Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Zero 7. Lovely or the ASDA Air?

Started by Dr Syntax Head, November 30, 2016, 09:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

Head Gardener

Porter Dimi

Zero 7's Late Night Tales compilation is a lot better. Also, Zero 7 didn't do anything as bad as Love 2.

imitationleather

Since no one else is doing it I'm going to have to be the one to stick my hand up and say I am firmly in the Air camp. Their later albums are admittedly pretty interchangeable (although they all have at least two good tracks - which I guess isn't exactly that glowing an endorsement), but following Moon Safari with 10,000 Hz Legend, pretty much exactly what the casual fanbase they'd built up did not want to hear and probably hugely stunting their careers in the process, when they could have just stuck out more of the same, gets them a lot of respect from me.

Brundle-Fly

Anyone with even a passing interest in zero 7 must check out the 1972 album London Suite by The Peddlers which clearly was their biggest influence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IceU4iLS49c

Their break through single was even a cover from this album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkfPAX_Ii-A

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: imitationleather on November 30, 2016, 02:11:08 PM
Since no one else is doing it I'm going to have to be the one to stick my hand up and say I am firmly in the Air camp. Their later albums are admittedly pretty interchangeable (although they all have at least two good tracks - which I guess isn't exactly that glowing an endorsement), but following Moon Safari with 10,000 Hz Legend, pretty much exactly what the casual fanbase they'd built up did not want to hear and probably hugely stunting their careers in the process, when they could have just stuck out more of the same, gets them a lot of respect from me.

Agreed. I am a massive fan of Air by the way