Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:55:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOTE: Please post your "What's the music from that advert or whatever" questions in here.

Started by Neil, November 23, 2004, 01:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z/Sb

Not from an advert but thought I'd post a similar query here...
What's the theme music to "Crown Court"?
I don't mean the end theme which is "Distant Hills" which I have on the Cult Fiction cd, but the actual theme at the start of the show played on some horns. I'd love to have that track. Has it ever been commercially released or is it available on some library album?...

Quote from: "Z/Sb"Not from an advert but thought I'd post a similar query here...
What's the theme music to "Crown Court"?
I don't mean the end theme which is "Distant Hills" which I have on the Cult Fiction cd, but the actual theme at the start of the show played on some horns. I'd love to have that track. Has it ever been commercially released or is it available on some library album?...
There's a clip of the start of an episode here, including the opening theme (and featuring Derek Griffiths).
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/itvnorthwest/itvnorthwestprogrammes.html

Z/Sb

Cheers for that - although I had seen it before. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the music and if it was available on anything...

foxprorawks

Quote from: "Z/Sb"Cheers for that - although I had seen it before. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the music and if it was available on anything...

Try this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000042DG/104-2784076-7170303?v=glance

It's the fourth track on disk one.

Z/Sb

Quote from: "foxprorawks"It's the fourth track on disk one.

Wow! Thanks ever so much for that, foxprorawks! I'm gonna order that straight away!
Been after that piece of music for decades! Cheers! :)

MonkeyDrummer

on MTV, but i missed the name of the track. Jonny Cash, think it's a cover. Talks about eveyone going in the end and something being his only friend.

Cambrian Times

Quote from: "MonkeyDrummer"on MTV, but i missed the name of the track. Jonny Cash, think it's a cover. Talks about eveyone going in the end and something being his only friend.

That is his cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt". I think I posted a link to the video in GD "Links to cool things"

Cambrian Times

Neil

Quote from: "Solid Snail"The music in Brass Eye which accompanies Ted Maul's strolling...?

The Scorpions - Wind of Change.  Morris plays it in a GLR show, fact fans.  Twice.  In the same show.

TraceyQ

Ha. The Scorpions are supporting Judas Priest next March.  Talk about Rock Dinosaurs.

gazzyk1ns

My mate paid £25 to see Status Quo when they came to Ipswich in the summer.

Solid Snail

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "Solid Snail"The music in Brass Eye which accompanies Ted Maul's strolling...?

The Scorpions - Wind of Change.  Morris plays it in a GLR show, fact fans.  Twice.  In the same show.

Righto. Cheers Neil.

Ambient Sheep

Hi, anyone know what the slow chorus-y echo-y guitar piece used under "Le Chapeau de Mon Oncle" in this Monday just gone's "Monkey Dust" (Series 1, episode 5, I think, but don't hold me to that) is?

Sounds a bit like the intro to the Cocteau Twins' "Pink Orange Red", but slower and even more spacey.

On a side-note, I was surprised that I *didn't* recognise Elizabeth Fraser's voice later on in the episode in a collaboration track with Craig Armstrong.  Had I not turned the subtitles on to check something else when I rewatched it, I never would have known, and it still doesn't really sound like her.

wooly

Sorry this is slightly off topic, but is music/advert based...

I may have been hallucinating as I have been up all night, but does that Oxo advert featuring the song about shepherd's pie and voiceover by Tommy Vance, actually feature grizzled old rocker Ronnie James Dio...?

you'll know it if you see it...

Jet Set Willy

What's the music that's playing in the club in "Lost in Translation", when there are projections of fireworks and stuff? (on the wall of the club)

falafel

Chemical Brothers with Beth Orton  - The State We're In.

Not very dancey on the album though - just for the last thirty seconds or so, actually.

From 'Come With Us'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThe Scorpions - Wind of Change. Morris plays it in a GLR show, fact fans. Twice. In the same show.

Hence the line, "..and it's going to stay that way 'till someone lets in, the winds...of change."

Key

Whats the music in the advert for the University of Salford with the girl going for a job interview and she goes in the bathroom and cuts her hair into a funkay new style with her fingers then sits down smugly.

I want to know because it is such a blatant rip off of Windowlicker and I'd like to see who the thief is so I can point and haw-haw at them.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Quote from: "Neil"

Morris's singing in that song is really fucking hilarious. Never fails to crack me up

But back to the song identifying thread...

Divnee Gan

In Black Books series 1, the episode where Manny is turned into a whore by Omid Djalilli (?). Theres a ridiculous daft funky disco track in the background of Omids pimp pad. It sounds like it was written for the series but a proper mp3 would be fun.

Robot Devil

I heard a track on MTV2 a few years (two to four) ago, and I've never heard of it since. It sounded kind of a darker indie kind of track. Some of the chorus lyrics sounded vaguely like this (please note this is really fuzzy, only what they sounded like, no indicator of the real lyrics and going to sound very stupid):

Christmas time, summer and wine,
(something)'s gone...

(The word "christmas" is only what it sounded like - it was not a christmas song.)

The singer's voice went very high on the -mer part of the word that sounds like summer, and he had a very reedy sounding voice. It reminded me of - it may even have been - JJ72; the male singer IIRC had blond hair; and the video had pools of water in it.

This is a long shot, but can anyone help me, and soothe my - clearly from this post insane - mind?

Spiteface

Right, I've been hearing this song lately, and I've so far found out that it's a cover of Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me", the version I've heard has a female singer.

Who the fuck is it by and where can i find it?

foxprorawks

Quote from: "Spiteface"Right, I've been hearing this song lately, and I've so far found out that it's a cover of Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me", the version I've heard has a female singer.

Who the fuck is it by and where can i find it?

Is it the first track on this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IGPN/qid=1102525530/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-5175333-3879628

Jimmy

What is the classical piece used in the Big Train sketch where Mark Heap does some shitty gymnastics?

Someone I know said its from the opera of Romeo and Juliet, but I'd like to know more specifically.

Tokyo Sexwhale

What are the songs/pieces of music used in the TV ads for Radio 1's evening sessions  - the "indie kids" one.  Or it could be for 6music.

It's the same ad with different music - I only want to know one of them, but if you tell me both, I'll get the one I want by process of elimination.

A Passing Turk Slipper

One of them is Stumble and Fall by Razorlight I think. I quite like that song actually. Does anyone have any idea what the name of the kind of sad, piano music that was played occasionally on the Vic Reeves episode of Who Do You Think you Are last night?

untitled_london

i use this for the purpose of finding most of this stuff.

its not 100% and you often have to hit the threads to get the info. but, its worked a good few times for me.

:D

A Passing Turk Slipper

Has no one got any idea what that piano music was? I love it and have heard it used loads of times, it might have been the same music that's played when what'shisname in the Shawshank Redemption hangs himself (the old guy). It's lovely anyway and if anyone could tell me what it is it would be much appreciated. I thought it might be that Gymnopedie by Eric Satie that someone uploaded a while back but I think it is.