Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Non-Morris stuff that vaguely reminds you of Morris stuff

Started by Tikwid, November 18, 2016, 07:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikwid

See title.

Saw this collection of misheard names on Tumblr that for all the world could've been cut characters from Brass Eye:

Ambient Sheep

With apologies to the excellent reporter concerned, I still get the giggles every time "Riz Lateef" appears on my telly-box.

The ironic thing is, I think that one would have been too obvious for Morris to have invented...

EDIT: OMG: just googled to double-check the spelling of her name, and then childishly typed in Riz Lateef Rizla Teeth into Google as a follow-up, only for it to say:
Did you mean Riz Lateef Riz Lateef
It knows... it knows...!

Milverton

The return of the excellent Endeavour this evening investigating a series of murders in a public swimming pool.

The woman on the desk is annoyed at one point by an officer asking if there were usually a lot of deaths. "In 1959 nobody died, in 1960 nobody died, in 1961..."

Alberon

Ah, was just going to post that myself. Had to pause it and explain to Mrs Alberon why I had just cracked up.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Milverton on January 08, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
The return of the excellent Endeavour this evening investigating a series of murders in a public swimming pool.

The woman on the desk is annoyed at one point by an officer asking if there were usually a lot of deaths. "In 1959 nobody died, in 1960 nobody died, in 1961..."

Yes! That was a wonderful moment, even the delivery was a match to  Coogan's. Has to be a homage surely?[nb]Didn't notice if she was in possession of a word puzzle, bur Morse does crosswords so I'm counting that ;-)[/nb]

George Oscar Bluth II

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Josh Rogan-Lamb is an exquisite jewel of a funny name.

weekender

Weirdly enough, I was just watching a new episode of Endeavour on Youtube (I know but I'm feeling a bit cold and sick and am in bed and fancied something unchallenging and cosy), anyway, I was watching it and it's partly set in a swimming baths, so I immediately thought about that and then, well, a few scenes later, that very thing is clearly referenced. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q961dViRof4

Oh fuck this, I have really fucked the fucking links up. 

Fuck it, let's just Colin.

zomgmouse

I've been listening to Down the Line, and a lot of that has Morrisesque tinges.

McChesney Duntz

Was re-re-re-re-re(etc.)-watching the Drugs episode of Brass Eye last night and had a rather horrifying revelation: several of the promulgators of the fake-news websites that seemed to help get our current president elected (and related ones, such as the one taken apart in this interview by a man I normally despise but must give credit in this case - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxhpongsB0) have defended their actions by saying that their ruses were designed to fall apart with the slightest amount of actual fact-checking, that they exist to test the credulity of their marks in the media (social or otherwise) - which is pretty much exactly what CM intended with his hoax celebrity interviews and media pranks.  Which kind of sent me reeling a bit, particularly since I've been livid over the fake-newsers in the days leading up to the election and the endless days which followed.  I mean, can I continue to adore CM's punking of the lazily credulous and the easily-led while hating these contemporary semi-equivalents without being utterly hypocritical?  What would/does the man himself have to say about such things?  Does this merely prove his point in a major way and show that we, as a society, have learned nothing in the last two, post-BE decades (not that the majority of people - in the States, at least - are even aware of his work )?  Or, perhaps, should I just stop getting stoned before indulging in satire-watching?