Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The work of Ian Boldsworth

Started by BritishHobo, December 02, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

The poster on today's Patreon! :-D

A quick scene from the movie has gone up on the Patreon today. Barry's made a new friend.

Dusty Substance

Has anyone continued listening to Ian's FUBAR show? I was once an avid listener and never missed an episode but, for whatever reason (life gets in the way) I haven't listened to it since February - I think Rob Schneider was a guest on the last episode I listened to.

Have I missed any classic Boldsworth moments? Like a Barry phone call or an Ian outburst, slagging off the comedy industry.

Sin Agog

They're pretty much my only Boldsworth exposure as I'm honestly too poor even for his generous Patreon offer. I've actually started using him as an inspiration lately, in the way he always says the thing that shall remain unspoken in his interviews, no matter how much awkward realness ensues.  Before I used to keep myself up at night with the things I should have said, but it feels so much more satisfying pulling an Ian and just blurting it out.  Sure, people will no doubt start to associate me with hard work, but it's so much more rewarding.

Nothing huge, but every episode has him being honest as fuck about how he uses Fubar as just a tool, and how conflicted he is on the comedy industry etc.  Plus, like I alluded earlier, it's always worth watching him grapple with the sometimes bizarre list of people he's forced to interview.  I guess the one notable bit is the woman from Brittas Empire calling in every episode to complain about him not watching her play.  Also, I dunno if it's just the Podcast app not picking up every show, but it feels like they come out pretty sporadically- maybe once every month or so at the moment.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dusty Substance on June 10, 2018, 05:07:42 PM

Has anyone continued listening to Ian's FUBAR show? I was once an avid listener and never missed an episode but, for whatever reason (life gets in the way) I haven't listened to it since February - I think Rob Schneider was a guest on the last episode I listened to.

Have I missed any classic Boldsworth moments? Like a Barry phone call or an Ian outburst, slagging off the comedy industry.

They're still as good as ever and I continue to look forward to the podcast each week.
All the shows are still available, so a catch-up binge is highly recommended.

Moonshine

I used to listen to the podcast weekly, whilst walking to and from work, then my situation changed and I started working from home and the podcast just fell out of my regular routine. Summer came, had plenty of jobs to do outside, donwnloaded all of the unlistened to podcasts to help me work, they were still great. As others have said Ian being honest and hilarious for an hour and a half a week, is such a joy

BritishHobo

I sometimes slip a couple of weeks behind, but I'm still listening. I could never tire of it - he's just so genuine, no matter what. He makes any guest interesting, and he keeps that balance of real thoughtfulness and total mischief perfect. As mentioned above, Harriet Thorpe ringing in every week is a riot. She absolutely refuses to engage with anything Ian gives, which makes for a weird and fresh dynamic. Each week for two minutes she just steamrolls through and then leaves. It feels a bit like the Jim Won't Give Ian His VR podcasts but flipped, and very short.

To be honest the last few months feel a bit like I'm living and breathing Ian, but I ain't complaining. As my commute is just a ten minute walk now, I'm usually listening to the FUBAR show in short bursts every single weekday, then there's daily posts from him on Patreon, often with podcasts, and then if I want background noise or something to fall asleep to, Peacock and Gamble remains my ultimate go-to.

It's quite odd to think that just three years ago the idea of listening to something that was missing one member of the double act seemed daft to me - it needed to be Peacock AND Gamble. Now I can barely recall a time where Ian's solo work wasn't this present in my life.

PlasticTom

Could someone with a couple of minutes to spare, guide me a little bit with Ian's stuff?

I've listened to 84 episodes of the P&G podcast, but not the previous one with Raji, which I can't seem to find. I listened to a lot of the Edinburgh podcast but those episodes don't seem to be working now

I've also listened to the first series of the Parapod, which is maybe even better. I'll obviously listen to all the rest of the Parapod stuff.

Where next? Is there stuff on iTunes I should catch up on before doing the Patreon thing?

Thanks in advance

DrGreggles

His Fubar show is consistently good, and his Patreon is full of gold.

Replies From View

Are all the Chortle Peacock and Gamble podcasts available anywhere yet?

