Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:32:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Good if you got kids and your little kid is a lil cunt.

Jerzy Bondov

Fucking bought a normal Switch instead. Can't be bothered waiting, sick of my PS4, sick of my PC, here we go. Mario Maker 2. £30 of eshop credit, 20 of which will go on Slay the Spire.

Why's there no wishlist in the store? Forgot about Nintendo's inability to do anything properly except make Mario.

Kelvin

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on July 16, 2019, 06:23:06 PM
Fucking bought a normal Switch instead. Can't be bothered waiting, sick of my PS4, sick of my PC, here we go. Mario Maker 2. £30 of eshop credit, 20 of which will go on Slay the Spire.

Why's there no wishlist in the store? Forgot about Nintendo's inability to do anything properly except make Mario.

Wishlist, like a list of games you're interested in? There is. When you view a game, click on add to, and it will appear under your eshop profile.

Jerzy Bondov

I suppose that must be on the Switch itself? I can't see it on the website store. That's the opposite way round to on PS4, where you can't look at your wishlist on the console. I hope this thing comes tomorrow, I love making lists of games I will buy and barely play

Jerzy Bondov

Found a website that does it. Dekudeals. Does email alerts as well.

The model everyone thought would be some souped-up "pro" revision has been announced. New internals, but no perceptible improvements over the original except in terms of battery life.

Comes in a new box so you know which one you're getting:

HAC-001 is the current model, HAC-001(-01) is the new revision.

Same RRP as the current model, launches end of August.

Also, new colours of Joycon, if you like that sort of thing. Out beginning of October:

MojoJojo

I never understood the idea that there would be a souped up pro version. It's too soon to split the install base and it's amazing graphics have never been a selling point of the switch.

Jerzy Bondov

I got my Switch. Heavier than I thought it would be.

Jerzy Bondov

I had forgotten how good it is to have a joypad that goes into two bits so you can lounge around like a massive fucking disgusting lump without even needing to muster the energy to bring both hands up and together in front of your fat horrible old belly

Quote from: MojoJojo on July 18, 2019, 12:17:13 PM
I never understood the idea that there would be a souped up pro version. It's too soon to split the install base and it's amazing graphics have never been a selling point of the switch.

Theoretically, the new Switch could be used as a "Pro" revision, but it's not far enough beyond the original to make it worth anyone's while, so they've downclocked the new SoC to aid battery life instead.

But, yeah, the rumour mill whipped it up far beyond what Nintendo were planning.

Jerzy Bondov

Here, I like this Tetris 99 game. It's like normal Tetris except my heart goes too fast and I think I'm going to die.

Kelvin

Final ever Splatoon 2 Splatfest is on today. Chaos versus Order. Apparently all the previous Splatfest stages are playable.

If you fancy a final go on the game, this might be the time to do it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Couldn't resist getting Doom 3 for eight quid. Thankfully they improved the shite controls of the BFG version. You used to have to hold down on the left analogue stick to sprint, which was a grindy mess. Now you just tap it.

Jerzy Bondov

Obsidian's new game The Outer Worlds is getting a Switch port. Pretty exciting. I didn't realise this thing is also getting Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights. Now I'm not going to play them again, but still.

Garam

So NIntendo seem to be doing a trial period for games soon which is great news. In a few days we'll be able to play Mario Tennis for free for a week. I approve of this.

Consignia

Cocks, the drift on both my joy-cons has finally gotten to the point that most games aren't playable any more. I've tried to clean them with compressed air, but to no avail. So I've had to bite the bullet and buy a new pair.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on July 18, 2019, 03:00:57 PM
I had forgotten how good it is to have a joypad that goes into two bits so you can lounge around like a massive fucking disgusting lump without even needing to muster the energy to bring both hands up and together in front of your fat horrible old belly
Please stop quoting Nintendo's advertising materials, thanks

kittens

what are the good online multiplayer games? me and my friend want to play together. i googled and it was all like smash bros and mario kart. are these the only ones or are there some good secret ones?

Splatoon 2

ARMS (prob can get cheap now)

Dragonball FighterZ

Kart and Smash are the big ones.

madhair60

Quote from: kittens on August 04, 2019, 03:15:52 PM
what are the good online multiplayer games? me and my friend want to play together. i googled and it was all like smash bros and mario kart. are these the only ones or are there some good secret ones?

There are none. You have bought the wrong console for online multiplayer.

kittens

playing this free mario tennis game which isn't very good has reminded me of the sheer joy of watching exp points raise attributes. what game can i get that would provide me with this but with better gameplay. basically what is a good switch rpg

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on August 07, 2019, 06:33:42 PM
playing this free mario tennis game which isn't very good has reminded me of the sheer joy of watching exp points raise attributes. what game can i get that would provide me with this but with better gameplay. basically what is a good switch rpg

I got the GBA4iOS on my phone and have been playing Pokémon fire red for the last few days.

Get that, it's fucking great.

Fire Emblem Three Houses you bastard

Jerzy Bondov

Diablo III if you like watching numbers get big

brat-sampson

Octopath Traveller if you like your RPGs traditional and J.

madhair60

Hyrule Warriors

Indie games are shite. It's done.

madhair60