Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Which game would you live in?

Started by Barry Admin, November 27, 2016, 10:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

You can pick more than one, as I think my answers will be whatever I'm currently obsessed with.

So... Ark: Survival Evolved, currently. An odd, primal existence where you can tame dinosaurs and use them to get around, and gather more resources. Your days and nights just focused on gathering food, pimping out your base, and making new dino buds.

I always fantasise about the "post-apocalyptic survivor" setting, but this is even more fun, currently. Shooting zombies in the head would probably actually be quite harrowing, for the first few hundred.

Elite: Dangerous would be another obvious choice. When I'm in the thrall of it, I go to bed imagining I'm really living out the life of an intergalactic trader, finding a new planet each night to land on for a kip.

Glebe

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. Especially if I can actually be Raziel.

41 in a few weeks, he was.

Noodle Lizard

Pit-Pat

Little Big Adventure 2. Pleasant, sunny, liberal environment full of elephant and rat people and sexy, human-esque women.

"everything's calm, and we all have our place in the sun"

The music still gets me every time.

madhair60

Undertale. Hang out with skellingtons. Watch anime with Alphys. Just have Toriel read to me and make me pies, and give me hugs.

Be all fuck off Frisk. You had your chance. She's my mum now.

Twed

Used to talk with friends on cosy summer nights in the countryside about where in FFVII we'd most like to live. I usually settled on Cosmo Canyon.

Neomod

slicesofjim

Cerys

Skyrim, obvs.

Quote from: Twed on November 28, 2016, 11:57:40 AM
Used to talk with friends on cosy summer nights in the countryside about where in FFVII we'd most like to live. I usually settled on Cosmo Canyon.

Too many stairs for me.  I'd probably go for the Chocobo Ranch.  Nothing bad ever happens there.

Kelvin

Quote from: Cerys on November 28, 2016, 02:49:33 PM
Skyrim, obvs.

My first thought was Skyrim, too, but then I realised that it would mean awful living conditions, constant risk of death, arctic winds and war.

In fact, almost every game world poses too much risk for my liking. Even Tetris is set in Russia, where they hate the gays.   

Spoon of Ploff

Skyrim here also.

Probably settle down in Whiterun. Breezehome is a good spot - next to a Smithy's and handy for shops and the local market. Conversation can be a bit repetitive but I don't mind. Lydia can be a bit sarcastic for a housecarl but I can live with that. Nice views and a temperate (for Skyrim) climate. If it starts pouring Dragons I can just stay in doors and read a good book by the fire.

Cerys

The books aren't very long though, are they?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

GTA San Andreas for me. Great tunes on the radio, nice varied scenery within ten minutes drive of wherever you are and grievous injuries can be healed by just eating a pizza.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Cerys on November 28, 2016, 03:15:29 PM
The books aren't very long though, are they?

I'm a slow reader. And I have an extensive library. A-and not a great memory (a lot of head trauma) so by the time I get to the end of one shelf I've forgotten what the first book was about.

Custard

No one saying Manhunt, or Resident Evil 4, then?

I'd go for Skyrim, even after only the hour or so I've ever played of it.

Some kind of nice cabin or shack in Red Dead Redemption, away from everyone could work.

The street in Paperboy looked quite nice

Bhazor

Bible Black. A world where every woman has the body of Emily Ratajkowski *and* can grow a dick on command.

Cerys

Tomb Raider, perhaps.  I'd be Lara's friend and get to see all her secret magic artifacts.

Shay Chaise

Sleeping Dogs would be decent. Have some dumplings, kick some fellas' heads in. Bit of shopping. Cup of tea. Get a tattoo, kick some fellas' heads in. Basically my life in China.

Okami would be quite nice. Do a painting. Dig up a turnip. Listen to Japanese water features. Bark.

Dark Souls 2 would be lovely. A long, slow gradual decline into dementia. Do some falconry. Light a sconce. Have gender realignment surgery in a coffin. Hang out with some mates in Majula. Give the pyromancer girl just some undies.

Cannon Fodder would lift the spirits. Chill out with Jools, Jops and the gang in a skidoo. Play football at Christmas. Fire a rocket launcher at a hut and blow the door four hundred feet across the jungle.

Firewatch would be my ideal summer holiday. Flirting in the wilderness at sunset. Throw a boombox into a lake. Pocket a bra. Eat an oatmeal bar and torch a research outpost.

Witcher 3 would make a great stag do. Romp with whores and play Gwent. Get pissed. Bone a centaur and burn a godling to death.

Thursday

Skyrim, but with all the sex mods on and various cheats.

Thursday

Quote from: Cerys on November 28, 2016, 04:45:21 PM
Tomb Raider, perhaps.  I'd be Lara's friend and get to see all her secret magic artifacts.

Nah it would just end like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpFZd3fLz0

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Skyrim would be shit. Being constantly attacked by wild beasts and psychos in a frozen wasteland and having to salvage gear from haunted dungeons. Then set event dragon attacks - the last ice cold bollock ache of the lot.

No friends because everyone else is only capable of saying 4 sentences.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Cerys on November 28, 2016, 04:45:21 PM
I can only assume that "secret magic artifacts" is a euphemism for rude parts.

Cerys

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 28, 2016, 07:22:35 PM
Skyrim would be shit. Being constantly attacked by wild beasts and psychos in a frozen wasteland and having to salvage gear from haunted dungeons.

You'd just be living in the game.  You wouldn't have to do all the adventuring.

Thursday

Undertale so I can just hang around and be friends with all the characters.

*edit* oh missed madhair's post

Bhazor

Quote from: Cerys on November 28, 2016, 07:45:22 PM
You'd just be living in the game.  You wouldn't have to do all the adventuring.

That would be way worse. Do you have any idea how many assholes there are in that world? And by assholes I mean player characters.

Osmium

Japan in the Yakuza games has everything you need for a good life - bars, restaurants, arcades, batting cages, karaoke, massage parlours, gambling dens and underground fighting coliseums. All of that is punctuated by wandering the streets kicking fuck out of cunts. If you get bored of all of that, you can piss away all your money on a hostess in the hope that she will give you a shag.

mobias

Definitely Witcher 3. First game I've ever played where I wanted to crawl into the TV screen. Particularly the Blood and Wine DLC. Toussaint looks like the most amazing holiday destination.

Oddly, at the moment I'm throughly enjoying my time in the  world of Farming Simulator 17.

Dr Rock