Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Prevenge' - New Movie By Alice Lowe, February 2017

Started by Serge, December 19, 2016, 10:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Just watched this. Thought it was pretty good. Chilling and creepy and lots of wryly funny moments. Gets to some really quite gruesome moments. I wasn't a fan of the camerawork but otherwise the visuals were great. Lowe herself was brilliant, truly wonderful mix of vulnerable and horrifying. And the fact that she wrote and directed it. I have to say I prefer Sightseers on the whole but this was very singular indeed.

Hollow

I thought this was utter shit.

I liked the lead actress but that's about it.

momatt

Saw this last night.  Bloody great film!  In turns both understated and horrifically graphic.
Quite cool how they never really underline how everyone is connected or what actually happened with the event that kick-starts the whole thing.
Really funny too.

I also bought the soundtrack on blood red splatter vinyl last week.  It's done by Toydrum (a production duo who also used to be in Unkle and the Psychonaughts).  Which is the main reason I checked this out because they're bloody great.

Quote from: Moribunderast on April 14, 2017, 02:55:16 PM
The sequence with the make-up and entering the party felt instantly iconic to me as it unfolded

Totally.  I instantly thought how many people will copy the outfit on Halloween.

Serge

It's out on DVD today! I feel a trip to HMV coming on.

asids

Just watched this, I liked it. Dark but very funny at the same time. Lowe's performance is great, so is the midwife character. The DJ Dan sequence was easily the best part. Soundtrack's great also.

Quote from: momatt on June 05, 2017, 04:00:47 PM
Quite cool how they never really underline how everyone is connected or what actually happened with the event that kick-starts the whole thing.

There are some hints that I only clicked about at the end. I don't know if they're too Spoiler-ish to say considering the Spoiler tag still doesn't work, as far as I'm aware.

Cuntbeaks

The reasoning behind the murders isnt a secret by any means, its just slowly revealed.