Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FAVOURITE MORRIS NAME

Started by djrodderz, November 21, 2004, 09:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A toss-up between Sir Hugh Maharggs and Judy Lehewuttwohen.

Oh, and Douglas Trochs (is that they way its spelt? He only prnounces it).

Bugger it. There's so many brilliant ones- evidenced by the way each reply has surfaced with new names.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "WoShade"I liked Sophie Valve, spelt with about 20 letters. It looked Dutch.
Yeah, we used to have a poster on here who used it as their login name.

Sophie Vhaljjbe, something like that?

Neil

Quote from: "shanghorn"Alan Partridge!

This might be useful, I seem to remember the actual origins of the name are discussed therein.

Aaaah, Rabbi Lionel Blue is a real person, silly me.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "Neil"Clint Rimmer

That's VLS isn't it? From the Vatican Radio phone call. Or did Morris use it as well?

Can we try and piece together the complete Thank God It's Satireday credits? This would be easier with a copy of the tape, but from memory:

Larkagin Babs
Gintilly Roundabout
Terese and Tommy Territory
Benpole Bambendy
Len and Barry Harribean
Engelbert Impromptu
Massingbird Massingbird
Dick Hickory
Simeon Sameon
Christ
La-di-da Hardcastle
Fact Portugal

Who else?

Neil

Ah, busted.  It's just the way he spells it out and all that gets me.  The Brian Veltcher bit is one of my absolute favourite prank calls, it (along with CM's "Emma Freud's Guitar Progress" or perhaps his Shaun Ryder interview) never fails to reduce me to a giggling heap.

Hmm will this work phonetically?  

"A Chayz what?  I think you mean a Chez Long You Ez."

Sort of, so now I can also do this just for the hell of it:

"Rad E Ot EM E's"

Oh gosh, time to try sleeping again.

Neil

I dug my OTH disc out earlier, so I suppose it'd be rude not to help with the list before I go.  I've used your list and added to it, if someone wants to add corrections to what I've got here then fire away, but it sounds fine to me.  Can't be arsed with slowing down the mp3 to check though.

Larkagin Babs
Gingerly Roundabouts
Polly Pantomime
Stephen Hole-hoisery
Peru
Dick Hickory
Simeon Sameon
Beanbow(l?) Bowel-bendy
Lynn and Barry Harribean

Newslines by:
Melton Stitt
Massingbird Massingbird
Engelbert Impromptu
Gary Riot
Keith Boo-ha-ha
Christ
La-di-da Hardcastle
Fact Portugal

Aah, I do like comedy names, some of the GLR ones use language really nicely with all these rhythms and rhymes and the like.  The GLR shows definitely have some of his best amusing names.

neveragain

Quote from: "Neil"Fact Portugal

...which is also the name of the company that produced Tony Ferrino: Who and Why?: A Quest. If you were interested in some Coogan-crypting. The phrase '...it's ace' also appears a number of times out of the mouth of the dubbed Ferrino professor, and was originally from the end of the OTH Party Political Broadcast sketch. Why did no-one seem to like Tony Ferrino? I always thought it was an exemplary work, spot-on in every respect. Although, I have heard some people argue that too much time was spent on that detail at the expense of the laughs. Is that how everyone else feels about it? Always puzzled me. But anyway! Names.

Pheona Haahlam
Donnnald Beth'l'hem
Gloriora Paymaster
Judy Lehewuttwohen 'Luton'
Condublasney 'Corin' Piper
Rosie May ('and one day, you know, I think she will *chuckle*')

djrodderz

from oth ....

Santas Boyfriend

Keith

Bishop Thumpety-Thump

I Am A Horse

Bobby Davro Snooker Experience

hehehe

Neil

alan strang

Here's something interesting. Around the time of Brass Eye there was this niggling little 'opinion' within certain sections of the comedy industry that (and I'm quoting a famous Brass Eye actor here) "the age of the silly comedy character name is dead". And certain people (including said actor) felt that Chris Morris was letting himself down badly by insisting on using them.

I suspect that all this really meant was that the Vic Reeves device of giving mundane names to ridiculous characters - eg 'Glen Mitchell' for that talking dog on 'Big Night out' - had finally sunk in (albeit years after the event).

How about:

Milldon Nippelcream
Frilledy Waistsplendour
Suckmaster Burstingfoam

(None of the above are Morris names but I bet he'd find them very familiar!)

j4m3x

The ever elegant

Collaterlie Sisters

is missing!

DrGreggles

Hecate

Can't remember the exact words but

"I'd just like to say that I listen to you every day and have agreed with everything you've said before 10 o'clock. Yours Jeremy Chumfattee, Papua New Guinea"

That blue jam sketch where he's just dialling random numbers and expecting to get through "Yes, it's 487632 .. 8, or something like that"

He goes "Come on, you must know Philip ... Philip DeGray, he's the senior partner"

So simple and stupid but it caught me off guard, that sketch is like a slowly expanding puddle of petrol and it just takes a little, barely flickering match like that in the middle to set it all off.

Rizla

sevendaughters

waynew

Chollis Ketteridge.

He worked at the record shop called Hot Biscuits.
Tragic story...

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: depressed beyond tablets on November 23, 2004, 02:35:59 AM
David Compression. from thee.. eh.. long line of compressions..., yes that's the one

+1

cliggg

Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan

I physically can't say that name out loud. I'm never able to finish it because I start laughing. It pops into my head regularly and i either laugh or try to suppress laughing if I'm with people then I have to explain why I suddenly started smiling.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The US ones are always fun:

FADANOID with Chuck Fadanoid
Dekkadeeka Dekkadade
Alabaster Codify
Balb Cubrox
Refinery Rocksand (appears as the writer of a newspaper article)
Travis Daveley
Romo Metaxxas
Rubeglia Palliativa
Honolee Dolholly

McChesney Duntz

One from OTH that always makes me laugh out loud: Conan Batterschrist.

studpuppet

My kids play Sims and log on to the Origin website using my original EA account name: Dean_Dorsey

Clownbaby

Another vote for Dekkadeeka Dekkadade. I wish that was my name.

Suzanzee Woola-Koopus (SP?)

There's also.another one that I always forget and then I hear it and it always catches me.off guard, I'll have to watch Brass eye again and listen out for it cause I'm sure it's from that

græskar

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 23, 2004, 03:39:39 PM
A toss-up between Sir Hugh Maharggs and Judy Lehewuttwohen.

Oh, and Douglas Trochs (is that they way its spelt? He only prnounces it).

Bugger it. There's so many brilliant ones- evidenced by the way each reply has surfaced with new names.

I was trying to remember why I found Sir Hugh Maharggs so funny 14 years ago, and its the way Gina McKee pronounces the whole thing as one, like he's some crusty old mythical beast 'Serhumahargs'.

Bhazor

Might be a Brooker name but the name Jonathon Yeah? remains the funniest part of Nathan Barley.

bgmnts

Honestly can't get funnier than Ted Maul for me.

Clownbaby

How could I forget Sukie Bapswent

Kryton