Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious things you've only just realised (2017 THREAD)

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, January 12, 2017, 10:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Quote from: olliebean on May 03, 2017, 10:20:39 AM
"Flat cap" is a spoonerism of "Cat flap."

Mind = blown.

Wait till you hear about the Castleford player Matt Cook.

Dr Rock

In She Watch Channel Zero by Public Enemy, Flavour Flav does not hold back from berating some lady for watching 'straight up garbage' in the forms of soap operas
What does Flav want to watch instead? The Superbowl, the Tyson fight, you know, real educational stuff.

Mr Brightside

I didn't know the vagina had two holes until a couple of years ago.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Mr Brightside on May 03, 2017, 08:50:07 PM
I didn't know the vagina had two holes until a couple of years ago.

Same here. I only found out when I accidentally put my cock up the bigger one.

Cerys

Hush!  The other hole is supposed to be secret!  Do you want to blow everything?!

Replies From View

machotrouts

I didn't realise the vagina had any holes until my late teens.

Well not the sorts of holes it has anyway. I thought it was just a big vertical slit with loads of room to slide up and down. Not in and out. Up and down. Fanny flaps are a thing apparently, but there's more after that? It's not just a big yawning crevice? That was news to me. A tall straight line is how it was drawn in basic children's "why does she have a fanny and he has a knob: an introduction" picture books. No detailed anatomy lessons there. They never flopped back and spread their legs to give us a proper gander.

This was explained to me one day by internet vagina-owning friends on MSN Messenger after I tried to describe the shape of a vulva by using the symbol "|".

"Tom, penises would get lost and die in there", they explained politely but incredulously.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Mr Brightside on May 03, 2017, 08:50:07 PM
I didn't know the vagina had two holes until a couple of years ago

How many does it have now? Did everyone get the upgrade?

Replies From View

Repeater

touchingcloth

phantom_power

The "boy you really got me going, you got me so I don't know what I'm doing" bit from Push It by Salt 'n' Pepa is a homage to the similar part of You Really Got Me by The Kinks

Howj Begg

Poo's "forsk" is his foreskin. <--- Fucking hell that's a disgusting sentence though.

Gurke and Hare

Surely the vagina doesn't have any holes, rather it is one of the two holes in question, the other being the urethra.

pigamus

The word 'Zoom' is supposed to sound like... 'Shum', like the sound of a thing going past you really quickly.

But it .... just doesn't, does it?

Replies From View

Quote from: pigamus on May 07, 2017, 09:11:05 PM
The word 'Zoom' is supposed to sound like... 'Shum', like the sound of a thing going past you really quickly.

But it .... just doesn't, does it?

It depends whether you pronounce the double-o as it occurs in "look" and "foot" rather than in "shoot".

I was quite late into my childhood before I started pronouncing "whoops" (and its short pal "oops") correctly.

Gurke and Hare

The building site Eddie and Richie are in in the title sequence of Bottom is the big shopping centre in Hammersmith.

Replies From View

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 08, 2017, 10:02:55 PM
The building site Eddie and Richie are in in the title sequence of Bottom is the big shopping centre in Hammersmith.

What's obvious about that??

touchingcloth

The protest chant of "no justice, no peace" is a threat, not an observation.

touchingcloth

The Priory from off of celebrity drug addictions looks like this:

I always assumed it looked more like Abbey Road Studios. And it's NHS, not private.

yesitsme

This is an 'Obvious Thing to Me That No One Else Can Recognise'.  See the Rizzle Kicks (still going strong no doubt) and that song Momma Can Hump or whatever it is?  At the very start there's a scracthin' going 'vvvv-v-vvv-v-vv-v-v'.

I've said it's clearly going 'Fuck, fuck,fuck, fuck-a-fuck, fuck 'em' but every person I've pointed this out to can't get it.

I am right aren't I?  Always amazes me how much this is used on CBBC shows.  Perhaps someone in the broom cupboard has spotted it too and it's their little joke on da mumz n dadz?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: yesitsme on May 18, 2017, 09:47:20 AM
This is an 'Obvious Thing to Me That No One Else Can Recognise'.  See the Rizzle Kicks (still going strong no doubt) and that song Momma Can Hump or whatever it is?  At the very start there's a scracthin' going 'vvvv-v-vvv-v-vv-v-v'.

I've said it's clearly going 'Fuck, fuck,fuck, fuck-a-fuck, fuck 'em' but every person I've pointed this out to can't get it.

I am right aren't I?  Always amazes me how much this is used on CBBC shows.  Perhaps someone in the broom cupboard has spotted it too and it's their little joke on da mumz n dadz?

Remember when EMF cut up some sample that either said 'what the fuck?' or 'what the funk?' so it sounded a lot like the other one but had plausible deniability that it was definitely meant to be 'funk'?

Ominous Dave

The term 'seconds out' in boxing is an instruction to the fighters' assistants (ie, 'seconds') to get out of the ring, not a warning that there are no seconds of time left before the start of the next round. 

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 18, 2017, 09:51:57 AM
Remember when EMF cut up some sample that either said 'what the fuck?' or 'what the funk?' so it sounded a lot like the other one but had plausible deniability that it was definitely meant to be 'funk'?

I remember a song in the 90's(?) called "Get The Funk Out" where the n lasted for only a few milliseconds, but nobody questioned it and the record got played all over the place.

billtheburger

Aye, & James Brown sings ♫funk funkity funk funked up the ass♫

billtheburger

Quote from: Ominous Dave on May 18, 2017, 09:56:58 AM
The term 'seconds out' in boxing is an instruction to the fighters' assistants (ie, 'seconds') to get out of the ring, not a warning that there are no seconds of time left before the start of the next round. 
I also had not realised this.