Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Glad you're enjoying it, Fry. What other game/s, if any, did you get in the end?

(Also, feel free to keep us updated on Zelda in the dedicated thread, I love hearing about people's experiences with that game)

Bhazor

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 14, 2018, 08:11:43 PM
A Twitter search for Cities Skylines suggests its performance makes it unplayable once your city starts to grow significantly.

Well the same can be said for the other console versions. And the PC version. Its a pretty badly optimised game at the best of times. But Collosal Order have been good at post release support so expect at least some improvement over the next month or so.

Fry

Quote from: Kelvin on September 17, 2018, 01:17:45 AM
Glad you're enjoying it, Fry. What other game/s, if any, did you get in the end?

(Also, feel free to keep us updated on Zelda in the dedicated thread, I love hearing about people's experiences with that game)
Got Mario too. Gonna see what my bank account looks like closer to the end of the month, if it's looking healthy enough I am thinking of getting Mario Kart and Celeste.

Although that's subject to change, I've been looking at the library and there's so much I want. Didn't realise Bayonetta 2 was on the switch, I fuckin loved the first one. Never got round to playing Sonic Mania, either.

madhair60

Still loving this thing, except Splatoon 2 which I cannot get on with at all. I hope it clicks with me. I just find it gross to look at and clunky to play.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: madhair60 on September 17, 2018, 03:50:42 PMand clunky to play.

Took a short while for the motion controls to click (with Splatoon 1) and now it's basically the only thing I play, and keep playing every week. So I'd stick with it. In the first game, the single player was quite a good training ground but I'm not sure that's the same with the weaker version in 2. At least stick with it until you've access to the full multiplayer modes.

Quote from: madhair60 on September 17, 2018, 03:50:42 PMjust find it gross to look at

This is mental, however. Wtf.

madhair60

Bhazor

Kelvin

Actually, I agree that Pearl (on the left) is a terrible design, but she's an exception, not the rule, imo. The world, charachters and overall early 00's aesthetic are all great, imo. 

In fairness, you have to have a pretty high IQ to appreciate Splatoon 2. Nothing personnel kid.

BritishHobo

I need to jump back into Splatoon 2. Do people get much out of Salmon Run/the Octo Expansion, or do you just mainly stick to the original stuff?

A lot of folks raved about the Octo stuff and it's supposed to get really creative and interesting later on but I could give a fuck about single player Splatoon or the Salmon Run shit for that matter. I know Mongo Chimes is into it though.

Consignia

I did kind of enjoy Octo-Expansion towards the end. The problem is, there's so very tedious challenges in it. But there are a few really fun ones. It's still Splatoon though and single player really isn't where it's at.

Salmon Run can great fun. When you really get into a flow with a great team, it's ace. Unfortunately it can also be the pits with a team of toss.

Kelvin

Yeah, I really like Salmon Run. It's pretty unbalanced at higher difficulties, and heavily reliant on you're team and weapon options being decent, but the core gameplay is really good, and an exciting way to earn money and abilities. I definitely prefer it to the single player and even a couple of the multiplayer modes.

Can I just say that I'm actually looking forward to playing NES games on my Switch. Soz if that make me a cunt.

Kelvin

Ninja Gaiden arrives on it near the end of the year, so I can forgive the other games being almost entirely shit.

madhair60

NESflix is a great idea, I'll take it

Should be up around 2am. I usually wake at 5am for work so I'll report back before you lazy bastards wake up, don't worry about it.

Fry

All my classes were cancelled yesterday (school trip), I sat in the teachers office and played Zelda all day. After work I went to the supermarket, played Zelda on the subway. Got in, laid in bed, plugged my Switch into the dock and played Zelda on my TV until midnight. The Nintendo Switch is the best thing to have ever happened to me.

I know, I know. I am still in the honeymoon period. This is old news to you all, you've had Switches for over a year. I just can't get over how fucking well it works, how good it feels to actually have a proper gaming system with you all the time without having to lug around a laptop. Playing proper, fully-fledged games anywhere you want. I have been looking forward to this for so long, how on earth does it exceed my expectations.

To get a bit more relevant, has anyone played the Megaman demo yet? I really enjoyed it, I've never really gotten in to any Megaman games before (with the significant exception of Megaman Legends on the PS1). It seems fun though. Rockman gets me rock hard, but he's going to have to wait 'cause I'm a DK man through and through and I've never played Tropical Freeze before.

Twed

That sounds like a lovely day Fry.

Great stuff, Fryman. I still love my Switch and play it every day.

You've got so much great stuff available now, excellent time to jump in.

NES stuff all works well but totally forgot they're all gashers.

Kelvin

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 19, 2018, 05:13:47 AM
NES stuff all works well but totally forgot they're all gashers.

Exactly. Super Mario Bros 2 and 3, the Megaman series, and the Ninja Gaiden series are the only games that still hold up in my view - and only one of those is available on this service on day one.

I've just moved house and won't have internet at home for a few more days, so haven't signed up yet. Do the games have rewind or multiple save slots?

Multiple suspend/save states available for each game.

I'll give SMB3 a go with the Pro Controller but the handheld buttons are too small to hold down run all the time comfortably. I heard Ice Climbers and Balloon Fight are decent but we only ever had three games as kids so never played that shite. Will give them a go later. All the sports games are ridiculously bad, total filler, redundant. Double Dragon never any good. River City Ransom is meant to be good thirty years ago but no doubt a gasher. Dr Mario is a gasher. Yoshi no idea but some shit puzzle game no doubt. Gradius is too simplistic for me. Excitebike no idea but no doubt a gasher. I'll spend a year's sub on coffee each month, though, so it's not bad value anyway. Or rather, I don't care about paying one fifty a month or whatever.

madhair60

Throw all your Nintendo toys in the fucking bin you charlatans. Get a fucking clu. Clu Land, that is!

Edit: furious about this. Utterly absurd. "The only NES games that hold up are Mario, Mega Man and Ninja Gaiden". I hate you so much.

madhair60

I am better than you. I am a better person. For the rest of my life I will look in the mirror and know that even though I am fat and ugly, at least I'm not literally completely insane wrt NES games.

madhair60

madhair60

"D-D-do they have r-r-r-rewind?" (explosively fills nappy with hot, stinking baby shit)

OK. You did it.

My next poser: Did they release any game which hasn't been improved upon or superceded on the next generation or subsequent generations?

For example, Repton 3 or FRAK!

madhair60

And there we have the reason why you will always be a fake gamer girl. Because newer, more advanced derivatives of classic games exist, you think the classics are never worth playing. No nuance, no interest in excavating and understanding archaic mechanics. Just no, I don't want to play NES Golf, I want to play EA Sports CyberTiger.

How does it feel to be absolutely wrung out? To be defeated for the first time in your entire, admittedly broadly successful life? If you just type the phrase "madhair60 is the king of the gamers" we can all move along amicably.

Kelvin

The Somme was historically significant, mate. Doesn't mean I want to sit through it again in 2018.

Certainly not without a rewind feature.