Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:04:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

I will stake fifty pounds on Madhair liking Kirby more than Mario, the silly sod.

Bhazor

Iconoclasts is great. A little short maybe but a real treat.

madhair60

I am astonished at how many fucking indies this thing has. Good ones, too.

Twed

God finally you obstinate loaf

madhair60

I massively recommend the Orzly grip for handheld use, costs about a tenner, I always use it now, well more comfy.

Pro Controller is pricey but takes a humongous dump on the Joycons in the grip. One of the most comfortable pads ever.

madhair60

Not arsed slotting all the fiddles in and out. Undocked it is. "Want to play Mario Kart?" fuck no suck a dick

Swoz_MK

Bought a Switch with Zelda at the weekend. Today I see Night Trap is available. Nice timing.

madhair60

Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, Kirby, Gorogoa, Azure Striker Gunvolt and Hollow Knight so far. Might get BOTW and start over on Switch.

Mario hasn't clicked with me yet. I think my long train ride this Friday will facilitate that.

I think Odyssey feels a bit cluttered on handheld but my mate played a hundred hours that way and he never even touched it docked. I still think I'm right though.

Consignia

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 15, 2018, 12:39:01 PM
I think Odyssey feels a bit cluttered on handheld but my mate played a hundred hours that way and he never even touched it docked. I still think I'm right though.

I've hardly used my bugger docked. Mario is still magical.

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on August 15, 2018, 11:41:46 AM
Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, Kirby, Gorogoa, Azure Striker Gunvolt and Hollow Knight so far. Might get BOTW and start over on Switch.

Mario hasn't clicked with me yet. I think my long train ride this Friday will facilitate that.

I didn't like Mario at first. In fact, as the Mario Odessey thread shows, I actively disliked it, initially. I really started getting into it after the desert level, though, I seem to remember.

madhair60

Incidentally Boston Crab, your South Africa shopping advice has saved me about 15-20 quid so far. cheers.

Good stuff, glad to hear it. No worries.

Night Trap and Gone Home out next week. I played the latter, decent but will never replay it. Night Trap I always wanted to play so I could safely live out what dwelt in my imagination without multiple consecutive life sentences, but I'm more of a mechanics guy these days.

Dark Souls out October 19th, or thereabouts. It's a pity it's been so long delayed but I'll be getting it whenever.

falafel

Ferris

I really enjoyed Gone Home. If it's cheap, I recommend you give it a go.

Completed in a single collab run with Mrs Ferris.

brat-sampson

There's a Monster Hunter Generations demo out now too. I also completely forgot about Flipping Death (I quite liked Stick it to the Man) and that Okami drop.

During the 'summer drought' the Switch eShop has been an absolute flood of excellent stuff. Sod only having Smash and Pokemon 4 Beginners as major releases, this thing still has more than enough to last me the rest of the year on its own. Picking up Super Mario Party and The World Ends With You for certain as well.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 14, 2018, 10:21:02 PM
Pro Controller is pricey but takes a humongous dump on the Joycons in the grip. One of the most comfortable pads ever.

Yeah, possibly it's even better than the PS4 controller. Brilliant and almost worth the £60 or whatever it costs.

gmoney

Are there any deals about for this? The best I've seen is in PC world for £299 plus a game. Is that alright?

Bhazor

Take a shot for every use of Rogue.

brat-sampson

Yeah, pretty much. Prison Architect and Bad North out now, Morphies Law this evening. Bunch of other pixels, cards and rogue-lites later this year.

Nothing on the next Shovel Knight expansion.

Crabwalk

Quote from: Kelvin on August 15, 2018, 01:02:00 PM
I didn't like Mario at first. In fact, as the Mario Odessey thread shows, I actively disliked it, initially. I really started getting into it after the desert level, though, I seem to remember.

I put it down after the sand level, about 5 months ago, and have never been tempted to pick it back up. So that's interesting...

Hecate

Slay The Spire is excellent. Yes, I hate card games too, trust me.

Kelvin

Quote from: Crabwalk on August 20, 2018, 01:46:52 PM
I put it down after the sand level, about 5 months ago, and have never been tempted to pick it back up. So that's interesting...

I didn't like the camera, or the way certain creatures and moves controlled, initially. I still don't, in certain ways, but it did get better once I got used to those frustrations. Certainly, I think the core game is extremely good, and worth persevering with. I might even consider it my favourite 3D Mario, taken as an overall package. More refined than the leaner Mario 64, better supporting content than the Galaxy games. Lots of cool set pieces later in the game, too.

Kelvin

Quote from: brat-sampson on August 20, 2018, 01:02:31 PM
Shadow drop Indies highlight reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNUSrhEEvL0

Why is she talking like a host of CBeebies?

Edit: Everspace looks amazing! Real rogue squadron vibes. Anyone played It on other consoles?

gabrielconroy

Quote from: gmoney on August 19, 2018, 10:28:36 AM
Are there any deals about for this? The best I've seen is in PC world for £299 plus a game. Is that alright?

I'd also like to know this.

Another thing I'd like the opinion of the threadsages on is whether it's better at this stage to wait for the updated second version of the Switch that my friend told me is happening sometime early next year. It's completely possible he doesn't know what he's talking about, though.

Kelvin

He doesn't. No such thing has ever been announced, although people are always pining for one. If one does ever happen - and it might - i'm sure it will be a way off.