Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Got these games at CEX this fine Sunday morning.

Started by Bazooka, October 30, 2016, 03:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

So me and the Mrs had to hit the town this morning to get new curtain rails, she was buying some clothes in the shops where the only benefit as a man is looking at femina, so I went mad in CEX and bought a ton of really cheap, old and some awful PS3 games. We are talking games at £1.50, £2 etc.

Darkness 2
Of Orcs & Men
Lair
Dynasty Warriors 7
Enslaved
MotorStorm Apocalypse
Hitman Absolution
Wolfenstein The New Order
Red Alert 3

The joke is, I will never have time to play them ever, ha.

brat-sampson

Wolfenstein, Darkness 2 and Enslaved are probably the best of those. Red Alert 3 was also decent fun I think, but only played it on PC.

Shay Chaise

Motorstorm is more fun than you might expect. Quite good.

Bazooka

Yeah I got to play a couple of them, I know most are average at best but when you can buy 12 or so games at a couple of quid just to pad out an already large collection you can't go wrong. Lair is awful, it actually relies on using the ps3 controllers motion controls!

MotorStorm is fun, not the same level of caliber as Mario Kart,GT,Forza etc but a lot of fun which most games lack on current consoles.

Kelvin

The Darkness 2 was fun, as I remember. Not a great game or anything, but some imaginative attacks and a nice aesthetic.

Hitman Absolution is a mixed bag; nothing like the other Hitman games, but still quite good fun in it's own way, and at least a few levels hark back to the open playgrounds of the best games in the series. Worth playing for those, I'd argue. 

I've never played it but I bet Lair isn't as bad as people say...the developer has some serious pedigree to them.

Wolfenstein is by far the best game there...the rest are just bonuses.

Motorstorm Apocalypse is a good larf...shit blowing up everywhere...not a massive fan of the handling on Motorstorm though.

Bazooka

Quote from: captaincockring on October 31, 2016, 11:05:01 AM
I've never played it but I bet Lair isn't as bad as people say...the developer has some serious pedigree to them.

Wolfenstein is by far the best game there...the rest are just bonuses.

Motorstorm Apocalypse is a good larf...shit blowing up everywhere...not a massive fan of the handling on Motorstorm though.

To be fair I played it for ten minutes,but the controls were no worse than flying that bird in Skyward Sword with the wiimote.

There was supposedly a patch that sorted the controls out quite a bit about six months after everyone wrote it off.

Can't believe Factor 5 would make shit tbh.