Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Delightful youtube comments

Started by Phil_A, November 27, 2016, 09:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

You know, none of the hateful shit, just the ones that make you chuckle or brought a little sprinkling of happiness into your day.

I particularly like this one on Simon & Garfunkel's "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright".

electrojones 5 months ago
I just saw Art at Whole Foods trying to return a kiwi. Good to know he's keeping busy.

All I can think of is Garfunkel as Professor Farnsworth, angrily returning a single piece of fruit he bought with a coupon while a long line of people wait behind him as he complains. Delightful!

Ambient Sheep

I think I've mentioned this one before, but to hell with it...

There's a guy on Youtube who plays Cocteau Twins basslines (and generally very well too), which as anybody who has tried to do it themselves will tell you, is far from easy in many cases.  One of these days I must make time to learn some of them off his videos.

Anyway, at the bottom of his version of early pre-Raymonde track The Hollow Men, there's a comment that says

Quotenot bad but quite sloppy lol:)

Originally there was no clue who this was by, and the uploader was suitably "who the hell are you?" about it.  Then a short while later, presumably having gone to the cheeky chap's profile, he discovers...

...that the comment was written by none other than Will Heggie, the actual bassist concerned!  Cue mass apologies and "I'm not worthy"ness. :-D  To which Will gracefully replied:

QuoteI was only teasing mate

Sadly most of the conversation's gone now (the uploader deleted his half), and Will Heggie is now clearly identified as Will Heggie, so it kinda ruins the surprise, but when I first read it about four years ago (with oldest-first comments too), it was a wonderful little piece of muso banter...

As someone else said:

QuoteLol, here is someone playing the hallmark of the garlands basslines, the holy grail I always aspired to, but never could be arsed to learn cause I would have rather lived in awe of it, and someone puts up a video on how to play it, and the only other comment is by the man who made it all happen in the first place.  How wonderous.

EDIT: Wow, on the one for Wax and Wane it becomes apparent that he and Heggie are now Facebook friends!  How cute.

Bhazor

I'd much prefer if Heggie was just being a cunt. Looking up covers of his stuff and calling the player an asshole.

Reminds me of this from Bowie

Again, much better to imagine Bowie trawling Twitter mentions trying to start fights about how their covers of him are shit.

That bass bloke does a load of ace Mogwai stuff too.

Edit: And lots of mad I LOVE JESUS stuff.

momatt

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on December 08, 2016, 09:35:11 PM
about it.  Then a short while later, presumably having gone to the cheeky chap's profile, he discovers...
...that the comment was written by none other than Will Heggie, the actual bassist concerned!

I love this sort of thing!  Recently checking some French library music by Yves Hayat, he's right there in the comments!
"Thank you for posting one of my very first tune! - Yves J. Hayat"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOwU3wTPAY8

biggytitbo

PS, I have my lawyers on it, we're going to crush you.

Jobey

Pretty much anything under Boards of Canada uploads.

Bhazor

Someone is diligently transcribing all Limmy's Dee Dee sketches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0f-2P3luxU

