Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The work of Ian Boldsworth

Started by BritishHobo, December 02, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

It was fucking brilliant.
Barry did the most 'Barry' thing possible.

Hope it gets released.

Ringside

Just signed up to the Patreon. Honestly don't know where to start.

Go through the tags for any of the podcasts with Barry. His story about joining a pool club is amazing.

BritishHobo

Listening to Ian interview the Ali G impersonator on FUBAR (episode 98 from back in July) is fucking electric. Genuinely tense at first, and then fascinating.

Seagullsim

I honestly thought Barry was playing up his 'character' on the podcasts. It's only when you listen to him in real life that you realise it's all true. I love the dynamic between them - the way they interact is fantastic.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Seagullsim on November 05, 2018, 11:33:51 PM
I honestly thought Barry was playing up his 'character' on the podcasts. It's only when you listen to him in real life that you realise it's all true. I love the dynamic between them - the way they interact is fantastic.

Were you there?
The bit after he asked for the lights to be cut had me laughing all the way home. The timing was perfect

Seagullsim

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 06, 2018, 12:08:15 AM
Were you there?
The bit after he asked for the lights to be cut had me laughing all the way home. The timing was perfect

Yep - it was his face when Ian ripped up the ticket. Genuinely thought he was going to have a panic attack!

DrGreggles

Quote from: Seagullsim on November 07, 2018, 12:02:24 AM
Yep - it was his face when Ian ripped up the ticket. Genuinely thought he was going to have a panic attack!

https://twitter.com/jainty/status/1059435128735318016?s=09

Dusty Substance

Hello there. How are you? Me? I am fine.

I've been delving into a bunch of old P&G stuff having discovered I've got an old hard drive full of podcasts but have noticed I don't have Peacock And Gamble's sixth episode from their run on FUBAR. IIRC there was a reason for this - Something about an objectionable guest, perhaps (or was that Ben Dover? In which case, I have that ep). Is anyone able to please help me out with episode six? Did they just do the 19 on FUBAR? Also, don't suppose anyone knows in which episode they first heard their new jingle - The one with the circus music that nearly caused Ed to collapse laughing? Cheers.

RicoMNKN

The FUBAR ones are all still online - http://fubarradio.com/episodes/peacock-and-gamble-episode-6/

Are your copies podcasts or live records - I think they wisely edited out most of Ben Dover from the podcast.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dusty Substance on November 19, 2018, 11:23:51 PM
Also, don't suppose anyone knows in which episode they first heard their new jingle - The one with the circus music that nearly caused Ed to collapse laughing? Cheers.

Episode 18, I think.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: RicoMNKN on November 19, 2018, 11:58:13 PM
The FUBAR ones are all still online - http://fubarradio.com/episodes/peacock-and-gamble-episode-6/

Are your copies podcasts or live records - I think they wisely edited out most of Ben Dover from the podcast.

Cheers, RicoMNKN. Ordinarily, I'd Google these things before asking on a forum but, for some reason, I was under the impression the P&G shows were no longer available.

Having re-listened to the Ben Dover show recently, I'd say it was a live record as he was on it a lot. He spoke about the incident where he pretended to be Rod Stewart in order to take advantage of a cabin crew member, the Peaches Geldof story and, a bit I'd entirely forgotten, they bring Lucy Porter into the studio after Ben Dover had slagged her off. If that was all kept in, I can't imagine what would have been cut out.

BritishHobo

Ooh. The version I have (from when they started releasing them on iTunes) cut him out entirely, IIRC.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 20, 2018, 07:44:31 AM
Ooh. The version I have (from when they started releasing them on iTunes) cut him out entirely, IIRC.

Yes, that's the version I have.
The version on the Fubar site was edited too.

Sin Agog

Ian's appearance on the Brian Gittins pod is out.

BritishHobo

Comedy dream for me, that. I was thrilled when Brian appeared on FUBAR once ages ago, so this recent burst of appearances on each other's things has been amazing.

BritishHobo

Still catching up on FUBAR and dying at the end of the interview with the producer who's made a film called FUBAR. Pop it in a fucking Odeon.

Sin Agog

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 23, 2018, 06:46:29 PM
Comedy dream for me, that. I was thrilled when Brian appeared on FUBAR once ages ago, so this recent burst of appearances on each other's things has been amazing.

Ian's ep of the Gittins pod was great.  Thought I'd accidentally clicked on the wrong link at first when it was just Ian Boddleston talking alone in a room.  The best Gittins guests are the ones who get really into the premise of the show and show an interest in Dave Edwards, and Ian did both.  Who is Dave Edwards, anyway?  Is he a stand-up, or Brian's mate?  All I know is he says 'kind of thing' a lot and is weirdly fascinating.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Sin Agog on November 23, 2018, 09:10:34 PM
Who is Dave Edwards, anyway?  Is he a stand-up, or Brian's mate? 

It goes without saying... a bit of both.

gmoney

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 23, 2018, 09:19:36 PM
It goes without saying... a bit of both.

You're quite right, you're quite right!

DrGreggles

Oh, and use the code BLACK20 on Ian's Red Bubble page before midnight for 20% off any of the stuff on there.
https://www.redbubble.com/people/infinite-hermit

Just bought a Parapod hoodie.

BritishHobo

Sent my girlfriend some links while talking about Christmas, and a little Infinite Hermit envelope popped through the letterbox today. Very excited.

Also, yet more stuff from Ian on Patreon this week that would have sold me on it just by themselves.

Quote from: Sin Agog on November 23, 2018, 09:10:34 PM
Ian's ep of the Gittins pod was great.  Thought I'd accidentally clicked on the wrong link at first when it was just Ian Boddleston talking alone in a room.  The best Gittins guests are the ones who get really into the premise of the show and show an interest in Dave Edwards, and Ian did both. 

David Earl has just confirmed on his Patreon page that's he's booked Barry Dodds as an upcoming Brian Gittins podcast guest.

DrGreggles

Ian's releasing the 1st part of the live Parapod tomorrow.

Brian Freeze

Thankyou for keeping us posted/forewarned.

I listened to the Brian Gittins episode and I really don't get it at all. I tried a couple a bit back after seeing it recommended and quickly unsubscribed as it did nowt for me but thought I'd give this one a go as Ian is someone I could listen to for hours and hours (and is someone I genuinely have had hours and hours of entertainment from).

Nothings changed, they seem to get interesting guests on and waste at least 75% of everybody's time - especially the guests talents and peculiarities. Is that most of the joke? Please explain the appeal.

Brian Freeze

Also - thanks for the link to the infinite hermit webstore. What's the Lady Spades reference through?
I can't recall it and really like the vest on there.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 30, 2018, 10:45:38 PM
Also - thanks for the link to the infinite hermit webstore. What's the Lady Spades reference through?
I can't recall it and really like the vest on there.

It was one of Barry's rituals.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 30, 2018, 10:34:05 PM
Thankyou for keeping us posted/forewarned.

I listened to the Brian Gittins episode and I really don't get it at all. I tried a couple a bit back after seeing it recommended and quickly unsubscribed as it did nowt for me but thought I'd give this one a go as Ian is someone I could listen to for hours and hours (and is someone I genuinely have had hours and hours of entertainment from).

Nothings changed, they seem to get interesting guests on and waste at least 75% of everybody's time - especially the guests talents and peculiarities. Is that most of the joke? Please explain the appeal.

I can be understand not getting the Gittins pod. It took me a few episodes.
I'd say it's worth listening from the the start and give it a few episodes to get used to the format (and Dave Edwards!).
Once I got into it I was hooked. It's now one of my favourites.