Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:37:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The work of Ian Boldsworth

Started by BritishHobo, December 02, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Substance

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 04, 2021, 02:08:38 PM
Ian talked about that 'hearing the jingle moment' in a new podcast - very moving, honest little chat he has about the strange atmosphere in those FUBAR shows due to the difficult background.

I've upped my pledge after having dropped it a year or so aho due to money issues. My partner got me the three ParaPod movie posters for Christmas. Purely to embarass me, she added a little message to Ian on the Etsy store to tell him what a big supporter I am, and that I went to the premiere. Posters turned up with a little handwritten note ripping the absolute piss out of me for my 'support', since she was the one paying. I think it might be my favourite thing I own now.

Got to get on with Dodds Incarcerated. I'm still only in the single digits on the episodes.

That sounds very interesting - I really ought to re-subscribe to Boldsworth's Patreon.

What a delightful gift from your partner. Really lovely that she went the extra mile.

Yes! You are in for such a treat with Dodds Incarcerated. Such as with these things, I envy you for having 20 plus unheard episodes ahead of you!

Seagullsim

I've been a member of Ian's Patreon since the beginning, but I haven't always kept up with listening to all the content. There's been a couple of lovely little podcasts over the last few days, both involving Kim. I'm sure i've missed something here, but who is Kim? Is she just a mate of Ian's, or has she done other stuff with him before?

DrGreggles

MojoJojo

Thanks for the recommendation. It's a bit ungrateful but I struggle with the amount he puts out and have bounced off some of his stuff, but I really should listen to more than Dodds incarcerated.

DrGreggles

Good opportunity to catch up on Dodds Incarcerated, as there's going to be a break for a bit (while Barry is in solitary confinement).

New pod next week!

BritishHobo

Yeah, I need to go back and listen to that Star Wars podcast as well. It's nice to still have so much content to work through. Just wish it was easier to access content on Patreon. Ian's done as much as he can from his end to make it easier to access specific things, but the website itself makes it tough.

Sebastian Cobb

It's bloody slow filtering by tag isn't it?

DrGreggles

MojoJojo

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 11, 2021, 02:28:54 PM
Yeah, I need to go back and listen to that Star Wars podcast as well. It's nice to still have so much content to work through. Just wish it was easier to access content on Patreon. Ian's done as much as he can from his end to make it easier to access specific things, but the website itself makes it tough.

In the patreon app (and probably on the website) if you to Ian Boldsworth, Overview there should be a "Get audio RSS link" which you should be able to cut and paste into the podcast app of your choice to get all his audio content there.

I'm on Ian's patreon, but, other than Dodds Incarcerated, I haven't interacted with any of the posts in quite a while. I tried the first couple of Star Wars podcasts and really disliked them, got bored with the Cabin Fever stuff, and eventually overwhelmed when he moved to two posts a day. Have I missed anything special?

BritishHobo

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 11, 2021, 03:04:03 PM
RSS feed?

Quote from: MojoJojo on January 11, 2021, 03:58:50 PM
In the patreon app (and probably on the website) if you to Ian Boldsworth, Overview there should be a "Get audio RSS link" which you should be able to cut and paste into the podcast app of your choice to get all his audio content there.

Lifesavers. Thank you. This is going to make it so much easier to keep up.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on January 11, 2021, 04:14:41 PM
I'm on Ian's patreon, but, other than Dodds Incarcerated, I haven't interacted with any of the posts in quite a while. I tried the first couple of Star Wars podcasts and really disliked them, got bored with the Cabin Fever stuff, and eventually overwhelmed when he moved to two posts a day. Have I missed anything special?

I'm in much the same boat – overwhelmed is the word. I ended up turning off notifications, but in the end that just made me forget about the whole thing. I dropped off Dodds Incarcerated and I'm not sure if that was due to that same feeling of overexposure or not. They were fun though (Ian and Barry chatting is always great) so I should try to pick back up.

New podcast with Barry is out – "Ideas Man". Barry pitches TV show ideas to Ian. I'm going to use this fresh start as an opportunity to jump back in.

frajer

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on January 19, 2021, 09:26:20 AM
New podcast with Barry is out – "Ideas Man". Barry pitches TV show ideas to Ian. I'm going to use this fresh start as an opportunity to jump back in.

Listened to this yesterday evening and really enjoyed it, felt like a great start to a series with plenty of scope.

Mobbd

I'm in much the same boat %u2013 overwhelmed is the word. I ended up turning off notifications, but in the end that just made me forget about the whole thing. I dropped off Dodds Incarcerated and I'm not sure if that was due to that same feeling of overexposure or not. They were fun though (Ian and Barry chatting is always great) so I should try to pick back up.

