Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:02:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

7 Days To Die

Started by Barry Admin, November 06, 2016, 05:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Fuck me, this is an absolutely epic game.

It's survival/crafting, in the mold of Minecraft. Zombies are around at all times, but go feral between 10pm and 6am, which means they can run instead of just walking. You can't advance time by sleeping, so you spend most nights holed up in your base, building it up, or crafting at the furnace, sorting out your loot from the day etc.

Every 7 days there's a blood moon, which causes a mass horde of feral zombies to descend upon you. It can be absolutely nerve-wracking, seeing if your defenses will hold or not.

As you can see, the focus is more on survival than anything else, and you use crafting to advance that objective, gradually being able to build more advanced objects as you salvage blueprints, and gather appropriate resources. Zombies get stronger over time, and you have a Fallout/Elder Scrolls style progression for your character, with many different skils to rank up.

Just wondering if anyone else plays this? I'm trying an Insane/25% loot run at the minute. Was going okay until a pack of dogs killed me over and over again. On day 5, building a tench round my base, filling it with log spikes, and getting ready for the first horde. So addictive, can't stop playing this, and really enjoy just dumping my worlds after a while, and starting afresh.

Tikwid

Bloody hell Barry you had me worried with that thread title for a second.

madhair60

I like the sound of that blood moon thing. Is the world randomly generated?

Barry Admin

There's a standard map you can use, then an option to generate a random map, yeah, or use seeds that other people post.

Cerys

SNG has been playing this, on and off, for months.  He says it's the only game that's ever actually made him feel scared.  Enjoy!