Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Never playing as this shit-game-being-from cunt.

Kelvin

Pretty impressive footage of MK11 running on Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxcL2SCEsDA

Cuphead available in half an hour. I thought it was crrrap but it's actually grrrreat.

Update on Cuphead: It wasn't a midnight release so probably won't unlock until 2pm.

madhair60

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 17, 2019, 11:29:33 PM
Cuphead available in half an hour. I thought it was crrrap but it's actually grrrreat.

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 18, 2019, 10:37:37 AM
Update on Cuphead: It wasn't a midnight release so probably won't unlock until 2pm.

Wow. Just wow. Another Nintendroid caught praising a game he hasn't even played, simply because it's on a Nintendo system.

You're the most pathetic human being I've ever encountered. And I mean that very, very sincerely.

All of that is true but I also have it on the XB

madhair60

OK, I watched a LP

Which I made myself on my Exxy (Xbox)

Cuphead won't release til 5pm here which is pretty cunty when I preordered the little cunt. Might just play it on my xbox now.

brat-sampson

Bought Katana Zero instead, because I can probably finish it and the story looks more interesting. So far it's great.

I'll be getting that in the sale defo, looks good.

Kelvin

PSA

15 minute Mario Maker Direct tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10pm UK time.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Please don't say PSA, it's an Americanism and I won't have it.

Kelvin

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 14, 2019, 09:48:37 PM
Please don't say PSA, it's an Americanism and I won't have it.

soz bro. my bad

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Consignia

What does it stand for? Piss Self Announcing?

Pubic Service Announcement

Looking forward to it.

Dare I say that beyond Mario Maker there's nothing I'm looking forward to on the Switch.

That GRID lookin pretty tempting :(

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on May 14, 2019, 10:04:27 PM
Pubic Service Announcement

Looking forward to it.
I enjoy your narcissism shtick usually, but "looking forward to it" does not constitute a public service announcement.

Kelvin

Apologies. The Direct is at 11 tonight in uk.

Kelvin

Lots of good stuff in there, but the high points were vs and co-op multiplayer, a story mode with 100+ levels designed by Nintendo, and new music for the classic games written by Koji Kondo. 

Consignia

There's room for styles which don't fit the mould beyond 3D World. The door for Super Mario 2 is open.

Kelvin

Quote from: Consignia on May 15, 2019, 11:37:14 PM
There's room for styles which don't fit the mould beyond 3D World. The door for Super Mario 2 is open.

Yes, now that they don't seem to care about every style overlapping, that does give them more leeway for game styles down the line. Although I also think it's a bit of a shame that 3D World doesn't properly overlap with the other games, as that limits it's options and aesthetics a bit.

Still, looks great, and 100 specially made Nintendo levels with fewer level design/structure limitations? Fuck yes.   

EDIT: Sorry, you meant there is literally a space for another style next to 3D World on the menu. I didn't spot that initially.

Consignia

I did mean it both senses, there's literally a space, but the fact they are making 3D World so different is significant to the whole game. I'm pretty excited too. They could have just ported Mario Maker and I'd have been happy. But this is looking excellent.

Looks like the Smash Bros Ultimate of Mario Maker games. I'm too busy and lazy to design levels and I find it amazingly boring but I'll play whatever. I just hope they have the 'mad blocks', they were the best bits of mm1.

Flip did you ever guess he'd turn into a WOLLF!

madhair60

Quote from: Consignia on May 15, 2019, 11:37:14 PM

Also it literally says "Additional Styles", PLEURAL. Hoping for Mario's Time Machine.

Consignia

Hotel Mario is surely a lock in.

BritishHobo

Who's got two thumbs and just spent thirty pounds on the 2005 hit Resident Evil?

I often think I deserve everything bad that happens to me.

Small Man Big Horse

I visited a friend in Sussex this weekend and played on his Switch, he only got it recently for his kid and so only had a few games but one of them was Mario Kart which I loved to pieces (having played it on the SNES and Wii previously it only took one round before I started kicking his arse too!) and the other was Fortnite, which seemed fun but I was fucking rubbish at it. Either way for Mario Kart alone I'd love one, and will try and pick one up on the cheap at some point at a car boot sale or something if I can, but is it likely that Nintendo will launch another console any time soon?

Kelvin

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 20, 2019, 09:11:37 PM
but is it likely that Nintendo will launch another console any time soon?

No, unlike the Wii U, the Switch has been a big success, so is likely to be around for a number of years. However, its' fairly likely that they will bring out iterations on the Switch, cheaper handheld only versions, and maybe one that's slightly more powerful, in the next year or so, as that's always been their pattern with handhelds and there are already lots of rumours about it happening sooner rather than later.