Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hecate

Quote from: Kelvin on August 20, 2018, 11:55:18 PMEdit: Everspace looks amazing! Real rogue squadron vibes. Anyone played It on other consoles?

I remember playing the beta on pc, it didn't do anything for me, it was all a bit slow and boring, repetitive in a bad way, gameplay doesn't seem to have changed much.

colacentral

Quote from: Crabwalk on August 20, 2018, 01:46:52 PM
I put it down after the sand level, about 5 months ago, and have never been tempted to pick it back up. So that's interesting...

Bit late commenting but I second Kelvin. I felt like I was just willing myself to enjoy it as much as everyone else, up until a particular set piece in New Donk City, after which I was fully on board. The post-game (and by that I mean 80% of the game as a whole, if not more), is where much of the fun is to be had. Though I'd probably really enjoy the beginning of the game more now if I went back and redid it.

Bhazor

If anyone else starts talking shit about Mario I'm start talking shit about your mums.

Diablo 3 coming to Switch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=pDf4J42Otbo
Endearingly shit trailer. Also get a glimpse of Reggie's growing bald spot.

madhair60

I'm pretty much fully won over by this thing now. I use it almost exclusively as a handheld, mind. But what a handheld. I'm already at the point where I'm ignoring deep sales on PS4 games I want that I know are coming to Switch.

Bhazor

Another Nindies direct on the 28th August

I'm finally bored shitless of the Switch. Unsubscribed from all the YT and Twitter shit. Uninstalled all but thirty games and I'm looking at them going...nah...nah...nah...nah...nah...Feel like I only want to play them because I've bought them. Honestly, there's nothing there to compare to catching a fish on the fly up to your chest in white water. I've wasted so much time and so much money.

Consignia

"The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long."

DocDaneeka

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 25, 2018, 02:14:10 PM
I'm finally bored shitless of the Switch. Unsubscribed from all the YT and Twitter shit. Uninstalled all but thirty games and I'm looking at them going...nah...nah...nah...nah...nah...Feel like I only want to play them because I've bought them. Honestly, there's nothing there to compare to catching a fish on the fly up to your chest in white water. I've wasted so much time and so much money.

Send me any physical game copies you have. Only going 100% cold turkey is going to work for you.

One of the biggest regrets of the last decade is going all digital on the Switch. My account is worth about four grand. Real life value - nil. I still like some games but I would have probably got just as much entertainment from the system if I'd only ever bought ten games, rather than two hundred and fifty or something stupid. It's like that moment of clarity that alkies or druggies talk about. Either way, I guess I had some great fun and some amazing fun but that was probably less than five percent and less than one percent respectively. I might be speaking a bit harshly but I certainly let gaming take up far too much of my down time and recreation. Need to keep that shit in moderation again like I used to.

Kelvin

See you in 12 months, after you've spent four grand on fishing equipment, barbecue aprons, and a bumper sticker that reads 'Fishermen bait with their mates.'

I just need another proper Direct and some first party shit to rejuvenate my interest. I could give a fuck about 99% of indies at this point.

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 25, 2018, 03:01:03 PM
One of the biggest regrets of the last decade is going all digital on the Switch. My account is worth about four grand. Real life value - nil. I still like some games but I would have probably got just as much entertainment from the system if I'd only ever bought ten games, rather than two hundred and fifty or something stupid. It's like that moment of clarity that alkies or druggies talk about. Either way, I guess I had some great fun and some amazing fun but that was probably less than five percent and less than one percent respectively. I might be speaking a bit harshly but I certainly let gaming take up far too much of my down time and recreation. Need to keep that shit in moderation again like I used to.
When your accountant asks you about your current investment portfolio, simply slam your Switch down on his desk.

In the back of my mind, I'm amassing an amazing curated collection for the day I give it away and the recipient scrolls through the dashboard and ejaculates on the spot. And the recipient is Elisabeth Shue :(

Twed

You know how she spent Back to the Future II unconscious? Her reaction would be similar to that.

Kelvin

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 25, 2018, 03:24:56 PM
I just need another proper Direct and some first party shit to rejuvenate my interest. I could give a fuck about 99% of indies at this point.

I'm generally in agreement. Nintendo dropped the ball this year, by basically repeating their Wii U mistakes all over again. If it wasn't for the fact that last year was so good, and there are still a bunch of games in my backlog, I'd probably be in a similar spot to yourself. This year's line-up has been very underwhelming.

brat-sampson

Main 1st party lineup, yeah. I mean, nothing could really compare to BotW and Odyssey in one year but what we have instead is... zip.

