Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:01:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

M. Night Spamalam's Split

Started by Mini, January 17, 2017, 10:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 23, 2017, 11:46:06 PM
Spoiler alert
Then at the end he kind of turns in to the creature from alien and scutters up and down corridors and climbs walls and it's beyond ridiculous
[close]

Thanks, I just sat through the last 45 minutes of this because Mrs Canes was watching it and I read your spoiler and I was waiting for him to hilariously turn into a monster and actually that's a biiiiiiit of an exaggeration isn't it, he doesn't turn into monster

St_Eddie

A beast.  A beastly beast is what he turned into.

Norton Canes

No worries. I was a bit disappointed, but only because it meant I couldn't rip the piss out of it to the extent I expected.

Early reviews of Glass are out and it's getting a kicking.

bgmnts

More fool Shmamalam for picking a movie title that will be the subject of multiple puns.

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on January 10, 2019, 12:19:42 AM
Early reviews of Glass are out and it's getting a kicking.

"By the end of Glass, every single main player has transformed into Jamie Kennedy's character in Scream, a cacophony of know-it-all experts shouting at each other"

Ha.

Mango Chimes

I actually like the sound of that.

phantom_power

People need to stop praising this man. He makes a couple of decent films and it all goes to his head and he starts making shit. A bit of humble pie and he goes back to making decent films again until the next round

Sin Agog

And lo it is was foreseen, midst the song of eerie trumpet, that the last of the woke wars should be fought over whether one shouldst be able to continue making comedy misspellings of an Indian-born's name.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 11, 2019, 11:19:14 AM
And lo it is was foreseen, midst the song of eerie trumpet, that the last of the woke wars should be fought over whether one shouldst be able to continue making comedy misspellings of an Indian-born's name.

You're probably joking but this has been a pet peeve of mine for a while actually - it's just so lazy when there are so many other shit things to take the piss out of him for, such as all of the films he has made. I once made the mistake of being on Reddit (shudder), and was downvoted to dust for complaining about the old HA HA SHAMALAMADINGDONG but it is pretty dodgy to me. You'd hardly get away with something like Ang Ching Chong Lee.

Sin Agog

No, it genuinely bugs me, though I wouldn't necessarily focus my ire on anyone in this thread who's done it. It's probably more just them keeping an easy joke going than a case of, "Ah! Otherness!"

Bad Ambassador

A friend of mine calls him M. Night Charlatan, which I quite liked. A pun on his name, rather than just HA HA FOREIGN.

phantom_power

I am in no way going to die on this hill and if people get offended I won't argue but isn't it just more an amusing run of syllables rather than any sort of mockery of foreigners or otherness?

Obel

Quote from: phantom_power on January 11, 2019, 02:44:08 PM
I am in no way going to die on this hill and if people get offended I won't argue but isn't it just more an amusing run of syllables rather than any sort of mockery of foreigners or otherness?

That's exactly what it is. People ascribing racism to it are looking to get offended.

The most offensive thing about "Shyamalanadingdong" is how overused and unfunny it is.

Lord Mandrake

I agree, no-one ever says Benedict Cumberbatch, they say Bandicoot Bumcatcher or Cabbagepatch Funglepuss. 

bgmnts

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on January 11, 2019, 03:27:59 PM
I agree, no-one ever says Benedict Cumberbatch, they say Bandicoot Bumcatcher or Cabbagepatch Funglepuss.

Basically this.

mjwilson

Although that isn't funny any more either.