Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

An SE question regarding gig reviews.

Started by Vermschneid Mehearties, February 17, 2004, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermschneid Mehearties

I'm going to quite a few gigs this year, and I'm just wondering whether it's the done thing to post a review of the gig on here.

Thanks.

imitationleather

Sure, why not? Although, to get a discussion going, end the review with a '?' so it looks like one giant question that we can all answer at length.

TraceyQ

Gig reviews are a marvellous idea. Go for your life!

european son

it'll be boss.... if i can be rude and have one rule though....

no marks out of ten or five or whatever. i hate that.

Rats

Why not ask whats his face if he can put them in his magazine thingy, I think that's the kind of stuff he's looking for. Just ask around untill what I said makes sense, I'm no good with names and whatchamucallits.

european son

Quote from: "Rats"Why not ask whats his face if he can put them in his magazine thingy, I think that's the kind of stuff he's looking for. Just ask around untill what I said makes sense, I'm no good with names and whatchamucallits.

erm... i remember the zine was called Numb if that helps

and a quick search later...

here's the thread.

it's hoverdonkey's baby

Vermschneid Mehearties

Actually that's an ace idea. I'll PM him with this link (unless people already have done).

I'm quite surprised it hasn't been done yet, though I just about remember Tracey posting some gig review style stuff.

Cheers for the approval anyway, I'll report back when I've been to see 'Keane' live. After that, I'm going to see The Orb, Bluetech, The Libertines and possibly Primal Scream.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Pah, Keane.

They're the indie-Elton John (they even did a cover of "Your Song" when I saw them play a free lunchtime gig in my union last Friday).

Although I do quite like a lot of Elton John's earlier material.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Yeah. I'm a bit tentative about it, though it's surprising how enjoyable gigs with bands you're sure you don't like can be. We'll see.

So are Keane very piano-y? I've got their single which is fairly mediocre. I assumed the piano was just for that song and they wouln't be centering their music around it.

Reminded me of a slightly fuller-sounding Aqualung actually.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Yeah. I'm a bit tentative about it, though it's surprising how enjoyable gigs with bands you're sure you don't like can be. We'll see.

So are Keane very piano-y? I've got their single which is fairly mediocre. I assumed the piano was just for that song and they wouln't be centering their music around it.

Reminded me of a slightly fuller-sounding Aqualung actually.

They dont use guitars, it's drums, piano and erm.. something.
Either V. good band or a crap Ben Folds Five.

Not decided yet. My seven year old son likes them.

Des Nilsen

I thought I ought to link this just because, this seems the best place for it...

Motorhead will be playing a gig at the Royal Opera House.

I've long been intrigued by their one-time Guinness world record for 'loudest band' - how did this come about?
I mean, was it stadium-level PA times ten? And when was this performance or run of performances at their loudest?

I'd like to see them play.

-

easytarget

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"I've long been intrigued by their one-time Guinness world record for 'loudest band' - how did this come about?
I mean, was it stadium-level PA times ten? And when was this performance or run of performances at their loudest?

-

This interested me too, a few minutes with Google only  turned up claims to this record from other bands including Deep Purple, The Who, Manowar, Belle and Sebastian etc.

I couldn't find any techy details of scientists with ear defenders and decible meters sadly.