Having said that, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Overcooked etc and the rest of the Indie Deluge have still meant that the Switch has been probably my most played console of the year, though it hasn't helped that other than God of War, the rest of the gaming landscape has been relatively bleak imo but is packed to the brink of its very gills from September onwards, with the Switch being excluded from almost all of it.
I might end up getting Super Mario Party, but that's it. Can't really compare to DQXI, Spiderman, Red Dead, Assassins Creed and the rest.

Bhazor

Well Dragon Quest 11 is coming to the Switch. It's just it'll probably be next year.

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/dragon-quest-xi-for-switch-progressing-smoothly-announcement-possibly-set-for-tgs-2018

QuoteRegarding the Nintendo Switch version, Horii said, "I can't really speak about it, but it is progressing smoothly."

Horii also remarked, "I have a feeling we'll have a variety of announcements around TGS, but just how much will we say..." hinting that there will be an announcement regarding the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI around Tokyo Game Show 2018, which runs from September 20 to 23.

A week from September and still no solid details about the Online service. Not even a launch date.

Bhazor

Nindies Showcase - Part two

http://live.nintendo.com/

Recap of Announcements

Hyper Light Drifter

Sep 6th

TowerFall

Sep 27th

Treasure Stack

Winter 2018

Zarvot

Oct 2018

Mineko's Night Market

Early 2019

Console exclusive

Samarui Gunn 2

Exclusive 2019

Bullet Age

Nov 2018

The World Next Door

Early 2019

Levelhead

Nov 2018

King of the Hat

Early 2019

Untitled Goose Game

Early 2019

Desert Child

Dec 2018

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Sep 13th

Bastion

Sep 13th

The Messenger

Aug 30th

Undertale

Sep 18th

Jackbox Party Pack 5

Oct 2018

Transistor

Nov 2018

Dragon Marked for Death

Dec 13th

Light Fingers

Sep 20th

Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP

Oct 2018

Into the Breach

Released

I passed your post under UV light. Thanks, very informative.

That Nindies showcase had some good looking games, all seems well made and so on and a year ago I would have been pretty excited by a handful but now, I just see how conservative, derivative and cookie cutter even indie games have become. Absolutely nothing there that stands out in any way.

I heard ITB is very good but I've never clicked with strategy games. I always assumed they were for kids who didn't have a NES but who played games on their dad's work IBM computer and were a bit malco. I kept that prejudice to this day and I would back it up any time you like. Liverpool St Station. Have you got the minerals?

Bhazor

Into the Breach is great. Much more of a puzzle game than a strategy game.

Saw it's a fiver on the SA eShop so it's worth that just so I can say it's shit from experience. Hopefully this will convert me to strategy games. I'll be playing MHGU if I'm playing any games before Dark Souls, but good to have it there for the occasional shit.

Kelvin

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 29, 2018, 08:16:39 AM
I passed your post under UV light. Thanks, very informative.

That Nindies showcase had some good looking games, all seems well made and so on and a year ago I would have been pretty excited by a handful but now, I just see how conservative, derivative and cookie cutter even indie games have become. Absolutely nothing there that stands out in any way.

It's not just you, I felt the exact same way. Not one game that interested me, bar maybe Hyperlight Drifter. First Nindies event that hasn't contained a single game that caught my eye.

Jobey

They all look shit. Shame.

Bhazor

Hey if you don't like Mineko's Night Market cat farm sim then I'd say hand back your donor card because your heart would be no use to anyone.

Quote from: Kelvin on August 29, 2018, 01:57:21 PM
It's not just you, I felt the exact same way. Not one game that interested me, bar maybe Hyperlight Drifter. First Nindies event that hasn't contained a single game that caught my eye.

HLD is a really good game, but there have been a wealth of similar released in its stead which have improved or expanded on the formula. In my opinion. It's not an enormous improvement on Kamiko, for example, and Dead Cells cribbed its aesthetic and basic controls and made a more interesting game out of it.

Twed

If "Untitled Goose Game" didn't seem worth investigating, please watch this teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVNwqbH0kA

This has made me laugh so fucking much.

Consignia

Awesome, looking forward to Untitled Goose Game. Chuffed it's making it to the Switch too!

Bhazor

Smash Ultimate Bundle Leaked

Even more impressive is the leaked price

Beagle 2

I'm a sucker for games that were initially developed as viral marketing opportunities and so am quite excited about Untitled Goose Game. It does look fun, like.

Fry

I'm finally getting my fucking switch within the next 3 weeks and I'm so excited I could cum. I've wanted one since release and it's finally happening AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Sorry doesn't add anything to the thread but i'm excited. Thinking of starting off with Zelda, Mario and Celeste. Should tide me over a few months that, right?