Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Stop moaning about us moaning, buy a Switch and get on board with the moaning.

Bazooka

Far from doomed, they are just thick and greedy when it comes to online.

Consignia

NES GAMES!

Some curated indie games would have been nice, like Vita and the early days of the PS4 for PS+.

Bhazor

You'll still need to use a smart phone app for voice chat.

Jesus christ.

They just don't give a fuck do they? I was hoping the paid online meant they would at least have some money men involved pushing for some basic functionality. I mean online is worth billions in pure profit and its essentially the only thing keeping the Xbox division profitable. Yet Nintendo are doing their hardest to make sure no one would want to use it. There has to be someone on the board who is thinking this is a bad idea.

madhair60

It's the very endo for Nintendo.

brat-sampson

They'll drop Pokemon and Smash by the end of 2018, both with heavy competitive online and there won't be a single Switch owner without a sub.

As such, everyone will have cloud saves, NES games, races, smashes, Punches, Splat-fests, the lot. All smiles, £18 for a year. No worries.

Beagle 2

What's with the enigmatic "plus ten titles"?

Just realised that this is actually quite cool and I'll be able to play NES on the sofa with the wife without fucking about with twelve foot long cables.

Mango Chimes

It'd be good if they put old games back inside Animal Crossing. Yeah, you can play Super Mario World, but only in your gaming basement, and only if you trade a lamp for it with a sheep.

Phil_A

Repackaging the same batch of NES titles they've been flogging across multiple platforms for the last decade is a complete joke at this point, especially if they're just sticking with the same painfully slow rollout of old games as on the other systems(the 3DS being the worst offender, what a waste of time that Virtual Console was).

Bhazor

Quote from: Mango Chimes on May 08, 2018, 09:37:22 PM
It'd be good if they put old games back inside Animal Crossing. Yeah, you can play Super Mario World, but only in your gaming basement, and only if you trade a lamp for it with a sheep.

I remember that in the Gamecube Animal Crossing. Back before they realised they could sell them at $6 a pop. Though even in Animal Crossing some games were only available if you bought a special card in real life.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/NES_Games

MjjW

I don't want to play NES games anymore. But I do want to save my hundred hour epics. If you stop paying you lose your backup saves? That doesn't feel right.

Jobey

Why would I want an NES game on my Switch?
Get Fallout on this thing FFS.

madhair60

You bought a Nintendo console, you're getting NES games

Bhazor

Ariana Grande to debut her new single on Jimmy Fallon using Nintendo Labo instruments.

Ariana's custom Labia triangle solo, alright.

Beagle 2

I like Sky Rogue a lot, it's fun and addictive. Not much there for your £15, but hey, I've can see me coming back to it a lot.

Great review mate cheers brother.

Bhazor

Quote from: Bhazor on May 14, 2018, 04:55:30 PM
Ariana Grande to debut her new single on Jimmy Fallon using Nintendo Labo instruments.

Full video now up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6lY1GXTu5M&feature=youtu.be

Song not about a bruised cervix this time. Shame, that would be a fun image for Nintendo.

Beagle 2

Upgrading my Sky Rogue review to "fucking brilliant" lads. Kind of like a 3D Luftrausers. Well, maybe not as good as that, but I'm definitely better at it.

Also, why isn't Luftrausers on Switch?

Jobey

Any played Banner Saga?

asids

I finally got a Switch! Don't actually have any games for it except Super Sidekicks which I bought for six quid, but hey ho. I'll get a proper game eventually.

My only complaint is that Nintendo force you to stick a set amount of funds in rather than being able to buy things individually for their actual price. I thought we'd left that Microsoft Points shit behind.

Taking a look at the eShop there's some good games coming out soon, like the Crash N'Sane trilogy. And ports of Gunbird 2 and Ikaruga, which make me very happy.

Twed

Quote from: asids on May 21, 2018, 05:11:06 PM
My only complaint is that Nintendo force you to stick a set amount of funds in rather than being able to buy things individually for their actual price. I thought we'd left that Microsoft Points shit behind.
Nah, if you go through the checkout process they will give you an option to add the exact funds to your account.

Beagle 2

Yeah, you've made a right dick of yourself there.

Welcome.

asids

Quote from: Twed on May 21, 2018, 05:12:32 PM
Nah, if you go through the checkout process they will give you an option to add the exact funds to your account.

Absolutely dunced it.

Bhazor

God. I hope you die, mate. Fucks sake.

madhair60

Almost unbelievable stupidity

asids

Cheers lads, that's me sold my Switch now.

Kelvin

Now throw yourself in a pit.

Twed

I'm still so fucking angry about this. I tried to make it look like I wasn't bothered, like I was just helping, but I just want to spit on the fucker. I haven't done a thing since Monday, I've just been fuming about this.

Kelvin

After months of fuck all, we're finally getting some noteworthy stuff on Switch again. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is great (even if you all ignored my thread, you bastards), and next week we have Just Shapes and Beats, that really cool Rhythm game they showed in the last Nindie Showcase. Then Mario Tennis: Aces in a couple of weeks, then Wolfenstein 2 a week after that.

I also tried that Sushi Strikers demo today. It's quite good fun, and surprisingly well presented, with (animated) anime cutscenes, and an actual plot. Another game I might consider buying if it wasn't so stupidly priced.