Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch

Started by Kelvin, January 11, 2017, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

(Official) YouTube stream for better casting to devices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Will probably be available to watch after live broadcast wth that link too.

Kelvin

It's also on twitch, if you prefer that:   https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Countdown confirmed it starts at 4am

edit: the youtube chatroom is hilarious. It's got so many people in it, it's just shooting past as crazy speeds.

Twed

I've never seen a YouTube live stream that is anything but that. Such a non-functional feature.

Kelvin

This is starting any minute now. Links at the top of this page.

Twed

$300. I honestly think anything less would be madness, despite others airing disappointment.

Kelvin

finally sounds like voice chat will be allowed, thank fuck

Twed

No region locking! You beauts.

hewantstolurkatad

So £300 there most likely?

Kelvin

Urinal Cake

$300 is definitely aimed at adults and their nostalgia.

Bloody hell 'We added a handle!'

hewantstolurkatad

That summation of the gamecube as being a thing with a handle is surely gonna become a meme?

Kelvin

2-6 hour battery life, plus portable battery packs. Better than I expected, that.

Twed

The Joycon are fucking tiny! And oh great, Amibo. Shut up Nintendo.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Twed on January 13, 2017, 04:11:13 AM
The Joycon are fucking tiny!
I expect a Joy-Con 'B' for big American hands.

Kelvin

ice cube's will feature heavily in Switch games, then

Kelvin

this bits nintendo at their most bizarre. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Twed

Okay, so it has motion controls. Like two generations ago...

Kelvin

This 1-2 Switch game is very clearly an attempt to re-create wii sports. Probably the pack in game?

Urinal Cake

Admirable attempt at polishing a turd.

hewantstolurkatad

That would have to be a pack in, regardless of whether it's any good it looks shit.

Kelvin

Yeah, they need to get to the Marios and Zeldas quick.

It's all very mixed signals. Is this a serious console for older gamers wanting a cool new gadget, or another console for casual gamers who liked wii sports?

Kelvin

Arms looks fun, I guess, but no way you'd pay full price for it. Why are they leading with this?

hewantstolurkatad

Really should have just opened with a few wii u repackages and then run through all this tech demo stuff. DS launched on the back of Mario 64, wii twilight princess.

Twed

An entire feature on Splatoon? They have got to start showing some games that aren't old games.

Christ Nintendo, do you not focus group things?

Edit: Oh okay, at least it's Splatoon 2.

Quote from: Kelvin on January 13, 2017, 04:25:11 AM
Yeah, they need to get to the Marios and Zeldas quick.

It's all very mixed signals. Is this a serious console for older gamers wanting a cool new gadget, or another console for casual gamers who liked wii sports?

Its the former, cause I honestly don't think the latter exists...there are no casual gamers, not ones that buy games anyway.

That's why the Wii blew the competition away but the attach rate was abysmal...they play to their fans or they die this time...simple.

Kelvin

haha, this is barking mad.

That pose he just did for 2, and the translators hesitant delivery when he did it

edit "what squid you think?"

hewantstolurkatad

The pink 2 with the arrow made me think of a dick

Kelvin

Mario looked incredible. Even better than I had hoped. Finally! Why didn't they open with that?

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Kelvin on January 13, 2017, 04:35:59 AM
Mario looked incredible. Even better than I had hoped. Finally! Why didn't they open with that?

You're supposed to save the best for last.