Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gravity Rush 2

Started by Shay Chaise, December 22, 2016, 08:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay Chaise

This demo is now up on PSN. I've only played twenty minutes or so but it's lovely so far, and whets the appetite. I only fairly recently played Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4, and found it one of the most unique 'platforming' games I've played in a long while. I loved just flipping and zipping around the city, swooping down through the alleys in the Triplets of Belleville environs, with a kind of Studio Ghibli pastoral jazz-funk in the background. Really full of character and charm.

This feels much more like a console version of the concept, richer detail, more colourful, larger areas and more to explore. Some of the little animated details from the NPCs are quite delightful. Anyone else tried this yet? I don't think I'll be jumping on it day one, just because it does feel very similar to the first game, but I'd be happy to pay 30 quid for it when the sale comes around. It'll be a gorgeous little change of pace from almost anything else I own.