Same. Overwhelm. A substantial post every day (like Herring's Warming Up, I suppose, but I save those invisibly in a feed reader and read them in batches when I'm in the mood, while Ian's ones would clutter my email inbox and felt like a bit of a chore to read or otherwise manage). I was never in love with how they'd drop in the wee small hours either, buzzing the phone beside my sleeping head (and presumably a thousand other phones and a thousand other sleeping heads). I could have changed a setting somewhere I'm sure, but I'd always forget by sun-up and it felt like a minor curse. I have a suspicion that Ian knows this happens and that he likes it and is wanking.

New podcast with Barry is out %u2013 "Ideas Man". Barry pitches TV show ideas to Ian. I'm going to use this fresh start as an opportunity to jump back in.

That sounds pretty fab.

MojoJojo

Yeah, Idea Man seems to be about the right level - a subject to talk about but enough space to chat. I wasn't to keen on the idea as I didn't think him pitching ideas in DI was the best stuff.

non capisco

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 15, 2020, 03:10:34 PM
Man, just wait until you get to the introduction of the new jingle.  Apart from the time my friend walked head-on into a lamppost and leapt back up and tried to continue walking all casual like as if no one noticed, that is the most I've laughed at anything ever.

I heard it for the first time walking home from work last night and it did not disappoint. Ed's reaction made me laugh so hard I had to have a sit down. It's the instrumental break from Cockney Rebel's 'Mr. Soft', isn't it?

Yeah, Ideas Man is great, Ian and Barry are always good together. With the Dodds Inc podcasts, they pretty much stopped following a running storyline weeks ago so I think you could probably jump back in without feeling lost. 

Dusty Substance

Bloody hell, the Cats Blu-Ray/eBay prank had me doubled over with laughter.

The timing and the luck involved in that working perfectly was amazing.

DrGreggles

Laughing so hard at
Spoiler alert
Barry trying to say 'innovative'
[close]
on today's Ideas Man that my head is genuinely hurting.

I lost it at
Spoiler alert
"I once saw an old fella licking out a dog"
[close]

frajer

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on February 02, 2021, 01:12:31 PM
I lost it at
Spoiler alert
"I once saw an old fella licking out a dog"
[close]

That shocked me into a proper laughing fit I was caught so off-guard.

Absolutely loving Ideas Man, such a good format that fits them both perfectly.

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 01, 2021, 02:38:39 PM
Laughing so hard at
Spoiler alert
Barry trying to say 'innovative'
[close]
on today's Ideas Man that my head is genuinely hurting.

I loved Ian just going along with
Spoiler alert
"innitnovive"
[close]
and trying to convince Barry he was right. By the end I'd actually forgotten
Spoiler alert
how it was really pronounced
[close]

Also, his Impressions idea is one I could easily imagine being on BBC1 on a Saturday early evening with a few tweaks. The 'Don't Scare the Hare slot' as I believe it is known as.

BritishHobo

His
Spoiler alert
impression of Ian at the end really made me laugh.
[close]

Have proper enjoyed the episodes so far. Now gone back to catch up with Dodds Incarcerated, as I realised how much I've missed listening to them. I only got to episode six or seven I think, delighted to have loads to listen to.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on February 02, 2021, 06:34:14 PM
I loved Ian just going along with
Spoiler alert
"innitnovive"
[close]
and trying to convince Barry he was right. By the end I'd actually forgotten
Spoiler alert
how it was really pronounced
[close]

Just listened again and he tried it again with
Spoiler alert
"characture"[/quote] but Barry didn't bite.

Barry's defeated
Spoiler alert
"We'll get someone better than Tim"[/quote] got a big laugh from me.
[close]
[close]

frajer

I also relistened to this ep last night and it still had me creasing. Both of them firing on all cylinders.

Love the way Barry immediately
Spoiler alert
launched into his perfect theme tune for it, and also his host banter in general. "Hey, Phil - let me tell ya - you're gonna be able to buy a lot of sponges with that sort of money."
[close]

For those listening to Ideas Man, am I alone in getting really annoyed at the format? Not the basic idea, Barry pitching t.v. ideas is still really funny, but the conceit. Specifically Ian as an executive instead of just himself and the intros to each episode. The
Spoiler alert
dead cat
[close]
one especially gave a nasty feel to that whole episode.

DrGreggles

Er, it wasn't
Spoiler alert
a real cat
[close]

Yes, obviously, it also wasn't in the slightest bit funny.

DrGreggles

I thought it was.
Each to their own, eh.