Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

There's a similar joke in Scissored Isle about a girl who'd used a loan shark and they'd masked her face and voice (badly) to keep her anonymous but Alan pulls up outside her house with the street name and house number clearly visible.

Cuellar

And then blur his face and not hers for a shot.

The Lurker

The Police Officer in this scene was none other than Jessica Knappett

Police Officer: [reading from transcript of radio conversation] 01:00 Partridge: I wish this was abroad because it would make a brilliant Banged Up Abroad
Farrell: What's Banged Up Abroad?
Partridge: You don't know Banged Up Abroad?
Farrell: No
Partridge: Everyone knows Banged Up Abroad
Farrell: I don't, what is Banged Up Abroad
Partridge: You seriously don't know Banged Up Abroad? You have to be shitting me
Farrell: I've never even heard of Banged Up Abroad

Policewoman: Just get to the bit where they stop saying Banged Up Abroad

*Turns a few pages*

Police Officer: Sidekick Simon: I once banged up a broad
Partridge: That's the best you've got, even with a gun to your head?

Policewoman: He's got a gun to his head?

Pancake

I think they're worse than scum, I think they're.... I want to say sludge?

NoOffenceLynn

On MMM Sidekick Simon in going through the papers to find a "funny" story about a postman that has gone missing and comparing it to The Royal Mail, he will turn up but just not on time a bit like our post.

Alan: (completely deadpan) yeah, they just found his body this morning.

Awkward radio silence.

Then the news headlines kick in with the top story being about the said postman's body being identified after being found washed up...

kalowski

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on February 11, 2019, 05:10:04 PM
On MMM Sidekick Simon in going through the papers to find a "funny" story about a postman that has gone missing and comparing it to The Royal Mail, he will turn up but just not on time a bit like our post.

Alan: (completely deadpan) yeah, they just found his body this morning.

Awkward radio silence.

Then the news headlines kick in with the top story being about the said postman's body being identified after being found washed up...
I watched this again just the other day. This section is so well timed and the news headline just caps it off perfectly.

Pancake

The entire interview with the countryside alliance nob is amazing.

"Spiffing... er errr err wagwan!"

Pancake

The bit where he's trying to cover up some minor racism and he goes "err... because I trumped"

Pancake

I'd love to see you call it a roly-poly in from of Andy McNabb. He's knock you out!

Ferris

Quote from: Pancake on February 11, 2019, 08:39:00 PM
I'd love to see you call it a roly-poly in from of Andy McNabb. He's knock you out!

"...She'd invite the Harlem Globetrotters and Nigel Farage."

"Ohhh - he'd get battered!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bazooka on January 08, 2019, 05:14:10 AM
In Scissored Isle, when he confronts John Thompsons loan shark type character and he opens his car boot and the fuel cap. Followed by Alan completely backing down because the guy likes his show, with "Just go easier on your rates of interest, if you can". The whole intensive hard hitting journalist mocking is sublime.

Wonderful moment, thanks.

Iirc he observes he "hasn't even brushed his teeth"

imitationleather

Quote from: The Lurker on February 11, 2019, 04:12:43 PM
The Police Officer in this scene was none other than Jessica Knappett

Police Officer: [reading from transcript of radio conversation] 01:00 Partridge: I wish this was abroad because it would make a brilliant Banged Up Abroad
Farrell: What's Banged Up Abroad?
Partridge: You don't know Banged Up Abroad?
Farrell: No
Partridge: Everyone knows Banged Up Abroad
Farrell: I don't, what is Banged Up Abroad
Partridge: You seriously don't know Banged Up Abroad? You have to be shitting me
Farrell: I've never even heard of Banged Up Abroad

Policewoman: Just get to the bit where they stop saying Banged Up Abroad

*Turns a few pages*

Police Officer: Sidekick Simon: I once banged up a broad
Partridge: That's the best you've got, even with a gun to your head?

Policewoman: He's got a gun to his head?

Ah man. By some considerable distance the funniest moment in Alpha Papa. It almost makes me want to watch it again. Not enough to, y'know, actually watch it. But enough to make the thought of doing it cross my mind.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 11, 2019, 08:40:48 PM
"...She'd invite the Harlem Globetrotters and Nigel Farage."

"Ohhh - he'd get battered!"

Coogan and Key just losing it toward the end of that seemingly improvised line is beautiful.

bradaaron87

Comic Relief '99. Impossible to pick one gem; the whole thing is basically just one massive gem.

https://youtu.be/f2hFb0vleDM

This is apex Alan. Peak Partridge, if you will.

Twed

Pancake

His reaction when he had his bum brutally exposed in another Comic Relief is brilliant, half pulling his pleat-fronted slacks up with one hand, as is his reference to the incident as a gang-debagging is I, Partridge

The Lion King

I can't remember the exact quote but on MMM series one where he interviews the entrepreneur who he is keen to impress, the chap says something about relying too much on computers and Alan thumps his computer 'Yea, ya bitch!'

Chollis

What's the sort-of jingle thing of Alan doing a Jamaican accent "Me love Alan Partridge, mon. Man is fresh" or something to that effect. So many joyous little snippets like that throughout MMM that make me laugh but i can never remember.

Tikwid

Quote from: bradaaron87 on February 12, 2019, 02:58:20 PM
Comic Relief '99. Impossible to pick one gem; the whole thing is basically just one massive gem.

https://youtu.be/f2hFb0vleDM

This is apex Alan. Peak Partridge, if you will.
Not even kidding when I say watching 6:14 - 6:35 is the closest I've ever felt to having sleep paralysis while awake.

gmoney

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 12, 2019, 08:25:29 AM
Wonderful moment, thanks.

Iirc he observes he "hasn't even brushed his teeth"

"Why do you look like a sad teddy in a suit?"

bradaaron87

Quote from: Tikwid on February 12, 2019, 05:21:23 PM
Not even kidding when I say watching 6:14 - 6:35 is the closest I've ever felt to having sleep paralysis while awake.

Haha tremendous.

Looking back, you can tell the Dundee Incident wasn't far off. We're watching someone clearly on the brink of total collapse.

"Bladacker's Rowan Atkinson, the rubber famous man... Bean."

Solid Jim

Quote from: Tikwid on February 12, 2019, 05:21:23 PM

I knew exactly which moment this would be! However, this is the first time I have ever noticed Michael's whispered "Are you all right, Mr Partridge?"

Cuellar

What's all that about getting married to a Canadian?! Pretty sure that's never even mentioned in any other things - are these Comic Relief things not canon?

McChesney Duntz