. RIP.

Norton Canes

With a wheezing, groaning sound...

R.I.P. Uncle Terrance

Deanjam

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 02, 2019, 06:52:56 PM
All the best lines have been taken.

R.I.P.

I liked this:
https://twitter.com/DrMatthewSweet/status/1168537785642434560?s=09

A lot of people are posting their Dicks. So to speak. I joined it too.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

RIP Uncle Terrance. That man, at his best, knew how to spin a rattling good yarn.

Phil_A

RIP Terry, may your face always be pleasant and open.

Bad Ambassador

The next box set is Season 26, to be released the day before Christmas Eve.

To include the broadcast, VHS and DVD editions of Battlefield and The Curse of Fenric, 5.1 surround sound and isolated scores on all 14 broadcast episodes, with 5.1 on the extended versions
Behind the Sofa with Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Anneke Wills, Pete McTighe and Joy Wilkinson.
Showman - the Life of John Nathan-Turner: A feature-length look at the life and career of Doctor Who's longest-serving producer
Making 'The Curse of Fenric': new documentary featuring Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Tomek Bork, Nicholas Parsons, Cory Pulman, Marek Anton, Ian Briggs, Andrew Cartmel, Mark Ayres and Ian Collins featuring unseen behind-the-scenes footage and photographs.
Matthew Sweet In Conversation with Sophie Aldred.
The Writers' Room: Ben Aaronovitch, Marc Platt, Ian Briggs, Rona Munro and Andrew Cartmel
Becoming The Destroyer with Marek Anton and prosthetics designer Stephen Mansfield recall the creation of one of Doctor Who's best ever monsters.
Blu-Ray trailer
Brand new Ghost Light extended workprint

Deanjam

Not a bad season. I like the tone of Fenric & Ghost Light, even if they do have their flaws. As usual the extras are the real draw for the upgrade.

daf

Trailer

Sarah Jane Adventures style series with a clapped out 7th & Milf Ace please!

Quote from: Deanjam on September 02, 2019, 07:40:36 PM
A lot of people are posting their Dicks. So to speak. I joined it too.

My Dick pic:

A copy of Timewyrm: Exodus, signed to a random guy.

purlieu

Very sad about Terrance Dicks - despite his, shall we say, less than enthusiastic Targets in the '80s, his writing of new books into the EDA/PDA era means he had more dedication to the show than any other writer. His endless contributions to the DVDs were always enjoyable. RIP Uncle Terry.

Season 26 - well, that was all-but-confirmed already anyway, but I'm glad I can guarantee didn't sell my DVDs for nothing at least.

Norton Canes

Here's a good 'Fuck my hat..!': as we all know, the original 1963-89 version of Doctor Who is the longest running science fiction series of all time - 26 years and 13 days.

On Wednesday next week it'll drop to second place behind Power Rangers.

Replies From View

Norton Canes

It's not too late! If we can bombard the Power Rangers production office with bad letters they might cancel it before Wednesday

Deanjam

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 05, 2019, 03:21:29 PM
Here's a good 'Fuck my hat..!': as we all know, the original 1963-89 version of Doctor Who is the longest running science fiction series of all time - 26 years and 13 days.

On Wednesday next week it'll drop to second place behind Power Rangers.

My immediate reaction was this was impossible as Power Rangers began in the 90s. I can't get my head round 1993 being 26 years ago.

Replies From View

What's the production continuity of Power Rangers?  And isn't it always the same episode every time?

Norton Canes

Plus is it really 'science fiction'?

Bad Ambassador

Replies From View

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on September 10, 2019, 10:36:22 AM
No, it's a cooking show.

I thought a cooking show was Can't Cook Won't Cook.

If Power Rangers is like anything else at all, it's surely football.

Alberon

Power Rangers doesn't count as a Sci Fi show. Its special effects are too cheap and crap!

gatchamandave

Quote from: Alberon on September 10, 2019, 09:34:27 PM
Power Rangers doesn't count as a Sci Fi show. Its special effects are too cheap and crap!

Have you seen Creature from The Pit, Warriors of the Deep, Timelash or Trial of a Timelord ? We are in pot making racist remarks about the kettle here.