Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Same here! And you are probably right about MHW being more fun for me because its less difficult. For some reason the Switch version is more difficult then other older versions of MH I played.

Maybe MHW makes it more difficult to get me back into the more traditional MH games. Gonna try the game again in a few months.

Fry

My left joycon analogue stick has started pulling to the left, made me loose almost 7000 souls when I put my controller down to get a drink and my character just fucking walked off a cliff. I've read different reports about what causes it, anyone here had trouble?

Mango Chimes

Occasionally I've had the right one drifting to the right, but I've assumed it's a calibration thing – I'm usually playing in handheld, so often may have my hand on it when I wake the thing from sleep. I don't know about newfangled consoles, but it certainly used to be the case that the centre point would be set at wherever the analogue stick was when the console booted up, so if your thumb is resting on it it could be slightly offset.

madhair60

Quote from: Fry on November 14, 2018, 02:37:01 AM
My left joycon analogue stick has started pulling to the left, made me loose almost 7000 souls when I put my controller down to get a drink and my character just fucking walked off a cliff. I've read different reports about what causes it, anyone here had trouble?

I read somewhere that it is caused by being well gay.

Fry

Fixed it!

Phoned Nintendo support. They said all you have to do is desync the controllers, restart the system, and sync them up again. Then just recalibrate them and have unprotected sex with madhair's mum. Very easy solution.

Kelvin

Quote from: Fry on November 14, 2018, 11:03:56 AM
Fixed it!

Phoned Nintendo support. They said all you have to do is desync the controllers, restart the system, and sync them up again. Then just recalibrate them and have unprotected sex with madhair's mum. Very easy solution.

This better not work on mine. I recently forked out £70 for a brand new pair after 6 months of both joy cons getting progressively worse, and ultimately becoming unusable. I assumed there was dirt in them!

madhair60

You should have fucked my mum, Kelvin, you idiot!

Fry

Well that last post was a joke, that's not what I did. But I did fix it!

What I did was I took the rubber cap off the analogue stick, used a can of compressed air to blow down into it from the top. Then I lifted the rubber skirt at the base of the stick with a pair of tweezers and blew into the mechanism with the air. It took a while to get the cap of the analogue stick back on, It's quite fiddly. I had to use the tweezers and a safety pin to get it flush, and it still looks all ugly. But it works well! No control issues.

I was close to buying new joycons too, but I used the money I saved to have sex with madhair's mum. Just for good measure.

Mango Chimes

I'd never played the original Legend of Zelda before, and it's surprising how much it's like Breath of the Wild. I thought BotW was a departure, but it's actually kind of going back to its roots. Wandering for ages to find stuff, no particular order to go in, the same enemies knocking about in different colours of hardness. Dying fucking regularly.

Nintendo banged out a few vids nearer the time about specifically those influences. Worth looking up, as is the one about sound design and music.

Quote from: Fry on November 14, 2018, 03:56:34 PM
Then I lifted the rubber skirt at the base of the stick with a pair of tweezers and blew into the mechanism

I bet you did, Fry, you dirty old bollocks. I bet you fucking did.

Kelvin

Quote from: Mango Chimes on November 14, 2018, 05:32:55 PM
I'd never played the original Legend of Zelda before, and it's surprising how much it's like Breath of the Wild. I thought BotW was a departure, but it's actually kind of going back to its roots. Wandering for ages to find stuff, no particular order to go in, the same enemies knocking about in different colours of hardness. Dying fucking regularly.

I wrote this exact post in the Nintendo Online thread  :) 
It was my first time playing the original, too.

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on November 14, 2018, 03:08:37 PM
You should have fucked my mum, Kelvin, you idiot!

What, again? If it didn't work the first few times I don't see how it would help now.

Ferris

There's a new Pokémon RPG and it's kind of a remake of the first gen games?! Take my money!

Timothy

Still in doubt about it. They removed random battles with the Go throwing. And made the game much easier.

brat-sampson

It's a cute little My First Pokemon game designed to appeal to mobile Go players and people who played Red and Blue back in the day and maybe now have kids they want to share the experience with.

It'll sell gangbusters, but it's not for me.

Ferris

Will it make me young and happy again if I buy it?

Kelvin

They've said the first traditional Pokemon game on Switch is next year, this is basically a stop gap version for young gamers and Go! Players. Maybe wait until that one?

Bazooka

Because young children now are stupid and can't catch a Misingo.

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on November 17, 2018, 04:18:08 PM
Because young children now are stupid and can't catch a Misingo.

Some of them can't even spell "Missingno"

Bhazor

Some of them are so stupid they think Pokemon is better than Monster Rancher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-JO9OJdmPo

brat-sampson

Warframe's out tomorrow. I've played a ton of it on pc and it's great but confusing as fuck at first. Might make a topic tomorrow with brief newbie info, like Boston's dark souls one but not as good.

Brief review would be that if you want a grindy loot-based stylish action shooter in space with impressively deep lore if you dive in via frankly incredible quests (writing-wise) and some serious depth, you're sound.

On the other hand it is a little bit like so there's this Warframe
(read: class) you decide you want to get so you have to run the right missions enough times to win all the parts, then make sure you have the resources and credits you need to build the parts, then you build the actual frame which takes 72 hours in real time. You can speed this up with real money currency or hell just buy the frame outright, but this playing, gathering and waiting forms a fair part of the enjoyment of the game, and finally collecting it and leveling it up really can feel like you've earned it, which is great.

I kinda love it and kinda can't be arsed with getting too deep into it. On the other hand, Steam says I've played 100 hours and I've finished all of the main quests currently in the game so I don't know quite what that says...

Jim Sterling's impressions of Pokemon Let's Go:

https://youtu.be/4eEtYdWcUbg

Seems pretty much everyone is positive about the new Pokemon. I picked it up on that basis and I haven't got a damn clue what I should be doing. I've never played Pokemon before but all I'm doing is building up a chain combo. I haven't played much Switch recently so I might just build up a combo of 420 of the weed Pokemon and post it to the subreddit. Probably a million people have done that exact same thing fifteen years ago or something.

brat-sampson

Catch chains never existed before, buddy, so fill your boots.

Timothy

Amazon.de has almost all Switch games on Black Friday discount.

Bought Pokemon for 35 euros.
Mario Party for 35 euros.
Zelda for 30 euros.
Crash Bandicoot for 20 euros.

Free shipping.

Enough games for Winter!

madhair60

Me and a mate finished playing Hyrule Warriors and threw on NES Open Golf Tournament Golf as a sort of joke to wind down, got into it and ended up doing all eighteen holes, yelling at the screen throughout, pumping fists and hollering. Fucking killer app and justifies Nintendo Online by itself.

madhair60