Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonDust

I've been rewatching Knowing Me Knowing You for the first time in ages and forgot how many amazingly funny things this show has. One such moment is episode 4, where he's in France and has the French co-host, and he meets a French lorry driver whose also called Alan Partridge (but a Frenchified version) and Alan presents him with a bizarre painting of a British Bulldog with frog's legs, to celebrate the friendship of Britain and France.

I laughed so hard at this bit. Completely forgot about it. Fucking great, and the look on the guy's face is golden:

Also on the episode where he has a sort of Question Time section, and the Conservative politician flips out at the Birmingham Slap Heads party guy: "You are a bloody shit!"

Bacon

Not sure if it's oft-forgotten by others, but I always forget how good the Joe Beesley and Cheeky Monkey performance is. Then I have to watch it over and over again.

buttgammon

"Bloody buggering shitting buggerhead" has entered my lexicon, as has shouting "Bald Brummies!" They're two lines that improve any occasion.

Mobius

With a little bit

With a little bit

With a little bit'a bloomin' luck

Lemming

Dirty Boy

"Rubbish, crass, putrefying cack, drivel... that's what Melvin Bragg said..."

Quote from: Mobius on January 21, 2017, 02:26:19 PM
With a little bit

With a little bit

With a little bit'a bloomin' luck
That whole interview is a series highlight for me "Wipe that soppy look off yer gormless face!"

manticore

"All nets are full of holes."

"It's menial work!"

Rolf Lundgren

Diddly dit dee dee 2 ladies

Alan talking about the phone-in of your favourite rough voiced winner - "They've been massacred by a late surge from rasping taffy Bonnie Tyler. I wonder how many she smokes". The whole of Anglian Lives is very underrated.

Milverton

"Like all feminists she combined a hatred of being sexualised with a fixation that everything is to do with sex."

- I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan

shiftwork2

The extended phone-in bit with Mary.  Not a little unnerving, but very funny too.  Some corpsing evident from Mary, perhaps that's why they didn't use it.

Catalogue Trousers

Glebe

There's so many wonderful little lines/moments, I'd have to think about it... but going with an obvious one, when Alan meets Dan, I love the way you can hear the audience cottoning on to him being a perfect buddy for Alan.

BritishHobo

Recently discovered the clips of Alan doing a Kate Bush medley on two different occasions. I spent ages a couple of years ago attempting to collect every single Partridge appearance, but this somehow managed to pass me by. His bellowing, laddish performance of 'it's me, it's Cathy, I've COME HOME NOW', as if it's being shouted by a bloke storming into his house after ork expecting a shag and a hot meal, might be my new favourite bit of Partridge delivery.

Apart from Michael. Who died.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Milverton on January 21, 2017, 06:40:59 PM
"Like all feminists she combined a hatred of being sexualised with a fixation that everything is to do with sex."

- I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan

The best bit is the line which follows:

"I mean do you like having it off or not?  Hellooooo?!"

Coogan's sing-song delivery of that sarcastic "Hello" is hilarious.

iamcoop

There's a line in I, Partridge which is always popping into my mind and I'm not really sure why but it's when he describes being caught with a microwave in his room in the travel tavern as a result of its "unusually loud ding" which is a "common failing of many of the newer Sanyo's."

Even laughed as I typed that.

HappyTree

KMKYWAP is my favourite of all AP. That French ep is a treasure trove. I think my favourite moment is when Alan is asking around about who knew about going to the Folies Bergères. He asks the lone accordion player if he knew as well and the look of amused contempt he gets in reply is something to behold.

batwings

Wrapping up his radio chat show after causing a boy genius to wet himself:

"...and from me, Alan Partridge, dry as a bone..."

notjosh

Quote from: batwings on January 22, 2017, 08:08:08 AM
Wrapping up his radio chat show after causing a boy genius to wet himself:

"...and from me, Alan Partridge, dry as a bone..."

That's one of my favourite episodes. I also like when he's on the back foot and panickingly claims to have seen a version of Hamlet starring Bernard Cribbins. Now whenever anyone mentions Bernard Cribbins I immediately hear Alan's intonation in my head.

Shay Chaise

"Of course you do, you little terror!"

"Even horses...even horses..."

'I'm all for God, me.  Can't stand the Devil.  I think he's an evil idiot!'

Bazooka

"Listeners, I have someone on the line who fears he may be a gay.
He's married so I shall only be using his Christian name.
I'm talking to Domingo in Little Oakley.
No? He's gone.
Pity."

Phil_A

I'm currently enjoying the Radio Norwich Comic Relief bits from 1999 and 2013.

Alan's weird mangling of words in the former is a nice little running thing I never noticed before

"...if you have the same name as a famous person or actor, or spurts porsenality..."

"Bladdackers' Rowan Atkinson, the rubber famousman...Bean."

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Phil_A on January 22, 2017, 10:08:02 AM
I'm currently enjoying the Radio Norwich Comic Relief bits from 1999 and 2013.

On Bryan Ferry's Comic Relief donation - "Suffice to say it will buy you 2 microwave ovens. Or 3 and half Dyson vacuum cleaners"

DrGreggles

holyzombiejesus

Just been watching some Partridge clips on youtube and noticed on the episode of KMKYWAP when Alan reels off his list of nicknames for Lawrence Knowles and asks Lawrence if he would like to comment, the line "I have the same solicitor as Dave Lee Travis" has been removed.

My favourite line from IP:WNTTAA is when he's talking about his birth and how everyone ("a cool 100% audience share") in the delivery room heard him cry, he states "not bad, I probably thought, not bad at all."