Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

That has to be their worst Direct since the Switch launched - at least for my tastes.

SNES and Banjo are only highlights for me. I'm also happy about Xenoblade being remastered, as I've never played it and it's meant to be excellent. As a "one last thing", though...?

Timothy

Tokyo Mirage and SNES games for me and thats it.

madhair60

Probably my favourite Direct ever lmao. Tons of shit I want

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Hold on, Deadly Premonition 2? I think my willy just twitched a bit. Splendid news.

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on September 04, 2019, 11:50:46 PM
Probably my favourite Direct ever lmao. Tons of shit I want

There are several games I want to play. Luigi's Mansion, Xenoblade remake, Doom 64. I just don't think there were any surprises or genuinely exciting new games announced. Direct's usually contain at least one.

Kelvin

The 20 SNES games coming to Switch Online tmw:

Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Puyo Puyo 2
Super Tennis
Breath of Fire
F-ZERO
Kirby's Dream Course
Pilotwings
Stunt Race FX
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Soccer
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Brawl Brothers
Demon's Crest
Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Star Fox
Super Earth Defense Force

I'd say pound for pound, this is one of the best Directs, personally. Not a lot explicitly to my tastes but game after game of quality. If you're into RPGs especially, it's insane.

Lots of games I'd like to try on Switch that I probably wouldn't elsewhere. Divinity 2, Tokyo Mirage, XC1, Obra Dinn, all meant to be brilliant but I never played them. Deadly Premonition and sequel. Overwatch, Ni no Kuni, Vampyr, Trials of Mana.

SNES Online games are exactly what I wanted.

Little Town Hero and AC will tempt me.

Link's Awakening I never played. Never played a LM game. DxM looks better than the first demo, will try the new one out.

Nothing mind blowing but a relentless stream of quality.

Kelvin

It helps that, imo, we're currently experiencing the best run of Nintendo games that I can remember. Assuming that the Link's Awakening remake and Luigi's Mansion sequel are good, that will be 5 consecutive months of hits. Plus, it's possible Daemon X and Pokemon might end up being better than expected, as well. I can't remember them ever having a run of quality games so close together like that.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that I continue to be happily surprised and proven wrong about this year's exclusives. FE and AC have made me look like a total dunce.

Another factor is that while the third party support is mostly ports, we're getting proper versions of some of the greatest games ever made all the time. Having improved editions of the highlights of last gen and palatable versions of some current gen cross-platform big names is massive. The Wii U stuff in particular has added real depth, even for me as a late Wii U owner who bought everything decent but hardly played on it.

I said ages ago that it would be the third year which determined where it was going, because I kind of expected a lighter second year, and it didn't start brilliantly but I don't think it's ever had such momentum, I agree. And even if new AC and Poke aren't my things, they will be colossally successful and sell a shit load of consoles.

Timothy

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 05, 2019, 02:26:49 AM
I'd say pound for pound, this is one of the best Directs, personally. Not a lot explicitly to my tastes but game after game of quality. If you're into RPGs especially, it's insane.

Lots of games I'd like to try on Switch that I probably wouldn't elsewhere. Divinity 2, Tokyo Mirage, XC1, Obra Dinn, all meant to be brilliant but I never played them. Deadly Premonition and sequel. Overwatch, Ni no Kuni, Vampyr, Trials of Mana.

SNES Online games are exactly what I wanted.

Little Town Hero and AC will tempt me.

Link's Awakening I never played. Never played a LM game. DxM looks better than the first demo, will try the new one out.

Nothing mind blowing but a relentless stream of quality.

All of those games are great.... besides Vampyr. Really disliked that. Clunky gameplay and awful fights. Not worth the money.

madhair60

Super Mario Kart banger
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island banger
Super Puyo Puyo 2 dunno but it's puyo so banger
Super Tennis don't give a shit
Breath of Fire RPG so probably shit
F-ZERO beloved but clearly shit
Kirby's Dream Course banger
Pilotwings banger
Stunt Race FX pure toilet but curio value
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts banger
Super Mario World banger
Super Metroid overrated but banger
Super Soccer don't give a shit
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past overrated but banger
Brawl Brothers dunno sounds alright
Demon's Crest overrated but probably banger
Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics banger
Kirby's Dream Land 3 banger
Star Fox banger
Super Earth Defense Force dunno probably shit

Have they said what multiplayer stuff might be included on SNES games?

Swoz_MK

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 05, 2019, 12:00:50 AM
Hold on, Deadly Premonition 2? I think my willy just twitched a bit. Splendid news.

SO fucking happy about this!!

Ferris

Just cropping up to mention Mrs Ferris has nicked my Switch and is using it exclusively to play West of Loathing which she is enjoying very much, as I understand it.

madhair60