Replies From View

It looks like they were recently uploaded here for a short time:  https://www.reddit.com/r/notapanelshow/comments/8bxnuw/request_peacock_and_gamble_podcast_episodes_2084/

Did anyone manage to download them before the links died?

Edit:  there is a link on this page:  https://www.reddit.com/r/notapanelshow/comments/8c3aqu/the_peacock_and_gamble_podcast_complete/ but it seems to lack the Edinburgh podcasts unless I've miscounted.

spamwangler

I have them pm me ill try upload them somewhere tomorrow

Replies From View

Quote from: spamwangler on July 06, 2018, 10:26:29 PM
I have them pm me ill try upload them somewhere tomorrow

Thanks spamwangler!

joness94000

Hi all,

New to this feed but long-time fan of all Ian Boldsworth. I'm currently looking to find and listen to material that I missed in the past. Managed to get hold of most (thanks to you guys) apart from a few FUBAR Radio shows.

Are the FUBAR shows Ian did with other presenters available (presumable whilst Ed was away filming in the US)? He did one with Charlie Baker (referenced as the time producer Nat was racist) and a few others I think.

Cheers!

Any fans of the Parapod who aren't on Ian's Patreon may want to sign up next week.

Schrodingers Cat

Does the tier you are in make any difference to what you have access to?

And if so, are you aware of the stuff you miss out on?

Nope, you can do £1 a month and access everything.

BritishHobo

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on July 19, 2018, 11:21:59 AM
Any fans of the Parapod who aren't on Ian's Patreon may want to sign up next week.

Is this something announced in one of the podcasts? I've fallen so behind on them.

It's been discussed in podcasts and posts, but this was confirmed in the Cabin Fever podcast that went up last night. Also, if you haven't heard it yet check out the podcast from the other day that was a phone chat with Barry. It has an incredible real life story and a conversation that had me fucking howling.

They've announced it on Twitter so I feel ok saying what it is now. A Parapod special was recorded yesterday. Ian's hoping to have it edited and released on Patreon by next week and then a general release about a week later. But there's going to be various deleted stuff and behind the scenes only on Patreon.

Ham Bap

How much is the Patreon?

I've never paid anyone on Patreon but I really like The Parapod, been enjoying it in work all week, and been meaning to sign up for theirs.

You can choose a payment level but minimum is £1 a month, billed on the first of every month, and that gets you full access.

Ham Bap

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on July 25, 2018, 06:24:17 PM
You can choose a payment level but minimum is £1 a month, billed on the first of every month, and that gets you full access.

Ok cheers.

DrGreggles

Parapod Special drops tomorrow for Patreons!

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 31, 2018, 07:01:30 PM
Parapod Special drops tomorrow for Patreons!

Make that 1 minute past midnight tonight!

DrGreggles

#GladysPipAndTheKnights #CubbyHole

BritishHobo

Awww yes. I really need to start paying more attention to the posts (although I've been deliberately saving the editing posts until after). Really behind on the FUBAR shows. Already counting down the minutes til this though.

PlasticTom

Quote from: Ham Bap on July 25, 2018, 05:54:16 PM
How much is the Patreon?

I've never paid anyone on Patreon but I really like The Parapod, been enjoying it in work all week, and been meaning to sign up for theirs.

Having recently gorged myself on the Peacock And Gamble FUBAR shows, the Parapod and the Mental Podcast, I now give him a fiver a month on Patreon and it's so worth it. I can't pretend to be too interested in his stories, but the podcasts with Jo are great and the huge amount of extra Barry content is worth five pounds of anyone's money

I still can't get over how good the Parapod is, even though by series 3 it's basically just Monkey News. Barry is such a completely charming person that it's just a joy to listen to him cracking Ian up.

I thought the Peacock And Gamble FUBAR shows were great too. Rather than the ruthlessly edited half-hours I'd previously heard from them, it was great to hear 3 hours of them unedited. It also falls right in the time where he is genuinely suicidal (the firelighters thing) and it's a fascinating listen for that. They were also quite shocking at times - playing Gary Glitter songs to give him royalties to piss off FUBAR, was a bit of a jaw-dropper.

Barry's take on the Jeremy Hunt gaffe in this week's Fubar floored me with laughter. Especially as Ian was laughing but I don't think Nat noticed what he'd said.