Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:50:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam music again (again)

Started by Solid Jim, October 29, 2016, 12:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solid Jim

There have already been a bunch of threads trying to identify songs in Blue Jam, mostly in Comedy Chat I think. So, why not yet another one in this section?

I can contribute this much: the "sun to rule the day, moon to rule the night" bit in series 3 episode 4 is from Surge by Funki Porcini. I don't think that's been listed anywhere before, perhaps because it's such a short clip.

What's bugging me lately is, what's the music that fades in at the end of the approximate phone numbers sketch in series 2 episode 5, just before the R.E.M. track? I'm pessimistic that any more music in the series will be positively identified, but then that's what I thought about the dance chart bit until it was identified in this thread. So you never know...

Quote from: Solid Jim on October 29, 2016, 12:35:08 AM

What's bugging me lately is, what's the music that fades in at the end of the approximate phone numbers sketch in series 2 episode 5, just before the R.E.M. track?

That's a time-stretched and echo-drenched sample from '(They Long To Be) Close To You' by The Carpenters.

https://youtu.be/iFx-5PGLgb4?t=1m36s