Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The work of Ian Boldsworth

Started by BritishHobo, December 02, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 10, 2018, 02:53:17 PM
Not sure he's uncomfortable about the P&G ones, but he obviously still gets irked about the Raji bullying claims from TRPP.

I know he's addressed it post-TRPP but if you've only listened to those podcasts then I see how you might consider it bullying. Within the continuity of the show that's kind of what it is. That's why I prefer P&G!

DrGreggles

I always thought that it was blatantly obvious that Raji was in on it but, if you weren't aware of or didn't think that, I can probably understand how it came across.

spamwangler

sorry, super late to the party, but parapod is absolutley breaking me down into my component pieces

Barry is taking over the Patreon account for a couple of days this weekend. I mean if that doesn't convince people to donate nothing will.

DrGreggles

Hey, first (and possibly only) time poster, just popping in to tell people I'm uploading the Peacock and Gamble shows I was able to get off of the internet archive to this google drive folder. There's 46 of them (Not consecutive unfortunately). I'll keep them up as long as possible, but no promises so get them while they're hot!
The folder should be editable, so if you have any of the missing episodes feel free to upload them. These podcasts helped me through some real emotional times, so I would very much like to get the full set.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lbKzr822JxfXYIMDoW2FOBcLtDll1vYS?usp=sharing

cakeinmilk

I randomly had episodes 13, 26 and 83 downloaded so I've added those to your drive. Cheers for this.

edit:
I've got a bunch of unedited Fubar (I think) Peacock & Gamble 2014 shows (as well as Peacock & Barnes, and Some Nonsense) - are they still available? If not, and if richard_mcd_green is okay with it, I'll upload those too.

DrGreggles

Ian's uploaded some Parapod movie footage to his Patreon.

Thosworth

Couple more links here:

https://archive.org/details/RayPeacockPodcast

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A7Ng2WrSW7tbXIoYtD1CQh63x3chHITR

Annoyingly neither seem to include the Edinburgh podcasts. I was halfway through them (yes I know, only six years late) when everything came down. If anyone can find those, that'd be wonderful.

BritishHobo

I'll check what I have on my laptop, as I'm sure I've got the whole iTunes feed downloaded.

Quote from: cakeinmilk on April 23, 2018, 09:11:05 AM
I randomly had episodes 13, 26 and 83 downloaded so I've added those to your drive. Cheers for this.

edit:
I've got a bunch of unedited Fubar (I think) Peacock & Gamble 2014 shows (as well as Peacock & Barnes, and Some Nonsense) - are they still available? If not, and if richard_mcd_green is okay with it, I'll upload those too.
Feel free to upload whatever, should be space for a fair bit. And thanks!

Mini

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 23, 2018, 11:08:50 AM
Ian's uploaded some Parapod movie footage to his Patreon.

His Patreon has been gold for ParaPod movie stuff over the last few days. I'm also re-listening to the podcasts - the first series, where Barry believes so strongly in it all, is incredible. I laughed so much when Barry's complaining about Derek Acorah manipulating people and Ian says, "but your job is to make people laugh, how do you do that?" And Barry goes, "bloody wish I knew."

bloom

Quote from: richard_mcd_green on April 21, 2018, 03:48:39 PM
Hey, first (and possibly only) time poster, just popping in to tell people I'm uploading the Peacock and Gamble shows I was able to get off of the internet archive to this google drive folder. There's 46 of them (Not consecutive unfortunately). I'll keep them up as long as possible, but no promises so get them while they're hot!
The folder should be editable, so if you have any of the missing episodes feel free to upload them. These podcasts helped me through some real emotional times, so I would very much like to get the full set.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lbKzr822JxfXYIMDoW2FOBcLtDll1vYS?usp=sharing

Quote from: Thosworth on April 23, 2018, 04:32:33 PM
Couple more links here:

https://archive.org/details/RayPeacockPodcast

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A7Ng2WrSW7tbXIoYtD1CQh63x3chHITR

Annoyingly neither seem to include the Edinburgh podcasts. I was halfway through them (yes I know, only six years late) when everything came down. If anyone can find those, that'd be wonderful.

