Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Injustice 2

Started by Barry Admin, January 02, 2017, 02:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay Chaise

Enjoying the thread even though I can't justify another full price fighter at the moment.

Barry Admin

I just wish there were more people playing it, so there'd be more discussion, as I'm obsessed with it. Playing through the story again to do the other paths.

I think the AI has random gear, and I noticed Scarecrow appeared wearing a Freddy hat! I'm wondering how close you can get Scarecrow to look like Freddy. It would make up for the DLC MK Freddy that had double claw hands and was based on the reboot.

I really want to get the Nightwing gear for Robin, too.

Trying to pick a secondary character. It's tricky. Harley is performed brilliantly and is laugh out loud hilarious, is a good zoner, and has great interactions e.g. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-eJqgbyBIVQ

Robin seems really fun. Flash is cool af. Scarecrow is well voiced by Robert Englund. I just dunno. I can't wait until I can get enough money together for the season pass, so I get the three new fighters.

Swoz_MK

Oddly, the character I'm doing best with is Harley too.
I need to spend some time studying combo videos as other than a basic bnb I don't have much when up close and I have no idea what I should be following wall bounces with at all.

I didn't play hardly any of the first injustice but a fair bit of MKXL. One thing that I wish I knew during MKXL's life is that if you input the commands for, say, F233BF3 with Deadshot as quick as you can it still combos. There's me being as precise as I can and dropping the BF3. Do it as fast as I can and it always connects. Nice. Maybe that's just the proper timing, I dunno.

Anyway, in fighting game terms this is still incredibly early into the game's life so I have a lot of time to practice as I want to like this game a lot more than I actually do right now and that's purely down to me not being anywhere near as good as I want to be.

The customisation is fantastic though, here's my Alexa Bliss -

Barry Admin

Yeah NRS games get called "dial a combo"; no crazy 1-frame links. I'm really glad Injustice games do away with the block button, not a fan of that. Just saw a great tip saying that you want to be blocking down instead of down back, because if you get crossed up then you'll be holding down forward and will get hit.

Anyway yeah, still absolutely loving this, and want to really stick with it and git gud. I've hardly played online for days as I've been having so much fun chasing gear in Multiverse! Way, way more fun than the MK Living Towers. The gear system is absolute genius, and it's hard to imagine playing a fighting game without it now.

I've drifted toward Robin as he's so much fun to play, I really, really hope I get the Nightwing staff ability as it lets you swap between staff and sword.

One thing I love about the game is just how frigging cool it is. It just feels so good to play. I always love when you manage to add in the stage interactions in a really fluid manner, like you'll just be battling away and without missing a beat you'll fuck a bar stool at some cunt, or swing on a vine. They feel a lot more fluid and integral than they did during MKX.

Swoz_MK

Down on its OWN blocks low?! Wow, yeah that must take cross-ups away completely. Brilliant.

Yeah the Multiverse stuff is excellent, not sure how the Guild'verse stuff works really. I guess tasks completed in that mode give bonuses to everyone in the guild?

Barry Admin

Yeah, I'm still getting to grips with the Guilds myself, but it basically seems to be a collaborative Multiverse. There are bonuses available (I guess just for guild fights), but they seem to require x number of people to be online at the same time. There are bosses too, with insane levels of health so they have to be fought repeatedly, but mine has already been beaten and now no one is really bothering to progress the other content.

Anyway, you'll still get loads of loot from the dailys and weeklys regardless.

Did you try the AI battle simulator yet? I had a crack at that the other night when I was pissed. I've balked at letting the AI do all my levelling for me, but this idea of managing a team is kind of neat. Someone finally attacked me and I won and got a gold box out of it, woo.

People seem to think there's new Wonder Woman stuff coming to tie in with the movie launch, plus Red Hood seems imminent. There's also been a shit-fit about the likely inclusion of another MK character (Raiden).

Barry Admin

Also, I'm finding "sell price" a quick, reliable way to eyeball gear. I had actually not deleted anything till yesterday as it was all driving me crazy. I wanted to check everything and see if any common gear looked cool enough to keep. Then when I got a character to level 20 I could transform some epic gear to look like common gear, if I wanted. Well, it caught up with me, and I've had to just start wiping loads of commons to make room.

So yeah, this probably only really matters with lower level characters, but If I'm looking to equip new gear, I use sell price as a quick check, but it's not infallible, as sometimes you will find e.g. common legs priced higher than rare legs. Why? Cause they have an augmentation, so check that as the augmentation may be worthless to you, and you'd be better off with the likely increased stats of the rare.

