Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is that your real hand

Started by Dr Syntax Head, November 28, 2016, 06:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

Help me find a rather brilliant Morris moment where he sent some guy into a shop to buy something and he had to ask whether it his real hand that was giving the change. That was the funniest thing i've ever heard

weekender

"Some guy" will probably be Paul Garner, if that helps you Google it more effectively :)

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on November 28, 2016, 06:19:08 PM
Help me find a rather brilliant Morris moment where he sent some guy into a shop to buy something and he had to ask whether it his real hand that was giving the change. That was the funniest thing i've ever heard

It's in the call at the end of this. 

(Should start at the right place).

https://youtu.be/KV8awOBofws?t=10m39s

Shaky

Not being contrary, but the "Ask him if that's his real face he's looking at you with," line is funnier!

Dr Syntax Head

My love for you lot knows no bounds. Thank you

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Shaky on November 30, 2016, 05:12:32 AM
Not being contrary, but the "Ask him if that's his real face he's looking at you with," line is funnier!

I'm dying right now. This is perfection

Yes this is a beaut, though for me it has to be "Have you ever been to Hell?"

Shaky

Pure, unfiltered aural joy. It's a national tragedy that we get so little Morris these days. 2016 really could have used him.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Shaky on November 30, 2016, 11:42:32 PM
Pure, unfiltered aural joy. It's a national tragedy that we get so little Morris these days. 2016 really could have used him.

You put it better than I could

Shaky

The rest of the "shop antics" vids are well worth going through, for anyone who hasn't done so. Morris ordering Garner to shuffle around a plush hotel on his knees going, "Jube, Jube, Juba, Juba, Jube" is glorious.

"Tell him you don't like his forehead and his eyes smell."

Sgt. Duckie

I can't remember the exact line...Garner telling a hotel receptionist "your plastic surgeon should be ashamed of themselves"?

Any time he is forced to prolong his laugh in a maniacal way always has me in fits.

Here Comes Mongo

Quote from: Shaky on December 02, 2016, 03:42:12 AM
The rest of the "shop antics" vids are well worth going through, for anyone who hasn't done so. Morris ordering Garner to shuffle around a plush hotel on his knees going, "Jube, Jube, Juba, Juba, Jube" is glorious.

"Tell him you don't like his forehead and his eyes smell."

Yes, I was about to quote that! I also love the bit where he tells Garner to roll around the floor of a hotel lobby like a commando, going 'AAAAAAAAAAAH!' "Has anyone noticed you yet?" "Yes, someone's just had to step over me."

Shaky

Heh, yeah that's fantastic as well. For all the "lol darkkkkkk" kudos Morris gets a lot of the time because of Jam etc, his funniest stuff is often this unalloyed silliness with no satirical agenda.

Was thinking it would be ace to have him on the radio again but he's in his mid-50's now and pursuing a more director-y path so might be a step backwards, I suppose.

Here Comes Mongo

I liked Blue Jam/Jam, but I've always preferred the absurd stuff to his dark humour. Even in the Brass Eye special it was stuff like the kids in the filing cabinet which cracked me up the most. I'd like it if he returned to some pure silliness but after directing something as weighty as Four Lions I'm not sure I can see that happening.

Shaky

The brilliance of Blue Jam is that it had a little bit of everything, really, and had the time to pack in a lot more than it's TV counterpart.  Totally agree about the BE Special as well - the paedophile disguised as a school is far funnier than many of the show's more "edgy" jabs.

Interesting that Morris has been sitting on a "new" radio/audio project for several years now, apparently endlessly fine-tuning it. A far cry from the more spontaneous Music Show days.

Here Comes Mongo

I'm a big fan of Blue Jam but I don't find it ball bouncingly funny like some of his other stuff (not that I think it's supposed to be). I was in something of a weird state of mind when I first heard it and there was quite a bit of it, especially the monologues, which seemed to chime with that. That series introduced me to quite a bit of good music too.

Just to mention one of the more subtle gags in the Brass Eye Special which always tickles me, and that's the way Jez North's picture becomes increasingly boggle eyed with each time it's shown.

Dr Syntax Head

After the news story about real commuters in TDT and it ends with a stock footage shot of perfectly dressed commuters returning to work as normal. So obvious but in the right hands so funny