Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Christmas Movies That Aren't

Started by Twed, December 22, 2016, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Midnight Run. Fucking Christmas film, somehow.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Thanksgiving is just retrograde Christmas

Shit Good Nose

I'll always think of Raiders of the Lost Ark as a chrimbo film (that isn't), because the first time I saw it was also the first big christmas day TV premier that I remember, so the two are forever linked in my brain.

AsparagusTrevor

I know everyone always swears Jaws The Revenge is a Christmas film and it tops many Christmas movie lists, but seriously there's only about 10 minutes of the film that could be considered festive. I'd say it was more a shark film than anything.

Black_Bart

Trading places usually gets a showing round the yule tide (and is set around the season), but I never think of it as a Christmas film.

Same as Gremlins.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on December 22, 2016, 03:36:47 PM
I know everyone always swears Jaws The Revenge is a Christmas film and it tops many Christmas movie lists, but seriously there's only about 10 minutes of the film that could be considered festive. I'd say it was more a shark film than anything.

Nah, it's definitely a christmas shark film (Christmas Shark Film).

Custard

All the Bonds

Planes Trains is pure Christmas for me

Most Disney and Pixar scream Christmas to me also

Replies From View

colacentral

I watched South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut for the first time in almost 10 years last week.Works as it has snow in it. Annoyingly I watched it so much on dvd when it came out that I still know basically every line before it happens, even the exact rhythm and tone, which kills comedy a bit. The interesting thing is that as an adult I actually find T&P's farting much funnier than any of the swearing now. Prime example being towards the end as they run through the war zone, fleeing for their lives, Phillip stops Terrance to tell him that he just farted, which they both find hysterical.

Black_Bart

QuoteWorks as it has snow in it.

John Carpenter's The Thing.

Also the Fishburne/Hawke version of Assault on Precinct 13.

SteveDave

Watching Hardware & Dylan McDermott has just said "Merry C-mas" & then said it was C-mas Eve![nb]I'm trying to popularise C-mas instead of Xmas [/nb]

PAGATRON

Twed

Those are like Gremlins; movies that are set at Christmas but just aren't particularly jolly.

shiftwork2

Steven

Fuck it, I'm drunk, I'm putting on The Shining!

Ambient Sheep

The Hudsucker Proxy, technically a New Year's film, but close enough for jazz.  Lovely film, by the way.  If you've never seen it, you should.

billtheburger

Wake in Fright is a cracking film set over the Christmas holidays.

chocky909

Gremlins 2 isn't set at Christmas but we watched it as part of a double bill anyway. New York is a bit Christmassy all year round anyway isn't it...