Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:47:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The work of Ian Boldsworth

Started by BritishHobo, December 02, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Just booked a ticket for the Liverpool showing on 22nd. Didn't think they would bother as I heard the first time around it didn't sell well.

Will also be seeing Ian this weekend at Dimension Jump so it is very much a Boldsworth month.

I can't keep up with Ian's work but that RHLSTP was a joy. He's got proper funny bones.

I don't think the trailer for the film looks great but the interview's got me really excited for it. Can't wait.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 08, 2021, 07:31:02 PM
He's got proper funny bones.

And hats. I enjoyed the faux rivalry between Ian and Rich as well.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 08, 2021, 07:31:02 PM
I don't think the trailer for the film looks great but the interview's got me really excited for it. Can't wait.

It's terrific.
The first time I watched it I didn't take everything in, probably because I was shocked at it looking like a proper movie. I wasn't expecting something so cinematic.
Luckily I was able to see it again a few weeks later and watch it properly, and it's genuinely a great filum. Very funny and heart-warming, with a few scary bits in there too.
You'll leave the cinema with a warm glow - and possibly one of Barry's t-shirts.

JamesTC

Met Ian today. Absolutely lovely guy. Really has time for everybody. Saw him up till half one in the morning talking to people outside the hotel too.

Mobbd

Quote from: JamesTC on September 12, 2021, 09:10:55 PM
Met Ian today. Absolutely lovely guy. Really has time for everybody. Saw him up till half one in the morning talking to people outside the hotel too.

YOU ARE AT DJ?!

JamesTC

RicoMNKN

Saw it last night.  Thought it was well structured and funny all the way through.

A few places I thought they must have staged a little to keep the plot moving or get a laugh, which doesn't really matter as it's not an unusual approach.

Ian's
Spoiler alert
big I am
[close]
joke was great.

Schrodingers Cat

Finally got to see the filum tonight. Worth the wait. Hope it can find an audience outside of fans of the podcast.

3/5 some funny bits.

BritishHobo

Looks like the owner of a certain PlayStation VR got to see it last night as well:

https://twitter.com/Barry_Dodds/status/1439749600672428035?s=20

Love that.

Fry

I've started listening to the Parapod again, one of my favourite podcast series ever to be produced. Is there an easy, single place to download all the Podcasts Dodds and Boldsworth have done since? I'd like to listen to them all in order but as far as I can tell they've done a few different series?

jimboslice

Quote from: Fry on September 20, 2021, 07:50:07 AM
I've started listening to the Parapod again, one of my favourite podcast series ever to be produced. Is there an easy, single place to download all the Podcasts Dodds and Boldsworth have done since? I'd like to listen to them all in order but as far as I can tell they've done a few different series?

You're probably best off with the patreon podcast feed, although there are a bloody lot of them and they're nowhere near as well produced as something like The Parapod.

DrGreggles

JamesTC

Pissed off I missed the film last night due to not knowing whether I had the 'vid or not. If I'd known I didn't, I'd have powered through the cold and went. At least the film is out on VOD next week.

Hope Ian is okay. He has had to pull out of the September screenings.

DrGreggles

Ian looked a bit rough at the Leeds screening, so I wasn't surprised when I heard he was taking a few days off.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Fry on September 20, 2021, 07:50:07 AM

I've only just started listening to the Parapod and I'm loving it massively. I really like Ray/Ian anyway but Barry's blunt force stubbornness is truly something to witness. Ive been getting them off Soundcloud, so don't know if those are all of the episodes (there seem to be serveral series).

JamesTC

Only just seen an email in my spam saying that Barry also wasn't able to attend last night so really I've only missed the film on the big screen rather than anything extra.

Hope Barry is okay. I'm wondering if maybe Ian got the same cold I did from last week and he passed it onto Barry.

DrGreggles

Barry was never due to be at the Liverpool one, so he's fine.

Quote from: Gregory Torso on September 23, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
I've only just started listening to the Parapod and I'm loving it massively. I really like Ray/Ian anyway but Barry's blunt force stubbornness is truly something to witness. Ive been getting them off Soundcloud, so don't know if those are all of the episodes (there seem to be serveral series).

There were 3 series of 10 episodes, a 2 part special between s1 and s2, a special between s2 and 3, and a special after s3.
There were also several 'extra' episodes and 4 movie podcasts.

Let me know if you can't track them all down.

Gregory Torso

Thanks, Dr Greg. Looks like they're all up on the soundcloud page.

Rev+

The latest Patreon update is a bit worrying - he's not well physically or mentally, so it'll be Barry and perhaps Bil for any future screenings until the Halloween one.  Massive annoyance with staff at certain venues acting like everything's back to normal.  One very recent venue in particular singled out, with a recomendation that if they pull some sort of crowdfunding thing to help save the theatre, they should fuck off and not be given a penny. 
Spoiler alert
Leeds Carriageworks
[close]

weaseldust

i just spent the afternoon making an 8-bit version of the parapod theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxfChqbWxOk

Pink Gregory

Quote from: weaseldust on September 25, 2021, 05:02:43 PM

That's ace, quite menacing in places.  Shame you couldn't get a bitcrushed to fuck voice sample for 'THE PARAPOD' at the end

weaseldust

thank you so much! aww yeah i really wanted to do a robot voice at the end but i don't know how!

DrGreggles

Quote from: weaseldust on September 25, 2021, 05:02:43 PM

Great stuff.
Have you sent it to them?

weaseldust

ahh thank you! yeah i just sent it on twitter and they retweeted which was nice

BritishHobo

PlanktonSideburns

Lovely version of the theme tune

Finally got my self patreoned up to hear more of these two chatting, fired up latest ideas man, they are a delight aren't they? A slightly less argumentative format brings out better in then both I think

Rev+

The Parapod movie is out on all of the various platforms now - £4.99 for a rental or £7.99 for a buy on Amazon, anyway.

I do want to support them so I've stumped up (for a rental, torrenting it afterwards, I'm not fucking mental).

JamesTC

It is also on Google Play which I find the best to buy things digitally as it means you can watch it on YouTube.