Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Milo Yiannopoulos Book Deal Row

Started by Claude Balls, January 05, 2017, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: Repeater on May 28, 2017, 08:39:52 AM
He's so handsome

Yes he is a beautiful, beautiful creature. I love him, even though he is arguably the worst human being alive.

imitationleather

The guy looks like a young Ed Miliband dressed up for one those festivals they have in the American desert. I guess that's what some people are into but not my personal cup of tea.

Repeater

Blue Jam

I dunno- he's not bad-looking, but he does always look like he's been awake for nine days straight, and a bit like he's been smacked in the face with a frying pan. To me that "smouldering" look he does in photos makes him look like he's inwardly screaming "Fuck me, I'm getting old, I can't do this anymore, I need my bed..."

Blue Jam

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 11, 2017, 01:06:57 AM
It's like, a couple of months ago, with YouTube. There's been this big push that journalism and the mainstream media and the like are dead, YouTube is the future, they're the revolution. But... they're just posting their shit on someone else's platform. And when companies started pulling ads from their videos, people like H3H3 started freaking out, because that was their source of income. The people bigging up the death of traditional media were reliant on fuckin' ad-men.

If anything, it's the LEFTY SJW SNOWFLAKES behind campaigns like Stop Funding Hate who know how all this works, not the likes of Breitbart and their ludicrous "petition" to boycott Kelloggs (while 400+ advertisers boycott Breitbart).

imitationleather

I like how he starts a paragraph with "And, indeed". It makes it look like he either wrote the entire book in one evening, or is a first year undergraduate.

Buelligan

Quotewearing my SWAG by Milo gear has become the ultimate statement of rebellion

Bless.

Paul Calf

You know, Mein Kampf is a few hundred pages of ranting bullshit cobbled together by a drug-addled narcissist. To laugh at this book because it's wrong, inhumane and idiotic is probably to miss the point.

There's a fascinating passage where, through a thick fog of hubris, he hints at how deeply unfulfilling and soul-scarring his life is:

Howj Begg

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 29, 2017, 01:07:28 AM
You know, Mein Kampf is a few hundred pages of ranting bullshit cobbled together by a drug-addled narcissist. To laugh at this book because it's wrong, inhumane and idiotic is probably to miss the point.

What I find blackly hilarious are the S&S editor's comments. They tried so hard to amend the work of someone who can't write and barely think, and still they decided it was unpublishable, still he's suing them, and now everyone can see the editor's comments. All unprovoked.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/dec/28/unclear-unfunny-delete-editors-notes-on-milo-yiannopoulos-book-revealed

Quote[The early sections of a chapter on feminism prompt the note: "Don't start chapter with accusation that feminists = fat. It destroys any seriousness of purpose." Yiannopoulos goes on to criticise contemporary feminism as "merely a capitalist con-job – a money-grab designed to sell T-shirts to Taylor Swift and Beyoncé fans with asinine slogans". "Um ... like your MILO SWAG?" the editor responds.

Ivers's evident exasperation becomes clear by page 84, where Yiannopoulos's call for lesbians to be thrown out of academia altogether simply elicits the all-upper-case comment: "DELETE UGH."

Of course, you're right, none of what he writes should be dismissed, just because he's so shit:

https://twitter.com/JamilSmith/status/946448223211622400

QuoteThe publisher knew who Yiannopoulos was when they gave him a $255,000 advance. The editor's brutal comments are somewhat entertaining, but none of this should distract from the fact that they sought to make his bigotry both digestible and marketable.

itsfredtitmus

milo? in the end of 2017? gotta be joking like!

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: madhair60 on July 11, 2017, 09:34:41 AM
Yes he is a beautiful, beautiful creature. I love him, even though he is arguably the worst human being alive.
Isn't though
Do you also find pewdiepie handsome?

Paul Calf

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on December 29, 2017, 05:22:22 AM
Isn't though
Do you also find pewdiepie handsome?

He's young. That's enough for most men. There's probably something of the lure of the forbidden too.

It worked with Anne Coulter and Louise Mensch too.

madhair60

itsfredtitmus

"rich young flamboyant man" checklist

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: madhair60 on December 29, 2017, 10:03:08 AM
He's let himself go now.

He's burned himself out, focussing all his efforts into making this manuscript the best it could possibly be.

Buelligan

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on December 29, 2017, 10:04:05 AM
"rich young flamboyant man" checklist

Are they "men" though, are they?  They seem like children to me - I'm not talking about physical age.

The thought that many people in normal society consider them leaders in some way gives me concern, I have to admit.

madhair60

Milo fucked up with that paedophile shit. Alienated his core audience of self-loathing paedophiles.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

He showed such promise when he was in The Tweenies

ajsmith2

He's a 2016 nostalgia act. I can see him touring the same college circuit in 2036 on a package tour with other alt light stars of yesteryear doing a cuddlier version of his current routine to limited response. Staged invasion by the original Trigglypuff at selected dates.

Buelligan

Quote from: ajsmith2 on December 29, 2017, 10:22:49 AM
He's a 2016 nostalgia act. I can see him touring the same college circuit in 2036 on a package tour with other alt light stars of yesteryear doing a cuddlier version of his current routine to limited response. Staged invasion by the original Trigglypuff at selected dates.

itsfredtitmus

wonder what pjw will be doing in 2036