Incredible, thanks for the links!

As for the Edinburgh podcasts - doesn't seem that many of them are available by this method but the wayback machine allows access to a few episode which might help with some that you're missing? https://web.archive.org/web/20130319043339/http://www.chortle.co.uk:80/raypeacock/

Replies From View

I have everything downloaded including the Edinburgh ones; unfortunately my internet isn't unlimited so I can't easily stick them all online for the time being.

DrGreggles

Ian's been doing an 'Ask Ian' on his Patreon.

One of the first things he was asked about was what happened with Ed and he said that there was no ill will there whatsoever, they're just both completely different people to the ones who worked together.

Obviously I still think it's a shame they don't work together any more, as the partnership seemed to bring out the silliness in both of them, but I can kind of understand what he means. There are people in my past who I would see/talk to every single day for years but, usually for no specific reason, you just grow apart. I still have their phone number and they still have mine, but there's never a need to get in touch any more.

A while back on Fubar he had a boyband member as a guest and as part of the conversation the boyband member said when they split he didn't really see the others for a while and Ian said he understood because once you work that closely with someone and it ends you can't start just hanging out as friends because too much has happened. I always took that as a comment on what happened with Ed. I think there are more negative things there, he's talked around them a few times lately. But when he says things like they won't talk again and they're not friends anymore it does feel like he's drawn a line under it.

DrGreggles

He's mentioned before that he's drawn a line under pretty much everything from that time, including cutting ties with everyone that he knew.
He was obviously in a bad way in 2013/4 (in terms of his mental health) and maybe the culling of everyone and everything from his life is what was needed. He certainly seems in a better place now anyway.

Sin Agog

Ian's last bout of horrific depression started the SECOND he found out that Ed had gotten the Almost Royal gig.  On top of that, Ed's clearly a 'let's not talk about that right now' kind of person, which must have made being around a rawer, more introspective, but still impish Ian Boldsworth quite hard for him.  So jealousy, coupled with middle classousy, and they're just not all that compatible anymore.

I thought that depression was through a long term relationship breaking up? Because he had to move into a shitty little flat and it provoked the firelighter suicide attempt.

DrGreggles

That's what I thought too. I don't think it was work related anyway.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: Thosworth on May 01, 2018, 10:44:47 AM
Those are all broken.

Oh.

I thought I had them all downloaded; this is actually because as recently as March I was able to stream them all from iTunes.  It turns out that now I can no longer do this, although the podcast is still showing with all its episodes in my podcast app; they just no longer play.

I assume this is what people have been talking about all this time.  I thought they were talking about them being removed a lot longer ago than March, which is why I was sure I had downloaded them all.

Bit annoying then.

TheDHolford

Thought to myself this morning that I hadn't listened to Peacock and Gamble for a while (maybe like a year) so was going to restart them, and now find out they've been taken down from the Itunes Podcast store? Where can I get my Peacock and Gamble fix from now?

Started to listen to Ian Boldsworth Fubar podcast instead, listened to the first episode and it does seem genuinely good so far, more serious maybe but with occasional hits of the old Peacock appearing through out the first episode. Sure this will be something I listen to from the start to end.

DrGreggles

Got my Parapod Live tickets!
Fellow Patreons can do the same now.

And Barry's announced on Twitter that it's sold out. So completely gone in three hours.

jimboslice

Some kind soul has shoved the Peacock and Gamble podcasts here.

BritishHobo

As it's my partner's birthday I really shouldn't go but I was tempted, so I feel slightly relieved about it selling out, as it's made the decision for me.

ParaPod Movie premiere though, no fuckin hesitation.

Mini

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 03, 2018, 06:15:42 PM
ParaPod Movie premiere though, no fuckin hesitation.

There's very little I wouldn't do for a ticket to that.