That's probably obvious, but just in case.

Also when you're rerolling gear at level 20, it seems there are some specific bonuses on certain types of gear that will always stay, e.g. If it's part of a set. Best bonuses are extra damage to heroes or villains, as they cover so many characters.

People are starting to find some interesting effects now, today people found a Supergirl epic which changes the colour of her eye beam. So there is likely some interesting stuff that has yet to be found, exciting!  I fought against an AI Batman tonight who looked like a fucking gimp minstrel or something.

Swoz_MK

Tried one of the boss battles. Flash, who is an arse anyway, with what looked like 1,000,000 health. Did not go well.

Gave Bane a spin last night, wow, he plays similarly to Slasher Jason from MKXL, who was my main. Will stick with him and see where it goes.
That Trait Armour is SO useful against projectiles.

Barry Admin

The Bane Train (toot toot) has been causing me problems online, he's annoying.

Speaking of which, this pissed me off: http://archive.is/mUZBS

It's the inevitable badly-researched, chip-on-shoulder clickbait "article" about the game being sexist, even though most of the female characters are god tier.

Swoz_MK

The game is a little over a week old, impossible to draw up tier lists yet. Apart from very inaccurate ones.

Barry Admin

Well yeah, that too. People are still learning the characters, and you have the likes of Cheetah who isn't a legacy character. Some of the female characters do seem strong though. This article just obviously started with a point of view, then set out to try and prove it.

Barry Admin

I love Robin. It's all about Robin.

His b2 and d2 catch so many motherfuckers online. It's supposed to piss down on Saturday; I really hope it does so I can sit in the lab with Robin all day. It's all about Robin.

Barry Admin

It's a diamond motherbox weekend in Multiverse!

Barry Admin

Been hit by that bastard bug where you lose your progress, has hoped last nights patch would have fixed it! Lost about 10 levels on my Deadshot and his gear; I was only grinding him last night to get that epic gear for him in the Multiverse. Didn't affect my ranked victories so I'm not too bothered. Cycled the power a bunch of times to clear the cache, all to no avail.

Barry Admin

There is a diamond event up NOW! NRS fucked it all up.

My level 20 Robin:

Kelvin

God damn, he looks cool! Always liked Damien Wayne. Robin's such an underappreciated character away from comics.

Reminds me of my main in Smash Bros:

I've played this character, in this colour palette, in every Smash game for 15 years. My god, he's awesome.

Barry Admin

He really does, doesn't he? The cowl can look a bit wank from the sides, but it's basically sweet, and I love the Destiny-style split cape.

Awesome looking Smash character; white, gold, a cape and a big fucking sword are hard to beat :-)

Edit: Robin is a real cocky, aggressive little wanker in the game, but you would be with those parents. His moves are flashy and awesome, though, which makes up for his frankly quite tedious personality.

Relatedly, Red Hood trailer goes up tonight whoop whoop. I don't think I knew they had actually brought Jason Todd back, that's amazing.

Kelvin

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 28, 2017, 02:20:37 PM
Edit: Robin is a real cocky, aggressive little wanker in the game, but you would be with those parents. His moves are flashy and awesome, though, which makes up for his frankly quite tedious personality.

In the comics, his main arc was really effective at making Damien genuinely obnoxious initially, then peeling that away, and showing how insecure and lonely this kid was. He was constantly at odds with his father, but there's a run with him slowly forming a brotherly bond with the original Robin, Dick Grayson, that's really touching. I think it's a shame that the messed that up in the Injustice comics, actually. I fucking loved that pairing.   

Barry Admin

I replied but it got lost Kelvin, I might put the screenshot up tomorrow.

Ham Bap, I was wondering how you've been getting in.

Wonder Woman special event up now, movie gear. Restart to get it if it doesn't show bottom left in Multiverse.

Red Hood trailer out too, looks great.

Kelvin

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 30, 2017, 12:15:13 AM
I replied but it got lost Kelvin, I might put the screenshot up tomorrow.

No problem. I read it before it was lost.

Swoz_MK

Red Hood looks fantastic!
I played none over the weekend, had no idea about the diamond business either.
None of my characters are anywhere near lv20, how do you get them so high?

madhair60

I have this and have not put nearly enough time into it. It's fucking brilliant.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Swoz_MK on May 30, 2017, 08:48:54 AM
Red Hood looks fantastic!
I played none over the weekend, had no idea about the diamond business either.
None of my characters are anywhere near lv20, how do you get them so high?