fuckin... up aw nite... watchin eh telly... the usual. sun comes up so its time tae get eh heid doon. just ready tae crash oot when jeremy kyle comes oan. its lookin lit a good wan so a sets it tae tape... n oots a go lit a light. so it gets tae midnight n a wake up pure chokin fer a joint pure lookin forward tae ma jeremy kyle... goes tae stick it oan... fucks this? went n recordied the wrang channel! endied up recordin some weans program! burd wis lit that: were gonnae make spaceships ootae cerdboard boaxes n fly tae the moon! a wis lit that: aye right... but then a starts gettin tuned intae it, starts gettin ideas... n a wee voice in ma heid says: deedee... were daein this. were gawn tae the moon. were gawn tae the moon... thenight. so a pauses it n a batters oot n a raids the bin shelters fer cerdboard boaxes... managed tae get a belter ae a boax! kinda cerdboard boax ye could build a real spaceship fae! nevermind a pretend wan made oot a cerdboard boax... anywiy a gits back tae cape canavril n wur ready fer launch. but no afore av hid some rocket fuel. a banana skin triple tardis bucket upside doon oan ma couch. nae need fer a spaceship a wis awready oan pluto! but a gets in anywiy, as captain ae the starship deedee. fuckt oot ma nut. press play oan the remote n the burd wis lit at: three... two... wan... liftoff! a wis lit at: here! the burd wis lit at: look below it aw the people theyre tiny! n they wur! av loast eh plot man... then shes lit at: look oot! martians! pair ae us tryin tae shoot these daft wee martians... but a wisnae used tae man nor beast in ma state! then she goes: were nearly there we just need tae get thru the asteroid belt! a wis lit at: youre jokin! if a knew it wis gonnae be this much hassle tae get tae the moon a wouldae stiyed on pluto! but then she goes... weve made it! looks aroon... n there it wis. the moon. a gets oot, starts walkin aboot lit an astranaut.... played a bit a golf... took pure big jumps that went oan forever... burd wis lit at: lets go back home noo! a wis lit at: yous go oan ahead! n a switched eh hing aff n a went travellin eh galaxy masel takin in the sights... investigatin new civilisations... n new technologies... a even bumped intae this guy fae neptune! but a wisnae fightin we were organisin stuff... treaties n'at... n he tolt me the lassie on the telly hud it rang cos the martians are dafties n huvny even been in space yit! thought she wis makin at up... anywiy, a saw the sun rise again so a bid um farewell. a set the controls for earf... n a put masel intae suspendied animation... n when a woke up a wis back. home sweet home. back oan terra firma. til next time.

Lemming

Browsing the comments to a song, I discovered a beautiful love story:

PaulTMA

From a video for Sydney Youngblood's 'If Only I Could':

"Love the ball bouncing tempo to this Youngblood track, very fashionable and GQ...used to masturbate to this."

Small Man Big Horse

JesusAndYourBush

shiftwork2

Was hoping that was 6 hours ago.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 14, 2020, 04:57:01 PM
Was hoping that was 6 hours ago.

His ghost is mainly trying to let people know he didn't evacuate when he died.

Captain Crunch

From the Rocky Horror Picture Show opening titles:

spaghetamine

can't remember where i found this but it tickled me at the time

dissolute ocelot

On Me First and the Gimme Gimmes' cover of John Denver's Country Roads (a song it's basically impossible to cover badly), Jim Baird - Adventurer wrote:
QuoteOne of the two best Punk songs of all time, the other one being Titty Twiser by Diesel Boy
Aside from the fact that it's called Titty Twister, hard to disagree.

gib

Quote from: spaghetamine on January 20, 2021, 05:20:26 PM

can't remember where i found this but it tickled me at the time

cracking

C_Larence

This is my personal favourite comment, under a video of Leonard Cohen singing Suzanne at the Isle Of Wight Festival.

It holds a special place in my heart because after clicking through to her channel, I found this. Which has cemented itself as my favourite youtube video ever.

Chriddof

This thread isn't called "Depressingly Normal And Entirely Expected Youtube Comments".

Povidone

Quote from: C_Larence on January 23, 2021, 06:52:21 PMI found this. Which has cemented itself as my favourite youtube video ever.

Though her anti-hacker sentiments are welcome it seems much of her wisdom here is contradicted by her needlessly agressive stance on the Sueanne Audette question.

C_Larence

Quote from: Povidone on January 24, 2021, 09:01:30 AM
Though her anti-hacker sentiments are welcome it seems much of her wisdom here is contradicted by her needlessly agressive stance on the Sueanne Audette question.

Oh gust to your balls do you have any

Phil_A

Quote from: C_Larence on February 17, 2021, 08:59:29 PM

I think we may've stumbled on Sweep's youtube account name. I sincerely hope every other comment is linked to sausages in some way.