Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
But that's the exactly thing that people like about the big cunt. He is a fucking corporate beast or he wouldn't have that job you soft cunt. The good bit is that he's also willing to play the game and take the piss out of himself a bit which is rare for such a corporocunny.

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on February 23, 2019, 06:25:33 PM
"Whhhat's goin' on everyone? Ash here, with someth-" (Closes tab)

Hahaha, I almost warned people to skip ahead because of his insipid opening. It's only 30 seconds, though.

QuoteImagine venerating the chief operating officer of a multinational consumer electronics company, though. Nintendo fans are absolute melts.

He just appeared in a lot of goofy skits sending himself up, and so people liked him. I don't think it's that weird really. NOA are basically considered to have very little say in the big Nintendo decisions, so rightly or wrongly, I don't think there's as much negative baggage around his corporate side, as there would be for someone who was thought to have had more influence.

People didn't really give a shit when the Head of Nintendo stood down last year, and I doubt they'll give a shit when the current one goes, considering he's not in the Directs. People just know and remember Fiis Amis and a handful of front facing individuals.     

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 23, 2019, 06:35:26 PM
But that's the exactly thing that people like about the big cunt. He is a fucking corporate beast or he wouldn't have that job you soft cunt. The good bit is that he's also willing to play the game and take the piss out of himself a bit which is rare for such a corporocunny.
It absolutely is not. They do this all the time, acting out their little skits somebody wrote for them to appeal to the plebs. They don't understand any of it but the core brand PR engagement factor is through the fucking roof.

But he's not bad at it. That's the thing. That's the fucking THING OBVIOUSLY. It's not a conspiracy or some collective madness that you're lucid enough to cut through with your laser beam of insight. You're just moaning about NOTHING and you don't even care about it that much

Twed

Yeah it's called a conversation ducky, that's how they work. You don't understand this because you think conversations are a platform for you to say your correct things. I'm interested in people disagreeing because they're be interesting and show how lines are blurred.

Damn never thought about it like that before just kidding

Sorry, I was raging about the rugby.

Twed

I had too many caffeine and I punched a nurse

Should have said I also punched a nurse so even Steven.

Twed

Touché. You can have that.

On a Switch note, I have to say that there is nothing this year that I'm actually looking forward to. Even though last year didn't have the BotW or Odyssey tier stuff (though I do love Smash) there were loads of things that I loved, plenty of amazing surprises like Psyvariar and Ikaruga and DBFZ, stuff I didn't know was coming basically, but there was also some stuff that I was more excited for than pretty much anything ever like Dark Souls and, ultimately, Smash. This year...some big names but they do fuck for me. Animal Crossing nnnnnnnope. Yoshi no-shi. Daemon seems decent but not very exciting to me. Oh just remembered Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chain ignore me

Thursday

Keen Dreams was released on Switch recently, that's the most exciting thing.

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on February 13, 2019, 08:32:42 PM
Commander Keen 8
Dangerous Dave
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures
Minesweeper
Hugos Haunted House
Crystal Caves
Secret Agent
Alley Cat
Mario Wank Off Turbo Edition

Quote from: Thursday on February 23, 2019, 09:42:17 PM
Keen Dreams was released on Switch recently, that's the most exciting thing.

Jesus, I was joking.

BritishHobo

I'm excited for Resident Evil 4, but it is a bit wank for the game I'm most excited for to be one that's already been out on PS2, Gamecube, Wii, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One, and which I've already played several times on at least three platforms.

Kelvin

It's totally fair that you guys don't feel any of the upcoming games speak to you, but I also wonder what Nintendo could realistically offer that could satisfy you, in that case.

In the next 10 months, we likely have a new Mario game in Mario Maker, an updated Zelda in Link's Awakening, a couple of brand new series in DXM and that new Platinum game, a huge (presumably online) title like Animal Crossing, and the first proper Pokemon game on console. Then some more niche titles, like Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem.

There is no shortage of new Nintendo games this year, even if few or none of them speak to you personally. And although I don't mean this in a shitty way, I do wonder why you would have a Nintendo console if literally none of the above are remotely interesting to you - because games like these are their bread and butter, and huuuuge games like Odysessy and Botw come along much more rarely - usually once a console.

