Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Your enthusiasm adds a lot of warmth to the thread Fry, and that's always good. I'm excited for you to get it.

Hecate

Fry, if you didn't have a wii-u, get mario kart, it's all kinds of amazing.

Kelvin

Quote from: Fry on August 31, 2018, 04:04:34 AM
I'm finally getting my fucking switch within the next 3 weeks and I'm so excited I could cum. I've wanted one since release and it's finally happening AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Sorry doesn't add anything to the thread but i'm excited. Thinking of starting off with Zelda, Mario and Celeste. Should tide me over a few months that, right?

Good stuff. Zelda and Mario are musts. Celeste is a very good game, although if you have someone else to play with, Mario Kart 8 might be a good bet, too.

If your looking for an indie title, instead, Celeste or Steamworld Dig are different, but equally good imo. I might actually prefer Steamworld Dig, as Celeste fizzles out a bit towards the end. And that's assuming you've played older games like Binding of Isaac and Shovel Knight, which are also among the best Indie games available.

Just a few suggestions, anyway, in case you wanted to shop around before the Switch arrives. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Zelda. I've just started the Hard Mode, and it's still easily my favourite game in years and years.

I can do a full review of my Switch library on request. I can't be clear enough about this, though, I will only be able to do it on request.

Kelvin

Not sure how much use a review of 167 first levels will be, Bosto.  :)

Hecate

I'm equal parts wanting you to do it and worrying for your mental health.

Have you just woken up or are you still up?
No offence to my fellow vampires, I'm sure you'll agree it's a pertinent question.

I tried to recommend 5 games to glebe in the batman thread, got through one and had to be sick in the garden.

Fry

It's kind of pathetic but my girlfriend has had one for 3 months but I've refused to touch it because the only games she has are Zelda and Hollow Knight. I knew I was getting my own one soon and I didn't want to spoil the excitement for myself by playing the first few hours of Zelda when I could just do it all fresh on my very own system.

She hasn't got Mario Kart so that might be a good one to get. Is there co-op on Monster Hunter? I remember playing that on PSP with my mate ages ago and it was brilliant, teaming up to take on big fuck off dragons together.

Hecate

Still fuming that girlfriend didn't get a pc port.

I edited your post to make me feel better.

Quote from: Fry on August 31, 2018, 05:12:37 AM
pathetic girlfriend I've refused to touch because I didn't want to spoil the excitement for myself, do it all fresh on my very own system.

brat-sampson

Monster Hunter's almost designed for Co-op, though you'll probably need a copy each.

I got my gf playing MK8 and Overcooked and she loved it, because they both work with 1 joycon each. If yours has her own console already though, options get much wider.

Hecate

Quote from: brat-sampson on August 31, 2018, 06:53:49 AM
Monster gf, Overcooked, she loved it, much wider.

Yeah, that one, I'll have that one.

Hecate

Can I just seriously say that I don't feel like girlfriend is "technology" appropriate?
It genuinely feels antagonistic like you're rubbing it in my face and pulling my hair and calling me a bitch and spitting in my mouth and sticking a finger up my arse and making me smell it.

Quote from: Hecate on August 31, 2018, 05:07:50 AM
I'm equal parts wanting you to do it and worrying for your mental health.

Have you just woken up or are you still up?
No offence to my fellow vampires, I'm sure you'll agree it's a pertinent question.

Just woken up, I'm afraid. After time off for fishing and funerals, I'm back to the grind - and I'm not talking about Monster Hunter hahaha!!!

I have a stupid train journey this morning so I'll be working on the library review, despite Kevin's wounding and completely accurate zinger.

Fryman, if you ever want to co-hunt some Monsters with yours truly, I'd be up for that. In this context and this context only, I would also happily join you and your girlfriend in a MMF scenario. I'll be the one with the massive hammer.

Hecate

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 31, 2018, 07:44:18 AM
Just woken up, I'm afraid.

I'm instantly 25% less attracted to you, if that makes you feel any better.

brat-sampson

ok, will be more considerate and replace gf w/ 'friend whose really not into games but and sometimes they rub it in my face and pull my hair and call me a bitch and spit in my mouth and stick a finger up my arse and make me smell it. do play Mario Kart.'

madhair60

Fry, it's really fucking good hardware in the way Nintendo stuff usually isn't. There's nowt that will make you go "well, where's this basic fucking feature"? Really happy with mine.

Splatoon 2 is on sale so I bought it. No idea what I'm doing. Motion controls straight the fuck off. For a horrifying moment I thought they were mandatory and I'd just wasted my money.

Bhazor

New Toy Con kit. The excitingly named "Vehicle Kit".

It actually looks really good, way better than the first two kits. A big open world driving game with cars submarines and planes. With rally, races, monster hunts so on and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJgQWOlbLnM

I still don't understand why they're so afraid of including Nintendo IPs in the games. The generic artwork they use just looks so bland, a bit more personality in this one at least.

I've had quite a lot of requests via PM to review my entire Switching library. One brief thing you should note about my patented review system is that it updates in real time so I don't want anyone saying oh you already reviewed this and changed your mind you put a different review.

FUCK OFF games change, the genre change, my feelings change, the mainstream change. You have to accept that before I do any reviews.

gmoney

You're doing God's work.

Kelvin

New Direct coming tomorrow.

DocDaneeka

Pikmin 4! Pikmin 4! Pikmin 4!

Consignia

Kelvin

I'd quite like that Frozen game Consolevania suggested.

Hecate

Quote from: Kelvin on September 05, 2018, 11:35:04 PM
Consolevania

Poor fat Rab, I was bawling my eyes out at the end of the last one.

Kelvin

It's at 11pm UK time, for those who want to watch it live.

30+ minutes, including time dedicated to 3DS. Presumably we'll finally get a complete rundown of the online service, although I don't expect anything game changing. Just a breakdown of the classic games at launch and how they'll work online, plus the usual stuff reiterating price.

brat-sampson

It's going to be rescheduled, in respect to the recent earthquake in Hokkaido.

Quote from: Nintendo of AmericaDue to the powerful earthquake in Hokkaido, Japan, we have decided to delay this week's planned Nintendo Direct. We will provide a new time and date in the near future. Thank you for your understanding.

There was a hurricane in Honduras tweny years ago and the people there still blamed the country problems on that mightey cane. Lets hope nintendo don't look back at this earth quake and say thats when it all go wrong for us ohhhrrr nooooo :(

Hecate

Dude, 'tendo just dropped the megaton

"To all the fat westerners in skinny jeans, stepping over dying survivors, picking through the debris. Please understand, this is not an ARG, go back to your country and you will each receive an exclusive yoshi amiibo.

Consignia

It may have been delayed, but someone's hacked the eshop to find the goodies:

Looking forward to Metroid Equestrian Races, myself.

colacentral

Edit: Nevermind, obvious piss take.

Kelvin

Metroid Equestrian Races sounds good.