Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:58:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Worst recurring feature

Started by Action Fish, November 01, 2016, 01:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Action Fish on November 01, 2016, 01:40:42 PM
A regular item on a TV or radio show which doesn't work, you don't see the point of or which just makes you plain angry.

I'm irked whenever I catch 'The National Anthem' on Steve Lamacq's 6 Music show. Lamacq is a perfectly pleasant, crisp-fuelled man, although so boring that famously he drove Richey Edwards to carve '4 REAL' into his arm just in order to stay awake during an interview. For this feature he picks a tabloid story and invites listeners to suggest songs related to it, and then he reads out the bleeding lot. So say a lion had escaped from London Zoo; you might get:

Spaceman, by Babylon Zoo
The Lion Sleeps Tonight, by Tight Fit
Streets of London by the Parkinsons

...and so on, and so on, throughout the show. No puns, just songs with any link to the story, each read out with a wry chuckle. I don't see the entertainment value.

What are yours? Alternatively, just list songs related to a lion escaping from London Zoo.

It's not as bad a feature as:

"What's your good day song, Bill?"
"Finetime by Cast."
"And what's your bad day song?"
"It's Ash. Goldfinger."
"And have you had a good day or a bad day, Bill?"
"A good day, Steve"
"Ok, here's Finetime by Cast."

holyzombiejesus

I hope I never have to see that news clip about the Oasis/ Blur battle for number one ever again. The historical bits in The Great British Bake Off can do one too.

the midnight watch baboon

Bim Adewumni's 'Crush' in the Graun Saturday mag sometimes has decent subject matter and writing (Toni Morrison) but often has a completely vacuous, nothingy write up about someone cool like Bruno Mars (I like olives, who knew; Mars is like an olive; there's nothing here to further my olive parable; he sings about being like a dragon, yay) and so it's not the worst it just can be awfully disappointing at times. Like an olive.

Norton Canes

Quote from: icehaven on November 02, 2016, 09:30:33 PMAnd for TV, that blonde weatherwoman on BBC Breakfast. The affected way she says 'Scotlind' makes me want to push her over a cliff

Carol Kirkwood? The one that gets me is when she has to say 'close to the coast'.

"Clorrrse to the corrrst"

Close to the coast.

"Clorrrse to the corrrst"

Close to the coast.

"Clorrrse to the corrrst!"