Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HEADS UP!! It's Pancake Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Except I've now learned that it's not)

Started by Purple Tentacle, February 17, 2004, 05:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Tentacle

I'm going to give up pancakes for Lent.

I fucking hate pancakes.

Don't forget the pancakes on Jif Lemon Day.

Is it still called "Jif Lemon" or is it Cif now?

Worst.....thread....ever.

edit: hehehe, no replies so far. Come on, let's see you debate fucking Pancake Day you bunch of debate-about-anythings.

Frinky

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"hehehe, no replies so far. Come on, let's see you debate fucking Pancake Day you bunch of debate-about-anythings.

Are you drunk?

Again?

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"blahblahblah yeez all bazzztards.... comeonthenfancyyerchances....
Are you drunk?
Again?

No, shamefully I'm at work, but I'm extremely hot and ill-tempered, and reading this post back it read like the ramblings of an idiot.

You know when you decide to start a thread and then realise halfway through that it's a waste of time, but decide to continue anyway, then try and disown it by pretending it's satire?

A bit like that.

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I'm going to give up pancakes for Lent..

To anyone worried, pancake day is in fact next Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday.

Gazeuse

Jet Set Willy

Thank god it isn't today. If you don't have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday you'll be a virgin forever according to Kev. He must be right because his dad is so strong he can pick up a car and he ate 75 pancakes one year. With drugs in.

TraceyQ

I like pancakes. With fresh cream and tinned cherriesinside and a drizzle of melted chocolate on top.

That is all I have to say on the matter

Doctor Stamen

Every Tuesday should be pancake day, they kick arse.  They've got it right over on the continent, with those little stalls that sell crepes on the street.  In this country we do the same thing only with hot dogs or those little ring doughnuts.  Not a bad thing, but give me a nice pancake any day.

Lt Plonker

I have pancakes whenever I want 'cos I live on my own now and can do what I want.

Coat the bastards in sugar and lemon. Lovely.

Funky Gibbon

I wonder how many people have tried to toss pancakes only to have them land painfully on their faces. I myself turn them with a spatula thing rather than try.
They are always best cooked in lard and eaten with lemon. Some people I know eat them with jam but they are freaks.

Des Nilsen

I like Pancakes too, with Lemon and lots of Sugar.

Be sure to open a window once they're done though, as the fat particles in the batter stick to clothing and fabrics, so your kitchen will smell quite nasty after week or so.

-

Funky Gibbon

The main thing about pancake day I remember is that every year, some poor sod on Blue Peter has to make them, and invariably they fuck it up royally.

Quote from: "TraceyQ"I like pancakes. With fresh cream and tinned cherriesinside and a drizzle of melted chocolate on top.

I love you.

MonkeyDrummer

Moving from Scotland to England I was intrigued when my lady-bitch at the time told me she had bought Scotch pancakes. Imagine my surprise when I found out that they were in fact pancakes.

Pinball

In Brittany I had meal pancakes, basically a large pancake with more fibre than a desert pancake (i.e. tougher & rougher), which you cook on a special pancake shaped Tefal-coated oojimaflip. Just add a couple of eggs then grated cheese and some ham - et voila! Booooootiful.

smoker

oh man i'm so hungry after reading this. i'm going to knock up some pancakes next tuesday, what's the recipe?

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"I have pancakes whenever I want 'cos I live on my own now and can do what I want.

That is all well and good but you are spoiling the joy of Shrove Tuesday aren't you? I mean it is just like any other day to you isn't it? I bet you would eat Cadburys Creme Eggs every day of the week if you could wouldn't you. No sense of occassion thats your problem mate.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Rats"Heads up, I've just had a shit

Yeah yeah, fuck off cunt.

Hmm, I appear to turn into a grumpy tosser at exactly quarter past 5 in the afternoon. Interesting.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "@ssmaster"
Quote from: "Lt Plonker"I have pancakes whenever I want 'cos I live on my own now and can do what I want.

That is all well and good but you are spoiling the joy of Shrove Tuesday aren't you? I mean it is just like any other day to you isn't it? I bet you would eat Cadburys Creme Eggs every day of the week if you could wouldn't you. No sense of occassion thats your problem mate.

I don't have pancakes every chance I get. I'd be sick. Just when I feel like it, that's all. Yummy.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "@ssmaster"

I bet you would eat Cadburys Creme Eggs every day of the week if you could wouldn't you.

I fucking well would.

El Unicornio, mang

My wife was utterly mystified when I told her about pancake day....

"You have a national day...specifically for eating pancakes?"
"Yes"
"And you say Americans are crazy...."

I felt like telling we also got the day off work to eat pancakes but I didn't

Ramses VIII

Tony Blair is gonna ban pancacke day.

Your implant will be able to detect pancake smoke coming through your pores after 5 seconds and 5 seconds AFTER THAT a load of coppers in crash helmets will be dropping through the ceiling like in `Minority Report` and youll be whisked off to Tony`s `Camp Lockdown` on the Isle of Thanet.

butnut

Quote from: "The Unicorn"My wife was utterly mystified when I told her about pancake day....

"You have a national day...specifically for eating pancakes?"
"Yes"
"And you say Americans are crazy...."

I felt like telling we also got the day off work to eat pancakes but I didn't

Yeah, but American pancakes are horrible for these reasons:

1) They eat them at breakfast
2) They're really really thick and nasty
3) They put things like maple syrup on them. As someone said above all you need is sugar and lemon.
4) You get about 30000 in a single serving.

No offence to any American cousins out there - I just happened to have one of the worst breakfasts of my life in Memphis.

Timmay

So long as number 2 isn't true, numbers 1, 3 and 4 sounds like advantages, not the other way around. Pancakes are fucking lush. Yes, that's right... LUSH. I could eat em forever, whenever. Especially with maple syrup. Although simple lemon and sugar is lovely too.

butnut

No, trust me. This particular breakfast was the worst ever (except some of the ones where I've been so hungover that I've thrown up striaght after breakfast).
Cold thick crusty sickly pancakes are not the thing to have for breakfast.

As an aside - I remember asking a flatmate to get some pancakes, and the idiot came back with those Findus Frozen Pancake pieces of shit. I was reallt disappointed.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "butnut"Yeah, but American pancakes are horrible for these reasons:

1) They eat them at breakfast
2) They're really really thick and nasty
3) They put things like maple syrup on them. As someone said above all you need is sugar and lemon.
4) You get about 30000 in a single serving.

No offence to any American cousins out there - I just happened to have one of the worst breakfasts of my life in Memphis.

You're right, they're really stodgy and crumbly and horrible. In fact, given that Americans make fun of our food all the time, I've been finding that a lot of American food tastes nasty in comparison to ours. (American bread, in particular, is horribly sweet, and their Frosties taste like No Frills cornflakes)