Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Titanfall 2 - Best Shooter of 2016?

Started by Barry Admin, October 30, 2016, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

I still haven't touched the campagin, I haven't done much other than play amped hardpoint. Wasn't too sure about the 'amped' aspect at first but it really works well. And they're recording your stats too, they'll implement a stats page soon, and theres new maps coming too, including one fom the original.  Respawn and even EA are committed to supporting this game so it deserves some love because it really is so fucking good, just every aspect, from the gameplay to the attitude towrads paid dlc and microtransactions. Seriously, buy this game, I bet it'll be on sale for Black Friday. Buy it and support it so more companies see that people want games that dont have 5 different preorder options, dlc map packs that split the userbase and rng microtransactions.

Barry Admin

Yeah, Angel City is the old map they're bringing over, a corker. I really want to revisit some of the ones I can still just about remember - the TF1 maps were incredibly well put together.

I love the factions in this; took me a while to work out it changes the ship you fly in on, and even the in-game announcer. Great touch. I see they've already some some rebalancing for Tone and Legion. But what I really want to see is an ability to change the ADS sensitivity, as it's so low now as to generally render it useless.

TheFalconMalteser

When it clicks, it's great. I'm crap at these games, but just started to realise I can use some of the mechanics.

1. Keeping an eye on the map at all times, inc your allies, gives a sense of when you're safe, and when you need to prepare to shoot
2. Using a burst of speed and sliding round a corner to melee or shoot someone
3. When the two teams get focused around a choke point, great little fights

I don't really get the Titan aspect, I suppose you get crowd control, learning though.  Will play through the single player for a bit this evening.

Lee Van Cleef

Okay. I finally started this a week ago, and 10 hours of game time later I've finished the Gauntlet. That was fun. Suppose I'd better play the campaign now.

Pdine

Blue Jam

Started the campaign a couple of days ago on Hard difficulty, just got my titan batteries and got BT powered up. I'm absolutely loving it so far, though I'm still crap at wall-running and I'm getting deaded by accidentally jumping off cliffs more often than by being shot.

What do you peeps make of the auto-sprint feature? I'm not using it as I came to this after Gears of War 4 and so I'm used to pressing a button when I want to sprint, and not doing so when I just want to creep around. I guess it depends on your playing style to some extent but I like to be a bit more in control here.

Pit-Pat

The campaign is seriously good, but on the multiplayer front I'm afraid to say I just don't find it that compelling in the medium to long term. With Overwatch and Battlefield I care enormously if I win, but with Titanfall it all feels a little too random and the team in the lead after 30 seconds almost invariably wins.

biggytitbo

I want to play Titanfall 2 and I expect to be able to sometime before 2020[nb]The year[/nb]

Blue Jam

Oh those Ticks are fuckers.

Currently getting slaughtered in the big battle with
Spoiler alert
camp toxic sludge factory owner Kane
[close]
, could have done with more practice piloting BT before being thrown headlong into that. Still hopelessly addicted though.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shay Chaise on November 05, 2016, 12:39:04 PM
Just came to say that the campaign suddenly got interesting with something I've never seen before, in such a mechanical way

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 05, 2016, 08:04:44 PM
I know exactly the bit you mean (your first upgrade that replaces cloak)

I got to "the thing that replaces cloak" tonight and ended up playing for about two hours longer than I had originally intended. Wallrunning while utilising that thing is particularly enjoyable.

I'm still enjoying playing as a pilot running around much more than playing as a pilot embarked with a titan. I'm finding that picking up a new titan loadout and then getting to use it for the first time against an end-of-level boss is still a bit frustrating. I'd rather spend a bit of time working out what all the component parts do, the range of the weapons etc before going straight into a big battle. For this reason I'm still just choosing the Tone loadout every time- it seems to have a decent range, a decent rate of fire and the most practical shield of the four loadouts I've unlocked so far. I also found it to be the only one that let me inflict a decent amount of damage on
Spoiler alert
Ash
[close]
. While I've had a lot of fun trying out the various weapons available to pilots, I just don't feel I'm making the most of the titans yet.

biggytitbo

Playing the campaign of this now, good fun. The timetravel levels are pretty much exactly the same as the underrated Singularity from 2010 though.

BeardFaceMan

Been getting back into this lately, still a surprising number of people playing it too, I never have to wait more than 30 seconds before getting into a game. Its just so fucking smooth, stimming and wallrunning around the map is still an absolute blast. I'm going through all the weapons trying to unlock all the banners (that I'll never use), having great fun shotgunning fools in the face. Turns my stomach to think EA got their hands on this franchise.