Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:36:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My Blind Brother (2016)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, October 23, 2016, 05:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This isn't really deserving of it's own thread as the film's a bit shit, and I doubt it'll get many replies, but as it came out recently I thought I'd start one to warn people off it. Not that it's particularly terrible, but given that Nick Kroll, Adam Scott and Jenny Slate are the three leads I was hoping for a bit more from it, yet it's so very very average. Scott plays the blind brother who's a bit of a dick, whilst Slate accidentally ends up dating him despite liking Kroll. And that's the plot, pretty much. It's sold as a romantic comedy drama but the laughs are few and far between, and it's more of an indie drama that doesn't quite work more than anything else. 5/10, could be worse, but there's no reason for it to exist either.

I think Adam Scott deserves to be called out for his Paul Rudd tribute act.... on film. But on TV he's endearing and lovable. Maybe he's just not a movie star.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on October 23, 2016, 09:40:31 PM
I think Adam Scott deserves to be called out for his Paul Rudd tribute act.... on film. But on TV he's endearing and lovable. Maybe he's just not a movie star.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I struggled with Krampus and a couple of other things he's in but am always fond of him on the small screen.

To the untrained eye this looks like a thread about.