What series or style of game could they announce that would have you interested again? For me, Mario Maker and Zelda are absolute must buys, and 4 of the other titles show enough potential to have me very interested.

Honestly not trying yo be an arsehole here. I just don't understand this idea that 2019 is another lean year like 2018 was.

Thursday

Wasn't it kind of the same with the Wii for a lot of people, (me included) after the initial excitement of the concept, Twilight Princess, Galaxy there just wasn't a whole lot that people were that interested in, and I think a similar thing might have happened here, although there's certainly a lot more to keep people around for the Switch.

I've long been more into the idea of Nintendo than the reality.

Not saying it's a lean year though, just that the reality that there aren't ever going to be that many games coming for this console that really get me excited. But that's me, not Nintendo.

Kelvin

I suppose there's a divide between people who are really into Nintendo games (ie. people who like most of those gaming series to some degree), and people who are really into Zelda and Mario.

Last year was, imo, a bad year for both. Not least because several of the new games like Mario Party and Mario Tennis were seemingly rushed out. I'm very happy with this year's line-up, though, because I consider this one of Nintendo's fullest schedules in ages. Empty years like 2018, with just one or two bigger titles, were basically all you ever got in the past.

BritishHobo

I am excited for Mario Maker, but one of the big big main examples being an update of a twenty-six-year-old Gameboy game just shows my problem with Nintendo.

I think to be fair to you I keep forgetting Pokemon is coming. I'll be a bit more excited once we get some details on that.

madhair60

What I want to know is why these COCKSUCKERS can't get Call of Duty on the Switch. I want it NOW

Consignia

Yeah, I would have liked to have had an original Zelda game, in pretty much the style they've given. Like a link between worlds. I loved that.

Thursday

A link between worlds but with much more Mr X.

I'd just prefer more stuff like ARMS and Splatoon than the retard soma of Animal Crossing or Kirby or Yashi. I loved Excite Truck. Mostly I just play Mario and Zelda though, that's actually fair, at least til this gen. I have no great affection for the other big names apart from Metroid Prime (other Metroid stuff is boring). Pikmin, no. Luigi Madhouse, no. What's the other one. I'll be playing Bayonetta but I probably didn't even need a second game there even if it's better in many ways.

I love the Nintendo games on the Switch BotW, Odyssey, ARM, Splatoon 2, Xeno is good but I never finished it.

I don't know what I want really. Moon on a stick. Aside from indie shmups, the indie stuff hasn't been that great except Isaac. Metroidvania bores me as much as Super Metroid and Castlevania combined. I like all the best ports basically. That's good enough for me.

Best first party, best of indie, best of port,evrysshmups. I just had to buy a load of good games which I find boring to reach that conclusion

Twed

The rumour mill is suggesting that the new Pokemon game is going to be to Pokemon what Breath of the Wild was to Zelda.

I'd play that. Seems the obvious thing to do. Game Freak can have the engine for all I care.

Ferris

Why can't I play the first gen Pokémon games (or the GBA remakes) on my phone? It's mad that whoever owns the license hasn't flogged the license.

brat-sampson

New 7m Pokemon Direct tomorrow at 2pm UK time.

https://youtu.be/CFues4zhUW4

Kelvin

Quote from: Twed on February 24, 2019, 04:53:28 PM
The rumour mill is suggesting that the new Pokemon game is going to be to Pokemon what Breath of the Wild was to Zelda.

If it's anything like that, I'll eat my mum's anus. Gamefreak are the laziest, most complacent developer/publisher going. They haven't meaningfully updated pokemon in 20 odd years. They're still full of archaic quirks, and the same fundamental mechanics. I'd be amazed of it isn't another ugly, top down variation on the handheld games, but with a punk version of Pikachu, or some other shit.

I've never played one, though, so day one purchase for me.

brat-sampson

Remember this is the same GameFreak that are making Town, and that looks like:

Twed

I was hoping Nintendo flew in some competent resources to help them.

Kelvin

Quote from: brat-sampson on February 26, 2019, 05:38:12 PM
Remember this is the same GameFreak that are making Town, and that looks like:

Yes, but a) that's set in one town, and b) that's not the same series they've been iterating on for two decades.

If this new game has an over the shoulder perspective, I will fill my boots with anus.