Author Topic: The work of Ian Boldsworth  (Read 91295 times)

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
Re: The work of Ian Boldsworth
« Reply #720 on: March 04, 2021, 10:55:24 PM »
I like it because I think it's a nice avenue for humour, Ian channeling the total contempt he feels after a career spent dealing with that type of executive.

I could hardly breath in the latest episode at Barry's impressions of a really really hateful Gok Wan and Jamie Oliver, hurling abuse at the poor contestants.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #721 on: March 16, 2021, 02:14:26 PM »
I think I like it when they go off topic a bit, Barry talking about accidentally face-timing his dr for instance. Although the proposed concept was also quite good in a mean-spirited way that makes it unfeasible[/spoiler.

« Reply #722 on: March 22, 2021, 11:34:18 AM »
Barry's idea today! JESUS!

MojoJojo

• Between a cow college and a MetaLab.
« Reply #723 on: March 22, 2021, 04:44:11 PM »
God yes! "Christopher Biggins listentoit!". And then there's the twist.

It's good actually, because I was starting to get a bit tired with the format after last weeks.

« Reply #724 on: April 06, 2021, 11:16:53 AM »
Ian has posted some of the rescheduled Parapod Movie (w/ Q&A) dates on his Patreon*:

14 Sept – Sale Waterside
15 Sept – Chorley Little Theatre
16 Sept– Nottingham Savoy
17 Sept – Stockton ARC
19 Sept – Leeds Carriageworks

The new dates for the Everyman cinema ones are still pending.

*it's OK for me to post here though

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #725 on: April 06, 2021, 11:52:04 AM »
None near enough me to comfortably travel mid-pandemic - although I did go to two last year, so fair's fair to let someone else have a go.

Can't believe the Chester screening is the last time I went out properly. Last film I saw, last evening out, last large event.

« Reply #726 on: April 06, 2021, 12:50:15 PM »
There's about 5 more with no new date yet, and probably more to come after those, so it should come somewhere near eventually.

The new dates mean I'll see it twice in 3 days!
Not that I'm complaining - it's a terrific film.

Schrodingers Cat

• Hail majestic corporate light!
« Reply #727 on: April 06, 2021, 02:12:57 PM »
My front row ticket for Leeds has carried over...a full 18 months after I was meant to see it initially!

I am genuinely pleased for Ian (and Barry) though - they way they’d had a full premiere, right before the world went to shit and no one knew if it would ever see the light of day again. I can totally see why he’s not released it on streaming before now, but it has been an awful long wait. Still another 5 months to go!

Rev+

• Like it is, like it sounds
« Reply #728 on: April 06, 2021, 09:30:51 PM »
They've changed the name of the film apparently - anyone know what it's now called?