I've been playing it like a maniac, basically. I've got some other stuff to get done at the moment, but spend a lot of time playing this when I can. I knew I'd love it, but it's many years since I was really into comics, so I didn't think I'd love it as much as I do.

I'm actually having to rank up characters now just to increase their inventory space, as a few of them have no room left  for commons, and I don't want to start deleting rares or epics yet. Rares can actually sometimes drop with much better stats than epics!

Diamond events are still popping up, so it's worth checking. You get a shit ton of credits in them, so I have over half a million credits at the minute, all of which I intend to spend on 1000 credit bronze boxes, just to try and get that fucking staff for Robin. I've got eight abilities for Wonder Woman now - eight - but all I want is that goddamn staff.

Some people did manage to get all characters to level 20 within one or two days of release, but that was by using two controllers, or setting up AI fights. Then they get eg a desktop fan, and stick a pencil in it in such a way that it will periodically press a button on their controller when it oscillates (as you have to confirm each new fight with a button press.)

I tried to be careful not to make any dumb-ass mistakes until I'd learnt the systems, but I spent 4000 Source Crystals on a Black Canary skin early on. Dumb af, save that shit for Premier skins (most important) and transmogging gear. Apparently there's no way to earn any more once you get to profile level 60.

Barry Admin

In fact, the diamond event has left me with basically no more room for commons on most of my characters! I just had a look and its crazy. Black Canary has 20 epics, and 79 rares, so one slot free. If they're going to do that Activision thing of charging you a few quid to be able to store a load more inventory, then they'd better hurry up! It just wrecks my OCD, I could spend longer sorting out my gear than I do playing at this point.

Swoz_MK

I need to get stuck in, this all sounds great. The loot boxes make a very satisfying vibration.

Barry Admin

The best diamond box I got was 6 epics, you're usually guaranteed about 3 or 4, then 2 or 3 rares. Bronze are the way to go when spending credits, but oh my god, it takes forever, and you can only buy one at a time.  So I was sitting browsing on my phone, watching youtube or whatever, while my other hand was buying and opening boxes on my arcade stick.  Not really paying any attention maybe only looking up if I heard an epic. 

I would say make sure you're trying to also complete the objectives in multiverse, although these will usually require a high-level character, or a level 10ish AI character with decent AI settings to do it for you - for the last event, anyway.  Good rewards for beating all the objectives - 50k and 2 platinum boxes for that Wonder Woman even, for instance.  Then also check each event after you've completed them, as they might be worth doing again (there might be regen tokens, which you want to stockpile to reroll gear).

Obviously you should be trying to finish each event with a gold score too, so look at that scoring table at the end.  Finishing a fight with a super gets you a whopping 25,000 points, so a few of those will mitigate penalties incurred by losing a match or two.  Then you'll end up with a bronze, silver and gold box on top of the event rewards. Transitions score well too iirc, but the only thing that scores as well as finishing with a super is finishing with a perfect.

madhair60

This whole loot system is a fucking ballache if I'm honest. They need to patch in something like "press one button to open all loot boxes".

Barry Admin

There are definitely a few teething problems!  The economy is pretty tucked, I'd expect them to buff gold boxes as Treyarch did with Blops 3, because at the minute, there's no reason to buy anything other than bronzes (unless you value your time, in which case you still might as well just buy silvers.) Things like not being able to buy more than one at a time should get fixed quickly. I really want to be able to look at gear as I delete it!

The actual gear itself looks amazing though and is a real game-changer for fighting games. It also has some great effects, e.g. That movie gear you can get at the minute makes Wonder Woman's arse look massive. Wearing three pieces of the set also means you can trigger stage transitions by meter burning her shield bash, and I think there equivalent pieces for other (if not all) characters' bf3 mb moves.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 31, 2017, 12:25:18 PM
bf3 mb moves.

No idea what that means mate. I'm a total casual scrub. I'm loving Blue Beetle the most so far, really just need a chunk of time to really dig into this game.

Barry Admin

Sorry, I tried to hint at the standard notation early on. Back forward heavy meter burn is what it means. A lot of characters have similar moves, and one of them is this lunge that lets them cross a lot of space quickly (about a screens worth I guess). So Blue Beetle Has two versions of this depending on if he's using his trait or not. If you press meter burn while you are doing this (with his claws out), you'll do more damage for a bar of meter, and it'll change where your opponent lands. Meter burning usually will set you up for a combo.