Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What Non-New Films Have You Seen? (2017 Edition)

Started by zomgmouse, January 01, 2017, 10:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on January 04, 2018, 06:18:54 PM
I love it but it is just a violent road movie, not much else. Beautiful to look at though.

Yeah this, it lacks the mood that most Lynch films have. In replacement you've got Bobby Peru.

newbridge

Wow, you fellows could not be more wrong about Wild at Heart. But THAT'S OK.

Blumf

Famous Mortimer

Kickboxer: Vengeance

Not as good as the original, surprisingly. I like the building blocks of it (some good actors, a decent budget) but whoever put them together was stupid.

Blumf

Platoon
Amazingly, not seen it till last night. I remember it being a big thing back on release, but never paid much attention. I don't know, maybe it's because all that Vietnam stuff has been done to death and all the reference have been worn out in pop culture, but I found it rather dull. Much prefer Apocalypse Now, think I might even find the first Rambo film more interesting and heartfelt.

George White

The Twilight Zone-y Night My Number Came Up, atmospheric, but would have worked better as a thirty minute Twilight Zone. Dragged. Nice depiction of the Himalayas, though.