Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

Yeah I purely play it in handheld mode. In the calibration menu you can see slow drift back to neutral after pushing right. Calibrating has helped, but it still occasionally drifts back.

Fry

It's a bastard. I ended up buying a nintendo switch y shaped screwdriver and a replacement joystick and fixing it at home myself. It was a bit fiddly to do, but much cheaper than a new joycon.

brat-sampson

Baba is good and hard. Puzzle is New, Brat is ThickCunt. Puzzle is solved, Brat is CleverBoy.

brat-sampson

Nindies Presentation:

Cuphead coming late April.
Neo Cab in June
Pedro in June
The Red Lantern. Train for the Iditerod in Alaska.
Darkwood port in May
Katana Zero. Cool looking side-on Samurai time-control Hotline Miami kinda thing
Rad. Top-down character action game from Double Fine
Creature from the Well Top-down Pinball action adventure. Ricocheting bullets around pinball
Bloodroots. Top-down action game, use the environment to build combos etc.
Pine. 3D 3ed person open world adventure game with fox-people and evil lizard folks. Features combat, narrative and survival stuff.
Vlambeer fest. Nuclear Throne TODAY. Super crate box coming soon. A newly announced collection of smaller games with a gradual release schedule. 'Vlambeer Arcade'.
Swimsanity. Underwater co-op 2D shooter.
Blaster Master Zero 2. Sequel from Inti Creates. Available TODAY
Stranger Things 3. July 4th (same day as the series on Netflix)

Also, a big Nindies Sale starting today.

Cadence of Hyrule. From the creators of Crypt of the Necrodancer, but featuring Link, Zelda etc in an all new rhythmic adventure. Not sure if it's an entirely new thing or just like an extra mode in the upcoming Necrodancer port. (Is necrodancer on Switch already?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYd_pph6RnI

And we're done.

Cheers, bratterz. A load of shite basically.

I actually got into Cuphead a fair bit recently on the XB after finding it really annoying. It is genuinely a really annoying game but it looks and sounds great and plays better once you unlock some weapons and perks.

I'll buy the little cunt anyway.

Twed

Quote from: brat-sampson on March 20, 2019, 04:06:46 PM
Stranger Things 3. July 4th (same day as the series on Netflix)
What the fuck is indie about this? It's a commercial.

I'm going to lap that dancing Hyrule shit up.

Kelvin

I thought it was one of their better Indie showings, or at least one which appealed to me most.

Cuphead
Pedro
The Red Lantern
Katana Zero
Rad
Bloodroots

and a Zelda rhythm game I don't really understand, but which at least looked interesting. 

madhair60

Oh, Necrodancer is grand, Kelvin. Imagine yer tile-based roguelike, whole "you move when enemies move thing", but all set to a beat. Metronome at the bottom of the screen and your actions - all of them - are synced to the beat.

I thought it was a good indie showing but can't get enthused about Rad or Katana Zero. The former is a Double Fine game with all the desperation that comes with it (is anyone really enthused by the faux-80s YEAH TUBULAR thing anymore?), Katana Zero just looks like a mish-mash of other, better games. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Kelvin

Agree about Katana Zero. I've seen some footage from PAX and it has potential, but a bit low key and lacks invention in the early levels. Maybe as it ramps up, the levels will get more ambitious and interesting.

kittens

fucking hell me and Chris got nidhog 2 tonight. everything we loved about the first one times five plus new weapons and stages. highly recommend if you have a friend.

kittens

sorry if you don't though that must suck :(

Kelvin

I played it with three friends the other day. I wasn't too into it with just 2 of us playing, but we had a great time with 4.

We also had an absolute ball playing Overcooked. I've been meaning to start a thread about party games ever since.

kittens

Quote from: Kelvin on March 24, 2019, 01:03:13 AM
I played it with three friends the other day. I wasn't too into if with just 2 of us playing, but we had a great time with 4.

We also had an absolute ball playing Overcooked. I've been meaning to start a thread about party games ever since.

tried overcooked a little while ago. was probably much too drunk but i found it so complicated and frustrating. guess if i was sober that wouldn't have been an issue. this 2 player nidhog tonight though. each match lasted about 30 minutes and was full of great screaming moments. loved it.

madhair60

Is Duck Game on Switch? That's the best party game I think I've ever played.

