Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The work of Ian Boldsworth

Started by BritishHobo, December 02, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Herring pod - 16th March
Another London screening - 17th March

Mobbd

Just booked for Glasgow. So glad to be seeing this at long last. Too bad Barry's not coming though.

sutin

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 29, 2020, 03:04:31 PM
Herring pod - 16th March
Another London screening - 17th March

Good news on RHLSTP.

DrGreggles

After they became best friends on the Fubar show, Ian's interviewing Shaun Ryder at his live show.

Ringside

I only just found out that Dodds has his own podcast on his patreon.

Is it any good?

Sin Agog

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 31, 2020, 09:19:18 PM
After they became best friends on the Fubar show, Ian's interviewing Shaun Ryder at his live show.

Is that actually happening or was that just the kind of thing you say at the end of live radio bants?

DrGreggles

Sure it's already been on patron but the first movie podcast dropped on the old parapod feed.

DrGreggles

And hinted at another London screening on 18th March!

BritishHobo

I dragged my feet too long on Chester Storyhouse and it's sold out. I think Ian mentioned there were discussions about a potential second screening there, but of course that's no guarantee. THIS IS MY OWN FAULT.

DrGreggles

The ticket sales alone suggest that more dates will follow.
Not sure if there has even been much promotion outside of Patreon so far, so the podcasts being on general release may boost sales even more.

Dusty Substance

I've just signed up to Dodds' Patreon and started going through the back catalogue of mini-podcasts ("Is It Bollocks?"). Are there any particular stand-out, must-hear-first episodes? I listened to the Michael Legge one first and guffawed at the mention of Graham Linehan's ghost .

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dusty Substance on March 02, 2020, 10:04:08 PM

I've just signed up to Dodds' Patreon and started going through the back catalogue of mini-podcasts ("Is It Bollocks?"). Are there any particular stand-out, must-hear-first episodes? I listened to the Michael Legge one first and guffawed at the mention of Graham Linehan's ghost .

Ha, yes that was a good one.

They're generally just a light-hearted chat that occasionally veers into the paranormal (maybe a bit more in the earlier episodes).
Always an enjoyable listen though.

Dusty Substance

There's been some good stuff on Dodds' Patreon over the last couple of weeks.

Due to the cancellation of the Parapod Movie tour Barry and Ian have recorded a series of phonecalls (four so far), the premise being that Barry is in prison and the recordings are Barry's one allowed call a day. Great improvised story-building and some comedy gold with Ian asking Barry about his prison experience ("It's really hot in the cell today, I've got the bars wide open").

Dodds' Patreon is well worth subscribing to. He does at least two podcasts and one video a week, plus a bunch of blogs. He did a couple of ghost  podcasts with Christina Martin which were half depressing, half spooky.

(I couldn't find a thread for Dodds)

DrGreggles

'Dodds Incarcerated' is fantastic.
The ever-expanding prison universe just makes it funnier - especially as Ian remembers it and Barry doesn't.

MojoJojo

Giving this a bump since I've been listening to a lot of his stuff lately. And I feel a bit sorry for him working for years on a film and then having the release fucked by a bloody pandemic.

Also, I thought since it's Mental Health awareness week I should try and give his Mental podcast a go, but it doesn't seem to work in BeyondPod. Is it only available on Itunes or something?

DrGreggles

Quote from: MojoJojo on May 20, 2020, 11:55:32 AM
Giving this a bump since I've been listening to a lot of his stuff lately. And I feel a bit sorry for him working for years on a film and then having the release fucked by a bloody pandemic.

Also, I thought since it's Mental Health awareness week I should try and give his Mental podcast a go, but it doesn't seem to work in BeyondPod. Is it only available on Itunes or something?

I think it's no longer available because he moved to a different hosting platform and his previous one expired.
Same for all his other old stuff.

I can probably upload them if I can dig them out.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 12, 2020, 09:18:47 PM
'Dodds Incarcerated' is fantastic.
The ever-expanding prison universe just makes it funnier - especially as Ian remembers it and Barry doesn't.

Listening to the latest one and it's pretty remarkable how Barry forgets *so* much stuff from last week!

Dumb question - Did Barry get why "Sue Mole" is such an obvious name for Ian to have made up on the spot? 

Dusty Substance

Latest Dodds Incarcerated is excellent. It seems that Barry has a lot of resolved issues from his school days which explain a lot about his unique outlook on things.

DrGreggles

Yes, it's fantastic.
I do love that, across his (very productive) output, Ian isn't mentioning lockdown - just calling it "since Barry went to prison".

Nice to hear that he's been chatting to Ed and digging out some old P&G stuff too.

sutin

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 29, 2020, 03:42:25 PM
Nice to hear that he's been chatting to Ed and digging out some old P&G stuff too.

Ohh, I thought that relationship was very much in the past. That's lovely to hear.

MojoJojo

Barry's explanation of why he can't have corn on the cobb with KFC had me laughing in the street.

I can understand Ian not wanting it just being two blokes chatting, but it is funnier when it is.

Pink Gregory

"I hate you, Chip" really made it for me

Dusty Substance

The latest episode of Dodds Incarcerated has two of my all-time favourite Barry moments.

MojoJojo

Two? I probably should listen again. I want to make a list of Barry's greatest "moments" but perhaps not fair to do it in Ian's thread.

DrGreggles

Those Dodds Incarcerated pods are fucking joyous.
I love it when Barry realises when he's saying something stupid as he's saying it, and hopes Ian doesn't notice.
Not sure he's got away with one yet.

Weird seeing Rocky come to 'life' too, having read about it from its initial conception.
The Bananaman/Goodies comparison is a very apt one.

BritishHobo

I need to crack on with it. I keep leaving it for ages and losing the thread of the daft story.

Have been listening to a lot of Ask Ian podcasts though, and realising how much I've missed his FUBAR show - love hearing his calm, thoughtful, considered opinions and stories.

Pink Gregory

He was reflecting on the FUBAR shows with Nat the other day, and how he felt the dynamic didn't work as well as with Ed/Barry/Kim because she wasn't a performer.  They always seemed to have a good chemistry,  so it was interesting to hear his disappointments.

Seagullsim

I forgot about Nat - wonder what she's up to now?

Actually, i'd forgotten about Fubar entirely. Just had a look at their twitter, and I can't work out if there's any new content or if they're just repeating old Nick Helm shows on a loop.