Author Topic: Non-Morris stuff that vaguely reminds you of Morris stuff  (Read 3169 times)

Tikwid

• "Always got to wash them at their ends."
Non-Morris stuff that vaguely reminds you of Morris stuff
« on: November 18, 2016, 07:34:19 AM »
See title.

Saw this collection of misheard names on Tumblr that for all the world could've been cut characters from Brass Eye:

Ambient Sheep

• Not long now
Re: Non-Morris stuff that vaguely reminds you of Morris stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:24:23 PM »
With apologies to the excellent reporter concerned, I still get the giggles every time "Riz Lateef" appears on my telly-box.

The ironic thing is, I think that one would have been too obvious for Morris to have invented...

EDIT: OMG: just googled to double-check the spelling of her name, and then childishly typed in Riz Lateef Rizla Teeth into Google as a follow-up, only for it to say:
Did you mean Riz Lateef Riz Lateef
It knows... it knows...!

Milverton

• ★★★★★★
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:58:54 PM »
The return of the excellent Endeavour this evening investigating a series of murders in a public swimming pool.

The woman on the desk is annoyed at one point by an officer asking if there were usually a lot of deaths. "In 1959 nobody died, in 1960 nobody died, in 1961..."

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:14:47 PM »
Ah, was just going to post that myself. Had to pause it and explain to Mrs Alberon why I had just cracked up.

Spoon of Ploff

• visitors are welcome to Sheerness
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 12:16:03 PM »
The return of the excellent Endeavour this evening investigating a series of murders in a public swimming pool.

The woman on the desk is annoyed at one point by an officer asking if there were usually a lot of deaths. "In 1959 nobody died, in 1960 nobody died, in 1961..."

Yes! That was a wonderful moment, even the delivery was a match to  Coogan's. Has to be a homage surely?[nb]Didn't notice if she was in possession of a word puzzle, bur Morse does crosswords so I'm counting that ;-)[/nb]

Milverton

• ★★★★★★

George Oscar Bluth II

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »
There's absolutely no way that wasn't deliberate.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Baldness exposure gust
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »
Josh Rogan-Lamb is an exquisite jewel of a funny name.

weekender

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 09:15:12 PM »
Weirdly enough, I was just watching a new episode of Endeavour on Youtube (I know but I'm feeling a bit cold and sick and am in bed and fancied something unchallenging and cosy), anyway, I was watching it and it's partly set in a swimming baths, so I immediately thought about that and then, well, a few scenes later, that very thing is clearly referenced. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q961dViRof4

Oh fuck this, I have really fucked the fucking links up. 

Fuck it, let's just Colin.

zomgmouse

• I have party diarrhoea.
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 10:30:22 PM »
I've been listening to Down the Line, and a lot of that has Morrisesque tinges.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »
Was re-re-re-re-re(etc.)-watching the Drugs episode of Brass Eye last night and had a rather horrifying revelation: several of the promulgators of the fake-news websites that seemed to help get our current president elected (and related ones, such as the one taken apart in this interview by a man I normally despise but must give credit in this case - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxhpongsB0) have defended their actions by saying that their ruses were designed to fall apart with the slightest amount of actual fact-checking, that they exist to test the credulity of their marks in the media (social or otherwise) - which is pretty much exactly what CM intended with his hoax celebrity interviews and media pranks.  Which kind of sent me reeling a bit, particularly since I've been livid over the fake-newsers in the days leading up to the election and the endless days which followed.  I mean, can I continue to adore CM's punking of the lazily credulous and the easily-led while hating these contemporary semi-equivalents without being utterly hypocritical?  What would/does the man himself have to say about such things?  Does this merely prove his point in a major way and show that we, as a society, have learned nothing in the last two, post-BE decades (not that the majority of people - in the States, at least - are even aware of his work )?  Or, perhaps, should I just stop getting stoned before indulging in satire-watching?

hard rocx and mettals

• England is my city
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »
Xavier: Renegade Angel