Consignia

Allegedly. It's planned, anyway. https://twitter.com/superjoebob/status/1004069080058347521

Untitled Goose Game has been delayed too, so there's a massive deficit of fowl fun on the Switch at the moment.

Timothy

According to Kotaku and Wall Street Journal this year there will be two new Switch released. One with less power and the other with more. A Switch Pro and a Switch Lite so it seems. According to a Kotaku writer in the comment section the Switch Pro will render the old Switch useless for VR etc. They expect there will be games released on the new Switch that won't be released on the old Switch.

madhair60

Sold three games and bought a SNES Classic Mini yesterday. Utter bliss. Hacked it in one second flat, stuck 240 games on it. Getting NES one too, fucking loving it lads.

Timothy

Kotaku:

QuoteThe first, they say, "will have enhanced features targeted at avid videogamers, although it won't be as powerful as Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 4 Pro or Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox One X."

QuoteI guess I'd imagined the existing Switch staying put and another new model coming in either above/below it. But this effectively kills the OG switch dead.

Kelvin

I'm not saying that's not true, but I really find it hard to believe that, just over 2 years in, they'd be releasing a more powerful version already. That would be a real spit in the eye of a lot of gamers who bought it in the last year. A cheaper, portable version seems much more likely.

Edit: Kotaku are pretty reliable, though, so who knows.

I'm OK with it. Unless developers start targeting the top-end model and everything ends up running like shit on the vanilla Switch, I doubt I'll bother upgrading. And now that there's an even lower-end model coming suggests that won't be the case.

Mango Chimes

They don't say "more powerful". I imagine they'll replace the existing Switch with a 2DS style "same but with fewer features" model, and a DS Lite style "same but nicer" model. The former could be small with fixed joycons, the latter with more battery, better screen, that sort of thing. Rather than a DSi / New 3DS situation.

Kelvin

Timothy

Can't imagine how they manage to get that to work tbh. Nausea inducing I'm afraid.

But it's Nintendo so they might have a solution for that.

The solution is the headset being made of cardboard and with no strap, so it'll be uncomfortable to use for prolonged periods.

Kelvin

Quote from: Timothy on April 05, 2019, 05:26:01 PM
Can't imagine how they manage to get that to work tbh. Nausea inducing I'm afraid.

But it's Nintendo so they might have a solution for that.

I doubt it. I imagine it's horrible. Plus, you don't strap the Switch to your head with Labo vr. You literally hold it up and control it with the joycons on either side of your face.

Awful. But it's cheaper than the alternatives at £40, and might be fun to just soak in the world of BotW if, like me, you're obsessed with that game.

Ferris

NoSleep

Quote from: falafel on March 04, 2019, 06:26:10 AM
Having just got a puppy, the pick-up-put-down is a godsend. I've got Assassin's Creed Odyssey waiting on my desktop but I'm quite happy chugging my way through Skyrim on the sofa and recently put tens of hours into a few Civ games. It has become a decompression tool rather than the way i usually play games recently which has been with one eye on the backlog, working my way down the critical path and finishing them as quickly as possible. I would almost never replay a game for the same reason. So in that way, it has transformed how I see and play games. I am more casual, less stressed. I get maybe 30 mins a day and that is just fine. The backlog at this stage is insurmountable so i may as well just enjoy the bounty rather than worrying.

hey, falafel: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,61970.msg3795753.html#msg3795753

Kelvin

It's always a pleasure to see Nintendo at their most eccentric and also their shittest. Here is a collection of bitesize immersive experiences you can get in Labo VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXEflkefugY

In fact, if you really want to grasp the limitless possibilities of a virtual world, might I suggest this one:

https://youtu.be/CXEflkefugY?t=232

brat-sampson

Joker Reveals himself. Looks great fun, and lots of cool touches. Arsene allows for counter+blocks and attack boosts when out, he can steal other character's items (K-rools crown etc), his Win animation is straight from Persona 5 and his Final Smash is an All-Out attack. I also like the trailer and that they're including P3/P4 themes, music etc. This is a chunky new addition for one part of a character pass.

New 3.0 update also includes a stage builder and some junk on mobile.