Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:05:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Gotta work late fuckin hellll fuckkkkkkkkkk

Kelvin mate please get Dark Sols

Kelvin

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 19, 2018, 07:20:25 PM
Kelvin mate please get Dark Sols

probly wil mate

looks a bit poo tho

If only so you can understand why I am the way I am. Broke in every way.

brat-sampson

I like Dark Souls, but I still won't be buying it again because I already own it. I've plenty enough other games to play while I sit outside of my room.

It is FUCKING GREAT though.

Timothy

Reviews say DS for Switch is really buggy and have a lot of sound issues. Is this true?
If so it's cheaper for PS4. Probably buy it for that.

Short answer, the Switch version is excellent, and will be the definitive version for me in future. The reviews are largely excellent so I don't know what you've been reading.

Long answer, there is some audio compression that you may notice if you're familiar with the original game and not playing in handheld. It seems to be for reasons unknown after speculation that it may have been to keep the cartridge size down. That's now thought not to be the case and hopefully it will be patched, in any case. For a newer player, you may not notice anything and plenty of experienced players have said they can't tell the difference. I can tell and I've got a decent audio setup, but it's something I've very quickly gotten used to.

Longer answer, it's the definitive vision of the original Dark Souls as intended by FROM Software. It's literally a rock solid version of the PS3 game with higher resolution textures and some UI/QoL improvements. It's an absolute triumph in the that respect and it's their ambition realised without any artistic licence or interpretation from the port team.

The PS4 remaster features new lighting and textures, both of which are arguably ugly and lifeless compared to the original. It loses some of the charm and atmosphere of the world. It runs at 60fps but that in itself means that it doesn't feel like Dark Souls, and it was never intended to run that way. It's also completely dead online and I will personally never play that version again. The 'remaster' effectively killed the existing online player base on every format. I doubt the Switch version will restore it to former glories but it's at least the authentic Dark Souls experience, just better than ever.

Beagle 2

Sod it, just picked up Dark Souls. This is the game to make me fall back in love with the Switch, right?? Or make me take it away and bury it with some gooseberries.

Thursday

Eeeeh I feel like at this point people who've never touched and don't know much about it, need to be aware it's going to be rough and janky. I mean it was even at the time, so even more so now. It transcends all that, but you're going to have a tough time with it at first.

Beagle 2

Well, I really enjoyed Skyrim until I got stuck as fuck, and everybody warned me about the jankyness of that. I didn't mind so much.

Mind you, I think you did warn me about LA Noire...

Get ready for your life to finally have meaning.

Thursday

Quote from: Beagle 2 on October 20, 2018, 12:39:39 PM
Well, I really enjoyed Skyrim until I got stuck as fuck, and everybody warned me about the jankyness of that. I didn't mind so much.

Mind you, I think you did warn me about LA Noire...

Dark Souls is brilliant though, it's just there might be a bit of a barrier getting into it.

LA Noire had the potential to be a great game, but spaffed it.

Wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't talk about it as if it was brilliant.

Beagle 2

Resident Evil 4 heading to Switch next year, which is great news for me as I've never played it. More classics like this purlease.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I've never played it either, but on Switch it'll be £50 whereas on PS4 it's probably about a tenner. Seems to be quite a recurring problem for me.

Don't be stupid. Of course it won't be fifty quid.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Forty quid then. Final offer.

It'll be £48 on the South Africa eShop.

Kelvin

It with probably be in the £25 to £30 region, which is still too much for a game that old.

On the other hand, it's one of the best games ever made, and I envy anyone who has the opportunity to experience it for the first time. It's just stand out moment after stand out moment, hit after hit after hit.

I think it'll be around the same as Resident Evil Revelations. I'm expecting a port of the slightly shit PC HD ports from a few years ago which were then slightly shittily ported to current gen consoles. I'll say eighteen quid on the SA eShop.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

We'll resume this matter when the game is released, and see who won.

OK, deal. I'll look forward to it.

BritishHobo

Fucking cracking. I do own the HD version on Steam, but my PC is far too shit to run it. Favourite game of all time, can't wait to play it in the bath.

The Switch is perfect for me to be honest, as I'm eternally behind in the video game world. I complain about there being too many re-releases, but to be honest I have never owned consoles or PCs that'll play the biggest, latest titles, so I'm quite genuinely happy playing Skyrim and Dark Souls for the first time. In ten years they'll do Red Dead Redemption on the latest Nintendo console and I'll kick my little legs with glee.

Kelvin

Final Smash Bros Direct on Novemeber 1st! Forty minutes long, so pretty hefty.

Sadly, it looks like the entire roster leaked this last week, so that will take the wind out of some of the big reveals they have. Can't wait, though. They knocked it out of the park with the Simon Belmont one.

Thursday

Can't wait for them to release this game again so they can stop fucking doing Direct's about it.

brat-sampson

Can't bloody wait. the last one sounded like it might drag on at over 20 minutes but it was one of the most well-crafted Directs they've ever done. Sakurai knows how to put on a show.

Let's a fucking go!

Kelvin

Quote from: Thursday on October 30, 2018, 05:34:56 PM
Can't wait for them to release this game again so they can stop fucking doing Direct's about it.

Stop getting Nintendo wrong!

madhair60

The roster leak was fake though right?

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on October 30, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
The roster leak was fake though right?

Looking more and more likely to be true. Although quite frankly, I think the Smash community are so desperate for it to be true, they'll bend heaven and earth to prove it. Evidence does seem to be stacking up, though - and presumably we'll know for certain in two days.

I won't give away any of the leaked characters, so people can go in unspoiled, but at least two of the new additions would be awesome. 

Can't believe the little cunt from Magic Pockets has finally made an appearance.